1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Confirmed [4182] Different skull level shown in the Battle log versus on the map

Discussion in 'Confirmed issues' started by Victorash, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Victorash

Victorash Active Member

OS version: ios 11.4.1
    Device: ipad pro 9.7'
    Game version: 0.49

Description of the issue:

There are more situations of inconsistency when a Province is shown with different skull level on the map compared with the battles log.
    For PvP this happens especially for 3v3 and 4v4 battles and it’s connected also with the trophies count. (more details in this topic - https://forum.warlordsofaternum.com/index.php?threads/3v3-4v4-pvp.7360/)

But I’m not talking here about battles that give different trophies than shown (this is another well known bug). I’m talking about not being correctly shown in the battle log.

Example 1 - a 3v3 2S shown as 3S on the map (see screenshots)
    IMG_2528.jpg IMG_2529.jpg IMG_2530.jpg
    - 1st screenshot you can see the PvP battle that is a 3v3 3S shown as 144T (this is normal TC for a 3S for me)
    - 2nd screenshot you can see the battle log - as you can see there is no 3S shown. But our province is the first one, shown as 2S, but on the map it’s a 3S
    - 3rd screenshot - I fought it and I get 130T. This is what I normally get for a 2S

Conclusions
    1. In the Battle log you see the real TC skull rating that you’ll get after the battle (2S=130T – what I got in the end).
    2. On the map you are shown wrongly the TC (meaning you are shown more than you’ll get – you see 144, but you get 130), but indeed you are shown courtly the level of difficulty (meaning that this 3v3 is indeed hard to fight as a 3S)

Correct would be: show the same skull level on the Battle log and on the map. But what level would it be in this case 2S or 3S? the TC level(2S) or the difficulty level(3S)? I believe that this would be the difficult level 3S and then you have to correct the TC given, so received TC = shown TC because in the end a 3S 3v3 should give the same amount of trophies (T) as a 3S 4v4 and 3S 5v5 (because for us is equally difficult to obtain the victory in the 3 situations).

If you want more examples please ask – I have saved a 4v4 shown on the map as 4S and in the Battle log as 3S.

LORDofLORDS likes this.
  2. Victorash

Victorash Active Member

I would also want to add that this happens also for Riding Brigands - usually shown on the map as bigger difficulty (2S for example) and shown in the Battle log with less (1S). Usually this depends on the number combinations of units 7v5, 3v7 etc.
    IMG_2582.jpg

LORDofLORDS likes this.
  3. GoldReaper

GoldReaper Active Member

I have the same issue. It happens 50% of the time.

4. Victorash

Victorash Active Member

I would like to add the 3rd situation when this bug occurs.
    This also occurs when you raise your top 5 Army power. So for example if you have a 3S PvP and you raise your T5AP that battle will become a 2S (and also shown like this on the map), but in the battle log it will still be shown as a 3S

And the 4th situation when this bug occurs
    - after you reroll your PvP battle the battle log won't be updated showing the previous skull level - you can notice this only if the skull level has changed after rr (of course)

I don't think that these situations need screenshots as it's clear enough and easy to reproduce, but if you want I can provide some

5. NickA

NickA New Member

Conclusions
    1. In the Battle log you see the real TC skull rating that you’ll get after the battle (2S=130T – what I got in the end).
    2. On the map you are shown wrongly the TC (meaning you are shown more than you’ll get – you see 144, but you get 130), but indeed you are shown courtly the level of difficulty (meaning that this 3v3 is indeed hard to fight as a 3S)

What? Are you saying that 2 my PvP 4 skull battles are not worth what they say because on my battle log they are stated as a 3 skull and a 4 skull? I never saw that before in this particular case when they are both 5x5. so the bug is there for 5x5 also, now confirmed by me. Without screenshots, albeit.

6. Victorash

Victorash Active Member

In the end You will get the rewards, but in the end you’ll noticed that a 4S battle in the battle log and on the map is more difficult than a 4S battle on the map, but shown 3S in the battle log.
    Lets hope that with the new PvP system they will fix this

7. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Member

A month later this is still happening. (Three months from OP) Any word from the devs? I see the thread is listed as "confirmed." there have been at least one and maybe two updates since OP.

In another thread the issue of incorrect rewards is discussed. My observation is that this thread and the other are, in fact, related. As the OP points out the rewards match the battle log, not the map or the actual difficulty.

8. Chiri

Chiri Community Manager Staff Member

The only thing we can say is that our developers are already on it but we cannot give an ETA, some bugs can fixed in the next update and some others can take several months to be fixed, they are marked by priority and this one is just a graphic issue that does not affect gameplay therefore we cannot be sure it is going to be fixed soon, right now there are some other matters more pressing such as the new regiments and polishing it.

Jin, BlackAdder666 and Primer like this.
  9. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Member

That's great information! Thanks for responding. Since it's just a graphics glitch, can you clarify which information is correct? When planning our time and battles, and expectations for rewards, is the battle log correct or the map? Fine if it's just a graphics glitch and not a priority, but let us know which information is correct please. Thanks!

10. Chiri

Chiri Community Manager Staff Member

The map is the correct one.

Enodrevo likes this.