1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Confirmed [4636] Can't post in alliance chat

Discussion in 'Archived issues' started by Guru, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Guru

Guru Active Member

Android version: 7.0
    Device: Huawei P10 plus
    Game version: 0.54

Description of the issue:

I can type in alliance chat line, but when I press the post button no text appears in the chat.

2. Guru

Guru Active Member

Finally the game is up again and I can post again. If issue won't repeat itself for some days, I guess we can close this bug post as fixed.

3. Arci

Arci Community Manager Staff Member

That was fast :p

Maybe it was somehow related to the PvP update as it also included some other backend systems :)

4. Guru

Guru Active Member

Ok, just finished one PvP against Primer 5x5 and can't post again. So the issue is still there.

5. Guru

Guru Active Member

Omg, killed the app 2 times and it started working again :D
    I should stop spamming. After I could post again, I pressed home button to get to the forums to post that it is working again. But after posting I got bacķ to the game and chat doesn't work again. So itsi connected now with going out of the app and then returning to it.

6. Arci

Arci Community Manager Staff Member

During the PvP matchmaking release it was kind of expected to have some short downtimes (few seconds) that may also take down the chat service, but right now the deploy is over so the chat should work again.

Do you still have these random issues?

7. Zancudo

Zancudo Active Member

Yes. It is happening to me sometimes, but I dont know when it occurs exactly. The only solution is to restart the app. If not I cant write any message.

8. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

Yes, I’m getting it intermittently.

Currently trying to explain a tactical dynamic to newbie alliance members (split between several posts): managed 4 full posts, now I can’t post at all to complete message.

Edit: I couldn’t post, so I relogged, then it worked again

9. Zancudo

Zancudo Active Member

Yeah, the bug is still there. It happends often.

10. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

Can very seldom write in chat, very annoying not being able to answer directed questions...

11. Hopps

Hopps Active Member

Find i have to compose message in word, then cut n paste in to chat, because of fear of having to type it in chat several times, even sometimes after logging back in.

12. Chiri

Chiri Community Manager Staff Member

Could you please give exact steps to reproduce the issue?

13. Hopps

Hopps Active Member

1)Type in chat
    2)press ok
    3)does post appear in chat; if not, go to step 4; if chat appears, go to step 1
    4)reset app
    5)go to step 1

Jesper and BlackAdder666 like this.
  14. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

Even with a fresh started app, chat does not work. I type, press send and nothing appears. Try again, nothing appears. Restarting game does not help me. Sometimes chat works, but more and more seldom...

Edit: Just quickly wrote test in chat and sent it. Game crashed totally and shut down immediately. Many and serious bugs in chat...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  15. zzzz

zzzz Member

so far seems to be the following for me:
    1) open app - can post fine
    2) switch to a different app
    3) switch back - chat is broken
    4) completely kill and restart app - works again

pixel 2, android 8.1.0

Loraykin and Zancudo like this.
  16. Zancudo

Zancudo Active Member

Yeah, It is exactly what is happening.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  17. Jesper

Jesper Well-Known Member

It just looks that the client loses its Websocket connection to the server - and the only way to reconnect is to restart the app. When your server were overloaded this was happening very often, now it works most of the time. Still your client does seem to lack the ability to check if the connection has been lost and reconnect by itself. But this is what is needed (I think).

18. Chiri

Chiri Community Manager Staff Member

I have been writing in my alliance's chat and everything was sent perfectly, I tried in an iOS device, are all of you who has the issue using Android?

19. Jesper

Jesper Well-Known Member

I also have this issue from time to time on iOS. It got better in the last weeks, though. It was worst when you also had server problems and the multiple spawn bug. Sometimes I notice a multi second delay before my post appears in the chat.

Overall I think that you have some load problems on the server side and from time to time the web socket connection gets lost. The app does not seem to be able to recover from that besides from a restart. I also hear that changing languages can fix the chat/web socket connection. But I guess that switching languages is (internally) the equivalent of a client restart.

Please add some heartbeat to the connection that client can notice if the connection went dead and can reconnect on its own. Of course be careful to not overload your infrastructure with those "pings".

20. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

I still get that, on Android. I think zzzz's bug description is accurate for me.