1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Confirmed [4636] Can't post in alliance chat

Discussion in 'Archived issues' started by Guru, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Hopps

Hopps Active Member

Just go into chat, then go to the forum.

When you go back to chat you can't post.

BlueRuby likes this.
  2. Candle

Candle Active Member

Maybe it related to protection from SQL injections on server.
    Can't post any message containing "double quotes character", while posting messages w/o it works normally for me in 99% cases

Loraykin likes this.
  3. archie

archie Member

I have the same issue using iPhone. If I need to write a chat message, I have to close app and then open it again, otherwise I cannot write anything.

4. Twilight2k

Twilight2k New Member

Same issue. I had not tried posting in a while though so I'm not sure when it started.

5. Arcturus

Arcturus New Member

I am also having this issue playing on PC with the Nox emulator 6.2 - Android 4.

6. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

This. Been like it as long as chat been around, I think I remember.

7. Glidepath

Glidepath New Member

Same issue from iPad and iPhone, closing the app allows me to post 1 msg when reopening

8. Stross

Stross New Member

I find if you log out of the game and then back in the chat statts to work again. I tend to copy anything i write on the first time so i can paste in afterwards

Zancudo likes this.
  9. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

Just had it where there was approx a 2-minute delay between posting a line of chat and it’s displaying.

10. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

90% of my posts never appear in chat. If I have just started WoA, done nothing else at all, then post in chat I have about 50% chance it appears. Seldom use chat as it works so seldom. Also if I have played WoA for more than 30 minutes OR sold a lot of upgrades, trying to post in chat often crashes the game and I have to restart. Idea of a chat is excellent, but it has worked badly since it was introduced and again works about only 10% for me.

11. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

Something’s changed:
    I can’t post at all, at the moment.

Normally, this is what I’ve noticed. I will then restart the app and it will work again. Since yesterday, even this is not working for me.

Edit: I restarted the app again, then I could see my own message. This is new.

Tried again...typing a new mesage...didn’t show...tried restarting...still not showing...maybe time delay in there too...?

Yup, seems to be a 5-10 minute delay between post and display (after app restart).
    And, I’ve had a couple messages not display at all.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  12. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

Getting worse.

For me, chat will now work intermittently. I seem to have a few-minute windows to type before it cuts out on me. Then I can’t chat at all for a while...then it will work unexpectedly for a bit....then go again.

Restarting app now seems to have little impact.

Annoying because I’m trying to help out newbies, who may not get on here so often.
    Shaking my fist at it a little more often. Even gave it the ‘V’ sign earlier!

Ipad 34.0
    Version 12.1

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Dezytrius likes this.
  13. Dezytrius

Dezytrius Member

Please Devs prioritize this Alliance Chat fix. It's hard to encourage chatting and an Alliance culture when it suddenly stops working and resetting the app doesn't seem to immediately fix anymore, 50/50 to be fair.

I didn't think this was a big a deal, but it is turning out to be one. Pretty soon Alliance members will just quit trying to use or check Chat because they will just assume it's broke and most dont come to the Forum to hear otherwise.

Jin and BlueRuby like this.
  14. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

IMHO, Alliance is the only feature of WoA that can benefit warlords at all stages of progress. It baffle me greatly why InnoGames choose to ignore adding more to it for so very long.:confused:

15. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

Ipad 34.0
    Version 12.1
    Game version 0.58

Was : Start app - go into chat - chat works - switch to forum - go back into chat - chat doesn’t work.

Now: Start app - go into chat - chat works (a few times)...then:
    Chat doesn’t work (right after working) - restart app - failed message might be present (might not
    be)
    (If working) might be able to post a couple more times; (if not) go have a break, it’ll work later, on
    app restart.

Might be something in the above about fighting battles, or checking out other features of the game, that disrupts the ability to chat?
    However, just now, I typed 2 lines and the 3rd didn’t work. I had done nothing different. The message was available to me upon app restart. Could just as easily not have worked.

Been like this just over a week now. Happens very often.

16. Spiderman

Spiderman Active Member

I believe it was said by the devs in another thread that they are concentrating on the new continent content first and then will work/look at enhancing/adding alliance features. Be patient! :)

17. Eddie

Eddie New Member

I have the same issue. I post a bug ticket. I am waiting for answer. I have a Nvidia Shield Tablet, with Android 7.

18. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

Chat almost never work for me. Also forum page have not loaded for weeks on my tablet. Have not updated or changed anything. Forum work on other devices. Altogether I feel very cut off from the fun community. Please fix alliance chat once and for all...?!?

19. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

Have to say that the difficulties I’ve been facing these past couple weeks with alliance chat have eased: seems to be working much better again. Not sure what’s different but, if you’ve been working on this, devs, thank you!

Edit: no, still around, though not as bad as it has been the past few weeks.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019