1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Confirmed [4742] Too many PvP spawns

Discussion in 'Confirmed issues' started by Mark Engle, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

This most recent spawn session gave me 10 new spawns, on top of the five I had saved. They are bogus accounts, with non-player names, and all 3s worth the same 194 trophies.

When I re-roll them, I'm getting normal player spawns.

Whats up? @ Arci @Bruthor @Chiri

Edit: whats even cooler is they all have the same top 5 as me!

2. Arci

Arci Community Manager Staff Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Thanks for the report, our developers are actively working on that now.

That wasn't planned for the new matchmaking :p

3. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

FWIW, my second newer account did not get the Super Spawn session.

4. Victorash

Victorash Active Member

I want super spawns :)

5. Vikas Singhal

Vikas Singhal New Member

There appears to be a problem in PVP... RAPNK is at #1 with 7532 score, which means he has played 39 or 40 games, however the maximum I can play is 25 so far... please explain this or fix the bug since this is not fair

6. Jimsom2

Jimsom2 Active Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    More data:

I was online at the time of the super spawn. When I tried to rr a battle for about 20 minutes after, I would get a server disconnect. When I rejoined the game, I had another spawn. I ended up with 30 total battles including the 5 I had saved.

Let me know if you need more details.

7. Vikas Singhal

Vikas Singhal New Member

The only question is Why? It just murdered my interest to continue playing this game!

8. Arci

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Thank you for the details.

The cause has been identified and was an unlucky concidence of events, but now we should be prepared if such events will happen once again at the same time.

Uhm... could you write the full question? It would be rather hard to answer otherwise :p

BlackAdder666 likes this.
  9. Jimsom2

Jimsom2 Active Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Thanks for the update, @Arci. Is there a plan to fix this season? It's supposed to go for another 13 days and lots of my alliance members have lost interest because of the uneven extra spawns.

Vikas Singhal likes this.
  10. Vikas Singhal

Vikas Singhal New Member

Then you should just deduct the extra spawns from everyone or restart the pvp... OR, give the same number of spawns to everyone who hasn't got super spawns...why should this error continue to haunt a lot of us? You must come up with a logical solution!

11. Arci

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Well, looking at the numbers this unwanted spawn may impact only to a really really little amount of players, the ones that will remain slightly out the top 100 and the really few that will remain really close to top 10 because they had less battles. Let's say.... 50 players?

Every other player which wouldn't reach top 100 has more battles than usual, potentially meaning more Trophies, Gold,War Coins and Diamonds. This is a bonus for the very majority of the players, rather than a problem.

Ending/Restarting the season is not just pressing a button and everything is solved, there are many other issues that may arise as a consequence, even worse than what happened today.

That said, I'll forward your feelings to the developers, but I cannot guarantee that something other than fixing the bug for the future will be done.

Aniquileitor, Jin and BlackAdder666 like this.
  12. Vikas Singhal

Vikas Singhal New Member

Hope you will agree that this is demotivating to everyone who didnt get the unwanted spawns... I can easily tell almost who all got the unwanted spawns (approximately), so dont understand why it cannot be deducted or reversed. Am sure the folks who got the undue benefit will not be dissatisfied in the spirit of the game. As I said, there must be a logical solution that is implemented so that people like me do not lose interest in the game - if at all that matters!

13. Zancudo

Zancudo Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    I do not agree at all with anything you say. I do care about possibly being out of the top 100, losing 7000TC, war coins, gold and many diamonds (my difference right now with the Leader caused by the bug), and the changes that will probably occur in All time Leaderboard (for some players at least). I think the bug is big enough to be taken seriously and find a solution acceptable to all. Many people, like me, spend too much time playing this game, and it is not fair.

I feel that I am not speaking only by me.

Sorry for my english. Thanks.

Vikas Singhal, Jimsom2 and Lesterio like this.
  14. Lesterio

Lesterio Active Member

I agree with Zancudo even though I was effected by the bug and got 5 extra battles. I still have 5 battles saved, so my score indicate the score I should have had without the bug. I am currently placed at 33. It means that all these warlords ahead of me have gotten extra battles. For many warlords who usually put a lot of effort and even money to get to the top 10, this season is dead. They will have almost 2 weeks of disappointment waiting to its end. And these players are the most active ones, who contribute a lot to the game in general and to the forum in particular.

15. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

How about this suggestion.

Play out the season and let those who got lucky enjoy their good fortune. Normal rewards at end of season based on standings.

In the meantime give every active player 200 Diamonds and 4000 WarCoins as a “Sorry about that” gesture. Equivalent of a top 100 finish.

I for one will actually enjoy two weeks of stress free play not fighting for a top10 finish.

Jin, Zancudo and BlackAdder666 like this.
  16. Vikas Singhal

Vikas Singhal New Member

While I appreciate your suggestion, but why this workaround? It would still be unfair to people who were competing for top 10 - there's a lot of difference in reward! The people who got undue credit should just let it go... and then it becomes fair to all.

17. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

It is an unfair bug, yes! And I think that everyone would try to finish pvp if they found a few extra on map, not reasonable to not play and miss same amount of coming fights to be fair to others. Good thing is that season just started, imagine if people had spent time and diamonds to get those few extra trophies for 12-13 days - and then this bug appeared on the last day of the season. Wow, that would be unfair and make many stop playing for good. Little time passed, luck in getting extra pvp (luck has regrettably always been an unfair part of WoA), and shit happens....

I agree with Primer, give all players WC and diamonds as apology. Same amount would mean that top players increase season total winnings by 15-30%, and low AP players could increase winnings by hundreds of %. Now, that seems fair!!!!

18. Vikas Singhal

Vikas Singhal New Member

Well, it appears that we are talking between ourselves - suggesting what should happen... the developers are not at all responding :(

19. Zancudo

Zancudo Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Since there is a bug, THERE IS NOT top 100 or top 10 FAIR at all. I suggest to STOP seasson and give all same rewards to all players as have been said. Then restart season when bug is complety fixed. But I think really my words are going to get stuck in a hole...

20. Arci

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Once again, we apologize for all the mess caused by this issue. Here's the most updated info for you:

We are still actively looking into what happened to make sure it will not happen again. As previously said we already have a plan for it, but the best way to test it is by keeping this season running.
    The reason is simple, if our fix will not work it would be much better to have a second similar issue on this season, rather than affecting a new one.

The stability of the game is our top priority for now. Once this will be stabilized, we'll proceed with the eventual further steps.

If you're not intended to participate on this season, that totally makes sense. You could use these couple of weeks to have some more relaxed play sessions on the PvE area, or maybe to hit a new record on both Strongholds ;)

Thank you everyone for your understanding! :)