1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Confirmed [4768] Wrong WC reward for PvP

Discussion in 'Confirmed issues' started by Mark Engle, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

I've noticed this a few times, but it doesn't happen every time. It has also been mentioned in Alliance chat.

If I fight a 2s spawn, I should get 50 WC. There are times when I only receive 30. I notice this when I reroll a 1s fight and get a subsequent 2s fight. I win the 2s fight, but only get rewarded like a 1s fight.

I am trying to determine the scenario where this happens every time, but haven't figured it out yet. However, the reward is reduced to 30 WC often enough to make me feel a little on the sad side.

Like wanting to eat a cookie, and then you drop in on the ground after 2 bites. Or noticing a bug is in your salad.

Sad like that.

I'm on Android. Current version.

2. Arci

Arci Community Manager Staff Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Thank you for the report!

Also the detail about rerolling might be a lot useful :)

3. Arci

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    We're trying to reproduce it but we didn't succeed yet, also trying to reroll seems to not be the key.

It also happend on my live account yesterday a couple of times, but never again today. Is it still happening?

And if it happens again, could you also check if you get 30 or 50 WC?

4. Mark Engle

Yes, it just happened again. I had a 1s rerolled to a 2s. Only got 30 WC.

Another Alliance member said it also happened to him today.

5. Arci

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Thank you!

I had it once after 5 differents tests (rerolling from 1s to 2s), now we're investigating if it may happen randomly after a reroll or if there's something else behind :)

Mark Engle likes this.
  6. Mark Engle

Hi @Arci

I just fought a newly spawned 2s fight, and only got 30 WC.

So I can confirm it doesn't just happen after a re-roll.

Hope that helps.

7. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Active Member

Some speculation here but I ran into this bug for a long time while I was leveling up. I always wondered if it was related to spawned goblins from GG somehow pushing your winning AP calculation up thus reducing the skull level of the fight when rewards are finalized (meaning the GG goblins are included in your winning army AP).

I guess the easiest way would be to gearswap until you are right on the border between a 2S and a 1S and then spawn GG goblins. Of course I'm assuming here that @Mark Engle is using GG and if you're not then my theory is out the window. :p

BlackAdder666 likes this.
  8. Arci

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    I'm also in love with GG and her ability, she's actually my 2nd regiment in the rank :p

Thanks for the goblin hint, I tried a couple of times, but unfortunately it didn't work (both time got 50 WC and the goblin was alive).

9. Mark Engle

Just a quick observation. The occasional 30 WC prize continues for 2s fights. It happens with 2s fights that are higher on the TC spectrum, and with fights that are barely 2s. It happens after re-rolls, it happens with new spawns.

There honestly doesn't seem to be a pattern.:confused:

It probably affects 1-2 fights out of 5.

Hopefully the devs can figure it out soon.

10. Arci

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    That's a different issue that happens after rerolling battles, but it applies to each battle and the issue is on the battle log.

The harder battles are not a bug :p

11. Arci

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Uhm... still a different issue apparently, as I did two battles, both were 2s but marked as 1s on the log. One granted me 30 WC the other 50.

Could you please open a new thread where you report the battle log issue please?

12. Arci

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Well, we already know about that bug, having more details would just speed up the process, by not reporting you're actually making the devs lose more time.

On the other topic, mid game players aren't getting 3/4 skulls battle that often, just have a look at Jin's post here.

Please, keep writing on this thread only information related to this bug. Other bugs have to be discussed in their own thread, feedbacks have to be discussed on the feedback section.

13. Mark Engle

@Arci

I can confirm that this bug also affects 4s fights. I re-rolled a 1s into a 4s, won the battle, and only received 50 WC instead of 75.

14. Arci

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Thanks!

I assume before the reroll was 2s or 3s right?

15. fyreax

fyreax Member

This is to confirm that multiple times on both 2s and 3s PvP battles I have received lower rewards and less items. It sometimes reaches 100% of battles spawned or rerolled.
    I do not reroll any more as increasing difficulty without commensurate reward makes no sense. In fact PvP has become a thing I do if I have time...the 2k WC 'gift' was likely less than the wc I was shorted over the 100 plus battles over the 10 day tournament by the game.

Mark Engle likes this.
  16. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Member

I noticed this bug today myself as well. I've seen it before but just thought I had been wrong about the reward. Today I was intentional because I needed 70 more WC to buy a shard. I had 2 PvP one skull matches I rerolled into two skull but only got 30WC each.

17. Waarthog

Waarthog Member

I had a similar issues just that I got 3 skull fights that payed for 2 skulls ... I found a work around to getting the 3 skull reward. One of my regiments in my top 5 (the mages I hardly use them anymore in PvP, I now go with KG, MF, GG and both archers ... Well my GG are not in my top 5 they are still a lvl lower than the others) I just equipt them (the mages)with gray items b4 I do PvP reducing my top 5 rating and then getting the 3 skull reward ... Hope this can help you in the meantime getting more WC untill this bug is fixed

18. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Member

Further observation: twice today I rerolled my opponent. In both cases a 1 skull was changed to a 2 skull. In both cases the battle log (left side of the screen) did not update the change. In the first battle I got 50 WC and the second only 30.

19. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Member

Shouldn't the reward for 3 skulls be 70 WC? [​IMG]

20. Arci

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    The preview looks correct to me.

Quoting @Primer's post on a different thread, here's your answer: