1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Confirmed [5805] Lightning working as intended?

Discussion in 'Confirmed issues' started by Enodrevo, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Active Member

My DS have lightning on their staff. I am finding that if I plant a tree of corruption, my next attack on an adjacent enemy the lightning zaps my own tree and kills it! Is this WAI?

Dezytrius likes this.
  2. Zancudo

Zancudo Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Dont you have put on him a lighting weapon? Then you can destroy your own trees;) I think these weapons are not so useful.

Dezytrius likes this.
  3. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

That's why most top warlords avoid the Lightning weapons like the plague.;)

Dezytrius likes this.
  4. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Active Member

Thanks for the 2 replies, but neither actually addressed my original question. I realize lightning isn't the best, but I'm using what I have. The question remains- should my lightning destroy my tree?

Dezytrius likes this.
  5. Waarthog

Waarthog Member

In my expirience lightning does that ... I had that issue with my MF and their tree
    (Especially for lvling WL you use what you get, not what you want because you just don't have the choice but if you use MF or DS in your main setup I wouldn't use a lightning weapon I'd stick to a lower level krit weapon)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    Dezytrius and Jin like this.
  6. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Sorry for not being to the point.

The answer should be a resounding 'NO' but most warlords don't using lightning weapon so there was no hue and cries to get InnoGames to recode it. Anyway, the nature of lightning is that you can't controlled where it goes hence destroying own tree is possible.

I recalled mage's nova used to destroy own tree and since every warlord uses mage, InnoGames did a recode and now nova don't destroy own trees (both ToH and ToC) anymore.;)

I suppose if you love using Lightning weapons then you gonna have to start a campaign to get InnoGames to change it.:rolleyes:

Dezytrius and Jimsom2 like this.
  7. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

My bad. Just remembered that you can controlled lightning if you're one of the 'X-Men' (Storm, right?). It's all that yakking between Primer and Marximus in WLI chat that made me realised my mistake.:D:p

Dezytrius likes this.
  8. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Well-Known Member

@Enodrevo
    I’m quite surprised to read that.
    3 of my top regiments currently use lightning weapons (what can I say? ...I like em).
    They do destroy enemy trees but I cannot recall them destroying my own MF tree.
    Might be how I place it...I’ll check that out.

9. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Active Member

I haven't seen lightning destroy my MF healing tree, just DS decay tree. I would surmise that the code sees it as "enemy" because there are goblin enemies that use the decay trees too.

archie likes this.
  10. Zancudo

Zancudo Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    And talking about that... any body knows how big is the damage range of the most powerful MAXIMICED lighting weapon? Does it worth?.

11. Ktaar

Ktaar Member

Just use lightning before u cast tree or don't shoot nearby enemies) I don't think it's a bug. Just feature. And I found lightning weapons quite useful. It is not as awesome as critical damage is, but it works every turn. And giving amazing additional and (as it seems to me) magical damage, because I noticed, how it is effective against swordsmen.