1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

New idea Add more skills for each unit

Discussion in 'Ideas & Suggestions' started by Ideaman, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Ideaman

Ideaman New Member

I have an idea to help make each unit more unique by adding more skills and skill combos for existing units and I have a few suggestions for each unit.
    Starting with Royal Pikes add retribution, impale, and battlefield control.
    For Dewport Guard add protected flanks, seize postion, and devious strike.
    For League Predators I think you could add protected flanks seize postion and devious strike.
    For Kings Guard I would add seize postion, protected flanks, and monster slayer.
    For Pikes of Xataka, embrace the pain, impale, and lock on.
    For T'rut's brigade, seize postion, impale, and protected flanks.
    For Grubak's Horde, whirlwind, devour, and blood frenzy.
    For Toom-Pah's Bunch, slam, thick skin, and retribution.

Notes: for each unit type I will stop and explain why I chose add those skills, for the starters I thought it would be a good idea to have them share as many skills as possible. For most of the rest, I wanted them to have abilities that reinforce each other and suit the role they have or seem to have. An example of this is Toom-Pah's Bunch and Grubak's Horde are more berserkers more than the other units, so they are the only infantry that don't have seize postion and protected flanks. I also wanted to keep new abilities to a minimum.

For Cavalry units I would add the following skills to each unit. Rough Riders, impale, master of plains, and retribution.
    Riders of Torga, master of plains, pilum, and impale.
    Free Knights, cavalry charge, rush, and impale.
    Drrakha's Tribe, cavalry charge, master of plains, and impale.

I chose each skill based on what works with the weapons they use and the inspiration of each unit. Such as the Riders of Torga appear to be Mongolian so giving them an archer ability makes sense, and impale works for the lance and pike.

Dezytrius and BlueRuby like this.
  2. Ideaman

Ideaman New Member

Hi, wasn't able to finish my thought last time. Now for the hard part archers and mages.

3. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

Loving your enthusiasm, ideaman!

It’s great to post our ideas, as they come to us. Innogames have their own ideas as to where they take the game but have also shown - with various new content - that they listen to our ideas and incorporate them, where possible.
    Who knows...maybe...

Oh, and welcome to the forums! :)

4. KptKaszanek

KptKaszanek New Member

I'd like to see third skill as players choice: every units has two possible skills and you have to choose one. This, same RoughRiders units can become for example: impact cavalry (skill "charge" os sth) or archer cavalry (skill "archers"). Player chooses.

Krinari, Loraykin and Dezytrius like this.
  5. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

You could in theory also have weapons and/or equipment give a new skill to your regiment so that you could craft your army to fit your playstyle more.

Dezytrius and KptKaszanek like this.
  6. Owain

Owain Member

I would prefer to allow each player to choose 1 unit as their army warlord (general), who on obtaining a 6th shard, would gain a second active.
    This would be a 1 time choice, and non-transferable. Timer would increase for this unit , as they would be stronger and harder to kill.