1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Answered Ads gone for some time

Discussion in 'Questions' started by AngelRipper, May 1, 2019.

1. AngelRipper

AngelRipper New Member

Warlord Level:
    Hello, apologies if this subject has been brought up before. I tried to search the forums and didn't find anything.
    My question is. Whatever happened to the ads? My ads have gone inactive for a couple of days. I know some other players have experienced that too. Is this a bug, or purposeful action from game developers?

RealBizkit666 and BlackAdder666 like this.
  2. RealBizkit666

RealBizkit666 New Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    RHero
    Same problem here. Got 1 today, so it seems to be only 1 per 24 hours (or longer)?

3. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

Have not seen any ads at all in 5 days....

4. AngelRipper

AngelRipper New Member

Warlord Level:
    Maybe we should move this thread to the Bugs section of the forum to get the devs to reply?

WarlordJohn likes this.
  5. RealBizkit666

RealBizkit666 New Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    RHero
    I had one this morning. But if you don't use it within a certain period of time, it disappears again without using it... Really strange...

6. BlackAdder666

Still no ads. But I am using a lot of rejuvenation scrolls due to impatience. Probably what Innogames are expecting. They could get income from scrolls AND ad watching...

7. RealBizkit666

RealBizkit666 New Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    RHero
    Today my add is a full feature film or something. No timer countdown and after a minute I closed it, so no reward.

Edit:
    I took the time to watch it to the end and it was a whopping 3 minute wait.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  8. WarlordJohn

WarlordJohn New Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    CzWar
    Yeah same problem here no ads available for several days please get the devs solve this...

9. Domitaro

Domitaro New Member

I believe they are planning to eliminate ads altogether in the near future, hence the introduction of scrolls.

Probably doing some A/B testing now hence the random ads count

10. Arcturus

Arcturus New Member

I have played the game for 8 months and NEVER had the option to watch ads. They said they were planning a replacement for the ads. Then, months later the Witch Doctor appears. I assumed this was their replacement for the ads. However, it seemed that the people who always had the ads-for-life feature STILL had them, which made me think that the Witch Doctor was NOT the replacement for Ads. Now it seems like people are starting to lose the feature... sort of? Really wish the Devs would just give us a straight unequivocal answer on what the deal is with this. Very unfair that many of us never had them in the first place, but now nobody knows what is going on!

11. BlackAdder666

My ads are back again. As usual they disappeared for about a week. But about 50% of them work as intended....

12. AngelRipper

AngelRipper New Member

Warlord Level:
    My ads has come back few days ago, 5 ads per day like before. I've had an answer from support that the ads would be gone eventually for all players. But they're back for me. All very strange

BlackAdder666 likes this.
  13. Arci

Arci Community Manager Staff Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Amount and content of the ads are handled by an external provider, unfortunately we have no control if the provider has less offers for some time or some video may be longer or faulty. That's also one of the main reasons why we'd like to replace this feature with something better in the future.

Thanks for sharing the feedback though, that was indeed a legit question :)

Domitaro and BlackAdder666 like this.
  14. AngelRipper

AngelRipper New Member

Warlord Level:
    With all due respect I disagree with you Arci. The amount of ads is fixed (at least for me). It's either 5 when ads work, or 0 for a period when the ads did not work. The content of ads obviously varies.
    If equal amount of ads cannot be provided for all players, than they should be removed completely, or just give an instant recovery instead when an ad is not available. My point is, players who get ads have an unfair advantage over players who don't get ads.

Imam likes this.