Alliance Campers. (New Players read this thread)

Veronan

Our alliance has people join then just don't participate. We try to engage them in chat to help. I know they are playing as you can see their units advancing in level, troop count, and stars. And they sit at 0 points for alliance. A parasite looking for rewards with no effort. This week we left some to see if they would jump back in and help. Not a single point. Heck you can accidently score a few points just playing.

Kicking them out is only alternative at the moment. We need a way to apply rewards based on parcipation during quest week.

Anyone else see this happen? How do you handle it?

Benji

It happens all the time, this week had a player with high stats joining and the not a word or point at all.
We give them to the end of the week to meet our minimum or else we kick.
Never had all 50 players participating ever

Dax

I think we all have lives and can’t always commit to play every single day. I know I’ve traveled several times where I just don’t have reliable internet access to play daily and so I’m somewhat sympathetic to players that don’t show up every day; I’m more interested in uncovering players that rarely or almost never show up. I do like the idea of skewing the award based on the individual players contribution.

I’d like to see some better metrics on who’s been playing over time. Like, if I could see week over week totals per player, that would help identify who is a casual player vs a consistent player. I’d also like to see how long a member has been a part of my Alliance. And I’d like to see direct messaging within the alliance and the ability to name an alternate alliance leader as well.

Veronan

Dax, great input. I do post in alliance chat if I'm traveling and try to let team know how long I may be out. Also, our big issue is we can tell they are playing but not any alliance help. Leader kicked 10 today with 0 points. One left hanging with 30 points I think should go too. A lot of those kicked have way better units than I have and I still made perfect score for week and they were at 0. That's unacceptable. We post in chat all the time ask here for advice, help, strategy, problems, etc. No one has asked once for help. That put a lot of people off. We gonna lose scorers to other alliances looking for better.

Last

I’d like to see some better metrics on who’s been playing over time. Like, if I could see week over week totals per player, that would help identify who is a casual player vs a consistent player. I’d also like to see how long a member has been a part of my Alliance.
Exactly. I wanted to have those informations, too and so i made a little Excel-Chart that helps a lot to monitor the progress of my alliance-members. In the first days of my alliance i entered the army power of each member on a daily scale. After some time, i got lazy and reduced the inputs to 2-3 times per Month. But it was enough to recognize long inactivities and kick them.

Now with the Alliance-Quests my chart gets two new columns on every monday. One for army power and one for quest-points. For me its the ideal system to have an eye on my members' activities. New Members will be kicked immediately when they don't contribute. And with old members i wait for 2-3 weeks of inactivity until i kick them.

Primer

I am currently using three or four weeks as my criteria for kicking an inactive player - unless I can tell for certain they are playing regularly but not helping in which case I would boot them sooner.

We have the buffer room as we generally get some participation from 48 or 49 players. Max participation has dropped slightly every week with only 36 players maxed after 5 days this week.

Each week I take a screenshot of all participants with low Quest Points. I get their AP and total trophy count. If they are gaining AP and/or trophies but not doing Quests I view that as being selfish and am more likely to boot them sooner. They are reaping the benefit but not helping.

If their AP and trophy count isn’t changing at all it tells me they are away from the game. Real life sometimes gets in the way so I will generally give them more time to see if they return.

Marcus Pitt

We had one player turn up towards the end of the season a few weeks ago, he contributed nothing but collected the rewards. He then contributed nothing for the first few days of the following week so I kicked him. He is presumably surfing around doing this to others as he has just rejoined our alliance again yesterday. I welcomed him and left a message stating quest expectations but still no points scored so I’m going to monitor tomorrow, if he still contributes nothing I will be kicking him just before the season ends. Revenge is a dish best served cold

Veronan

We have imposed minimum scores. If you are going to miss days, you need to post a message in chat. Those that were not going to make min score are gone even before last day of season this week. Leader set min at 300pts and I think he is being lenient.

Veronan

We had one player turn up towards the end of the season a few weeks ago, he contributed nothing but collected the rewards. He then contributed nothing for the first few days of the following week so I kicked him. He is presumably surfing around doing this to others as he has just rejoined our alliance again yesterday. I welcomed him and left a message stating quest expectations but still no points scored so I’m going to monitor tomorrow, if he still contributes nothing I will be kicking him just before the season ends. Revenge is a dish best served cold
Oh yeah. Definitely kick them before reward. Maybe even wait till last few minutes

Ushurak@adventures

We kick them out immediately. When you come in as a new member you have to show up.

Our alliance had not more this problem since more than a month. We had a fluctuation of 2-3 last 3 month. At the beginning we had a fusion with the hohhly active part of another alliance about 15 people which replaced over night our campers. We made 3 mistakes but they forgive us. (We didnt know the story behind). All our members are very active and we get always mythical ship (mostly 40k+ after day 5). We also track the activity of the members and remember them what we expect. We accept absences which we can easily absorb by the high activity. The key is the communication. You have actively to say that you are out for some days and its difficult to take part. I dont speak about having 800 points, thats ok.

So we have rules that are clear and independant of your power. That's the key for success. The one we kick out and avoid to give them a gift. The other ones can enjoy the ship even if they came in lately. By the way the miss of scrolls hadn't a high impact because of the spirit

Last edited:

als77

We have imposed minimum scores. If you are going to miss days, you need to post a message in chat. Those that were not going to make min score are gone even before last day of season this week. Leader set min at 300pts and I think he is being lenient.
300 points is very low in my opinion, but we need alliances for all kind of players :)

Currently I'm almost having the opposite problem; the past few weeks members have dropped a note in the chat that they have to stop playing the game for a while and that they therefor are quitting the alliance. I have great respect for those people, but I fear that we might loose some decent members because they feel they can't cope with the daily quests :( Hence I try to communicate that it is ok if someone has to quit playing for a few days, or even a week or two, as long as it is communicated to me.

With regards to the original question in this topic; yes, this happens. Luckily it hardly ever happens with my alliance anymore, seems to are able to get active players. I guess the advice would be for the alliance-leader to set a minimum goal, kick members who underperform (severely), be active recruiting, have patience, and then sprinkle in some luck :)

Veronan

I believe as the alliances mature, you start to see how to rid your team of the campers and how to get them out quicker. I agree that 300pts per week min is low. I think it should be at least 480pts (6 days at 80pts a day. Easily doable IMO).​

Primer

If your “camper” doesn’t contribute again please share the in-game screen name. That way we don’t accidentally carry him for a week.

Marcus Pitt

Not sure how I feel about naming and shaming, is there a consensus on posting about specific users?

As a side question, what is the trigger for rewards being made available? Do I have to wait until the new season starts before adding members to the alliance if I don’t want them to share in the already achieved rewards, or is the trigger the message received saying rewards are available?

RasClart

I have 2 rules which i insist on & it’s working great...

1. 900 per week minimum... my reasoning is that everyone needs to EARN their own mythical ship... they don’t just deserve it... it’s not a human right... to EARN it is 864 points every week per person in a 50 person alliance... so if we assume that folk need downtime here & there, have visitors, crazy week at work, everyone needs to do more to cover them so when it’s their turn, they’ll be covered too.

2. The player is responsible for communicating in chat or pm on the forum to let us know if they’re having issues with the minimum. There’s 50 people in the guild from all over the world...i’m not an effin’ mindreader! If u can’t be bothered telling me what is going on that uv failed for 2 weeks then i can’t be bothered keeping u around.... BUT, if folk are on vacation or just whatever, but communicate, that’s totally different...

Sometimes good players step down because of work or something & i fully respect those guys & sure it’s a bit awkward & sad BUT... if u want to have mythical guaranteed every week people have to be there to earn it.

The alliance is a vehicle to get u to the mythical ship... if ur minimum is any less than 864 then ur driving a 1984 toyota corolla.... i’d prefer to be in the Ferrari, thanks!

Veronan

Not sure how I feel about naming and shaming, is there a consensus on posting about specific users?

As a side question, what is the trigger for rewards being made available? Do I have to wait until the new season starts before adding members to the alliance if I don’t want them to share in the already achieved rewards, or is the trigger the message received saying rewards are available?
Yeah, naming a touchy thing. A lot subject to interpretation. The ones that join your alliance only to try and poach players to another alliance, those I may name and alliance doing it. That's just dirty play.
Rewards are triggered at the same time every week. For me it is 7PM on Sundays CST (USA). All current members at that time are awarded. Anyone added after the trigger are on for the following week of quests.
Anyone booted out before trigger time, gets nothing. That's how you cure a camper.
FYI there is a countdown timer on the lower right hand corner of the quest screen (Eastgate Island)

Last

I just had my first Camper. He joined jesterday, and after 24 hours still no word in the chat or point in the alliance quest. So i kicked him out again.

Perhaps we need a Blacklist with Names and Numbers: Hulk 3.866 Points

Veronan

I just had my first Camper. He joined jesterday, and after 24 hours still no word in the chat or point in the alliance quest. So i kicked him out again.

Perhaps we need a Blacklist with Names and Numbers: Hulk 3.866 Points
Have to be fair. Summer for the northern hemisphere and a lot doing vacations and family stuff. You can let a camper ride till right before reward time. Watch his AP score. If it is going up but not helping alliance... gone! Some try that " I'll score a few points and slide by" 6 days and you score under 100pts....gone! You start seeing the signs

Last

Nope.

Because of summer, vacation and stuff like that my long-term members are already less active than some weeks before. When we still want to get the mythical ship every week i have to put higher standards on new members. And when a new member is not able to post a single word within 24 hours after his invitation, we are definetly not the right alliance for him.

As i wrote above: "New Members will be kicked immediately when they don't contribute". 24 hours is long enough for "immediately".