Alliance Campers. (New Players read this thread)

konnerkapono

I welcomed him and left a message stating quest expectations but still no points scored so I’m going to monitor tomorrow, if he still contributes Redtube Beeg Spankbang nothing I will be kicking him just before the season ends. Revenge is a dish best served cold

Last edited:

EvilKnightD

I welcomed him and left a message stating quest expectations but still no points scored so I’m going to monitor tomorrow, if he still contributes nothing I will be kicking him just before the season ends. Revenge is a dish best served cold
What I find wierd is to manage not to see the quests.
I mean weirdly 3 units (or less if you're lucky) have golden highlights and an exclamation mark when I select my units before a fight... wonder what it could be?
Any normal person would either find the answer on it's own (it is soooo well hidden) or just on internet...

Veronan

What I find wierd is to manage not to see the quests.
I mean weirdly 3 units (or less if you're lucky) have golden highlights and an exclamation mark when I select my units before a fight... wonder what it could be?
Any normal person would either find the answer on it's own (it is soooo well hidden) or just on internet...
Well if they would just ask in chat for help. Or in forum... good lord, no shame in asking for help but we can't get people to speak up till too late. I asked tons of questions in my first alliance. Everyone was very helpful. Im sure I tried some patience with my game ignorance but was never told to go away

Arcturus

We had this happen once last week. Player joined early on day 6, got reward later that day, left right after they collected their reward. Never said a word in chat. We actually missed Mythical by 1000 measly quest points that week, so we weren't sure if they were just disappointed and left for that reason. But after reading this thread, I am guessing they were a camper. They were probably disappointed about not getting Mythical! ;) We went back to joining by application this week! (We also got a Mythical Ship so that was a tiny bit of justice in a way!)

We do have minimum of 360 QP per week. You get one week as a freebie and then get warned. Two weeks at less than 360 and you're probably gone! However, if you communicate and tell us you'll be gone, for whatever reason, then it's all cool. We give trusted long-time allies more leeway of course. For the most part this has been enough. We know people have lives outside this game and now, where most of our members live, it is summertime so we expect less questing overall... which has certainly proven true. But we have an active and engaging chat, so if you're not producing with quests AND you don't communicate... you'll be gone!

I understand some alliances are for hardcore active players and that's fine. Our is a bit more laid back but for our alliance it isn't just about the reward ship level either, it's about the community. I would rather have a great community of players and get Legendary every week than be super-strict or overly disciplinary while getting Mythical. So far I'd say we're doing okay as we've made Mythical 2 out of every 3 weeks so far and when we did get Legendary... it was a narrow miss! Keep on questing and most importantly have fun!

Wiley

While there are numerous alliances and widely varying management styles, I’ve found having set rules in place prevents a number of problems, including camping. Before reading this thread I was going to suggest a list of known “problem” players, and yes, I understand that can be subjective and at times even just wrong if you have a poor leader/player adding names for nefarious reasons. A couple others here have either straight suggested this, or thought it was a good idea. You can add my name to the list supporting it, and I’d do everything possible to keep from adding a name, only doing it as a last resort to try to help other leaders avoid problems.

We’ve had no campers and even if they planned to, I kick them before knowing they are. Our alliance has three set rules I widely advertise while recruiting and I also announce them to every new member when welcoming them. Those rules easily prevent camping also, but outside those are my own generally unannounced criteria for adding and removing members. #1 is 30 or fewer quest points on first day in the alliance and they are gone. There is an initial greeting stating the rules, a message after about 12 hours if no or very little activity and finally a warning that 30 or less points first day is a ticket out. #2 is I don’t add new members after Day 5 starts.

Only happened twice in 14 weeks of questing, neither would respond to messages. Both or neither may have been campers, but I’ll never know.

A bunch of different alliances with a bunch of different rules and leadership styles is a great way to see what works and what doesn’t. 14 or 15 straight weeks Mythical, none even close. Works for us.

Veronan

Establishing and communicating a minimum point line has made all the difference in keeping members participating. And you have to ENFORCE it. We kick all below minimum points before rewards. We do allow kicked members to reapply and show effort on the following week. They score with the team and they stay.

Also, I don't know why you wouldn't want to complete quests. Worth good gold per day and nice total per week. You get 300+500+1000 per day for completion. That's 10,800 gold per 6 day quest week plus all the other gold you get just for doing the battles.

And now that the newest patch has removed diamonds from Brigand Island and upgrade tiles have been reduced at Strongholds, you gonna need all the gold you can get.

Last edited:

Omni

Someone lest make a black list for campers here in forum! So we will know their all names! - if u don’t know yet, you can stay out of alliance all days and enough to join an alliance and collect goodies!

Veronan

Someone lest make a black list for campers here in forum! So we will know their all names! - if u don’t know yet, you can stay out of alliance all days and enough to join an alliance and collect goodies!
A named list is a tricky thing and could be worse than the camper. What if someone being spiteful or vengeful? What if they were sick or lost internet for a while? Or someone just having a bad week? Real life can interfere with you gaming. Better to private message a warning to watch someone. It is best for alliance leadership to state expectations, enforce them, and his alliance members should be backing him/her up. It is a team effort.

Reactions: Jin

Veronan

Ooh, thats lovely I especially admire the top with the angled radio dial and LEDs. Its like some kind of control panel from the first Star Wars movie.

Uh... what!?!? Lost me on that comment. Help me out and explain how that relates to campers.

Eddie1977

We suffer it regularly, people join no chat and massive armies then put little or nothing into the pot. I've also noticed it always seems to be the same people at the bottom of the table but there's like 30 or so that are 1080 players and the rest good scoring. The frustration is when a beginner comes into our group and smashes it out every day with small armies but people with crazy army numbers don't put the same effort in

Grendel

In the Wise Monkeys, we have this problem intermittently. It is usually a moderately high AP player. They join, don’t get with the fantastic team spirit we have going here, don't do any dailies and get booted out before the end of the week without a reward. Their loss. We can carry a camper for a few days as the rest of the guys work so well together we have a decent buffer to ensure gaining a mythical ship every week anyway.

Like some others, I run a spreadsheet to track everyone’s performance each week. Dailies quest points to see trends and to be able to congratulate players who achieve highly. Weekly AP levels to monitor for inactivity and camping. I also keep a list of anyone who gets kicked or leaves so that if they try and rejoin I know how they performed previously. By tracking this information, I don’t need to set a minimum level. Like most here, I recognise the curve balls that Real Life can throw you and so I will always give someone a break if they tell me in advance. Equally, if an established player suddenly falls to complete inactivity I will give them a few weeks in the hope that it’s simply a broken/lost device and that they will return.

I can see why people would like a campers list, but I think the negatives of such a list and it’s likely abuse by some players outweigh the benefits. It’s easy to spot them when they don’t communicate much and don’t do the dailies in the first day or so. Warn them of your alliance rules and then if they still don’t respond, kick them before the mythical ship arrives and they gain nothing.

Instead I prefer to build an excellent team spirit in Wise Monkeys, where we all work together to support each other and gain the Mythical reward for everyone in that team. If someone is struggling, we help them with tips on how to play smarter or how to complete the dailies when you’re short of time, or if they’re simply not able to play for a bit and tell us, then the rest of the team works to ensure we all still get the reward we all deserve, knowing that when that player returns he will do the same for us when it’s our turn for the curve ball.

Last edited:

Veronan

Completing dailies not that tough. I posted some accumulated ideas in the Strategy and Tactics section. I can usually knock out all 3 quest units in under 30 minutes without ever using diamonds for healing. And like I said earlier, good gold in doing dailies.

Ushurak@adventures

Our alliance is very active and gets mythical every week. We have over 35 people making every week the max. We accept private absences but they have to be communicated(not in detail). So we are patient with long contributing alliance members without looking at minimum quest points. Most left the alliance and the game by themself.

New members have to show up. We dont add them after 5 days. If not contributing they are out after communicating it several times. If they have personal reasons they should communicate. My opinion is you should not join an alliance and then go one month on vacation. Join it then afterwards.

Our long term member have earned some breaks too and get the gift for longterm passionate participation. even if they have little breaks. Its not good for the mood of the alliance if all have their gifts and some do nothing for it. We all understand if someone has a well earned break and support it.

Normally the inactive one are not communicative too. So a alliance is nothing for them. But we have very active silent one. Accepted

Last edited:

Ushurak@adventures

New player. Fully max sharded. Low power compared to shards. No participation for three days. Made him aware to be active. No words.

Kicked

Blocked place freed for player who needs shards and help.

Last edited:

Veronan

New player. Fully max sharded. Low power compared to shards. No participation for three days. Made him aware to be active. No words.

Kicked

Blocked place freed for player who needs shards and help.
Power levelers and top rank players don't seem to like participating. Some of my best are very low rank. On quests because they need the gold, shards, and upgrades

Marcus Pitt

I’m not certain on the mechanism, but I believe that a player needs to be a member of the alliance as the clock ticks over onto rewards day for the player to be eligible for the reward. Therefore only 50 players will ever receive the rewards from an alliance. I don’t see how it’s a win-win situation for my alliance to leave a spot open for a player to join on day 6, contribute nothing, claim the reward and then leave?

I am trying to make sure the team works together to achieve mythical status, that requires keeping everyone motivated towards a shared goal. Having an open slot for a freeloader does not help motivate anyone else, in fact it could easily demotivate alliance members.

Veronan

As far as I remember, you can join a guild at any time
and get the ship reward for the last week as long as
you didn't already claim the reward for that week
in an other alliance. So, one alliance for all players
would be sufficient: Any player who want's to contribute
joins the guild, makes his 180 points and then immediately
leaves the guild. 240 players would be sufficient to get
the mythical ship in the first day. Then on next Monday
(or later) everybody can join-and-leave to get the reward.

This game currently is just "login reward". We have
the daily login reward, the 3h login reward and that
would be a weekly login reward.
Nobody joins my alliance just to get a reward and we hit mythical every week now. You don't have the minimum points and I kick you out right before reward triggers. Campers are not tolerated. They kill the moral of an alliance quickly and you can lose good scorers if they see freeloaders getting rewards with no effort.