Alliance Campers. (New Players read this thread)

Ushurak@adventures

Nobody joins my alliance just to get a reward and we hit mythical every week now. You don't have the minimum points and I kick you out right before reward triggers. Campers are not tolerated. They kill the moral of an alliance quickly and you can lose good scorers if they see freeloaders getting rewards with no effort.
Same for us with the difference that we dont have a minimum point but allow communicated freeroom which is seldom used. Player mostly leave by themselve but then leave WOA too. The other one which join without participation are fast kicked without bad feelings

Marcus Pitt

As far as I remember, you can join a guild at any time
and get the ship reward for the last week as long as
you didn't already claim the reward for that week
in an other alliance. So, one alliance for all players
would be sufficient: Any player who want's to contribute
joins the guild, makes his 180 points and then immediately
leaves the guild. 240 players would be sufficient to get
the mythical ship in the first day. Then on next Monday
(or later) everybody can join-and-leave to get the reward.
The implication of this is that a camper could log into multiple alliances and get a reward from each. I don’t believe this is either how the game should work, or in fact is how the game does work.

And why should 40 other gamers run a free rewards alliance for anyone else? Surely, if the rewards are that important to the camper they should just put a little effort in to earn them.

Marcus Pitt

I did miss that bit of your post. But I do not think the reward is linked to a players account, I think it relates to the alliance.

Your idea of grouping multiple alliances and ‘9 weeks off, one week on’ sounds like a nightmare to organise. Who makes sure that players perform in the week they should?

I’d rather keep my alliance at 50 members, all of which contribute to the result. Not at 49 members to allow freeloaders. The issue with campers for me is that when we do have an open slot from people leaving the game, I don’t want someone joining and not participating. It may help them, it does not help the alliance - it’s a win/lose situation.

Ushurak@adventures

As far as I remember, you can join a guild at any time
and get the ship reward for the last week as long as
you didn't already claim the reward for that week
in an other alliance. So, one alliance for all players
would be sufficient: Any player who want's to contribute
joins the guild, makes his 180 points and then immediately
leaves the guild. 240 players would be sufficient to get
the mythical ship in the first day. Then on next Monday
(or later) everybody can join-and-leave to get the reward.

This game currently is just "login reward". We have
the daily login reward, the 3h login reward and that
would be a weekly login reward.
Hi,

You can create an alliance called TakeItEasy where all can participate how they want and sometimes you will get a common ship.

Nothing against player playing less but they should then go their speed. But even then some are spezialized to let the work do by others.

Problematic is more to expect fast progress without playing. Otherwise you can give all full equipment from begin of the game. Dont wish this because then there are other problems maxed player have.

By the way quest can be done in 10 games in 20 minutes. You can even loose ten times. Upgrade with 1 soldier for 20 gold and play immediately.

I find something has to be done to earn the shards. In the current alliance model Candidates of TakeItEasy are then thrown out of by motivated alliances calling them camper or slackers.

By the way we are allowing our members some freeroom because we reach mythical easily. So you are not thrown out making only 1050 points.

We try to grow together. We only expect participitation and decide together who to release but give hints to change or leave

Last edited:

Veronan

I hate kicking people out, but my team hits mythical every week and i will not cheapen their efforts by people not contributing or at least communicating why they are going to be short on points for the week. And if you are short one week and let us know in chat why, we let it slide. You better step it up the following week thou. The alliance is watching.

Veronan

Example: this week I let a new person in for our next mythical run (gonna hit it too). Sat there for over 3 days. Never scored a quest point, never said a word in chat, and AP points going up. Kicked out last night. Actually had the balls to reapply for membership today. Good Lord!

That my friends is a pure definition of a "Camper"

BlueRuby

This alliance quest dynamic is the main reason I left the game a while ago.
Whilst these quests do give alliance members something to work towards, for the benefit of all, something else is happening: something harder; harsher, even.

There are those out there who wish to exploit the system. I don’t like this either.
However, there are also a great many, who simply wish to enjoy the game at their own pace, in their own way. Some may want to chat, some may not. Some may want to plug away for maximum benefits, some are content with far less. To each their own.

We might say ‘well, this is fine, but in my alliance, I expect...or else they get booted!’
I’ll just suggest that is mostly fine. But please remember these are mostly real people, who are also trying to find their way in the game, you’re talking about. Please be considerate.

I have loved the community, support and cooperation in this game.
I dislike the disregard for others I have witnessed, particularly since quests came out.

@Arcturus , I liked your attitude particularly. Maybe I’ll pay you a visit sometime, should you have spaces?

Madarick

I left my current alliance for a couple of weeks. I joined a different alliance as a test. When I realized that the new group's goals didn't line up with my goals, I left & went back to my original alliance.

BlueRuby

Thanks for offer, Cire, but decided to go with the newer alliance: bit of a sucker for the underdog!
Wish you all the best and hope to chat again before too long :)

BlueRuby

Aha, this spam-type alive and well still, i see.
Re-hashing a previous comment to edit later with some spam link...

Veronan

I think we all have lives and can’t always commit to play every single day. I know I’ve traveled several times where I just don’t have reliable internet access to play daily and so I’m somewhat sympathetic to players that don’t show up every day; I’m more interested in uncovering players that rarely or almost never show up. I do like the idea of skewing the award based on the individual players contribution.
Agreed. Just let your team know. I'm travelling next week, vacation, wife is angry I game too much, etc.

BlueRuby

snow jhon is a spam account. Dax said the exact same on page 1.
sure enough, it’s been edited to include something i don’t want to press

Arcturus

We have had 'rejoiners' a couple of times. Inactive, got kicked, rejoined a day later! Our leader told them why they were kicked and told them to stay active. They didn't! They got kicked again. We've had a number of likely leeches over the past few months as well.

I do think it's the case that a lot of players don't even read the chat after joining. We have had a number that never said a word- ever. Would prefer they did, but I understand some players just really want to chat. But the way our alliance runs it, you are on probation the first week. Not enough activity and no chat = kicked out. Not enough activity and some chat = continue probation the next week. You don't HAVE to chat, but if you don't... you better keep producing on the quests at least. My personal view- if you can't even be bothered to say 'Hi' after joining, you obviously don't give a crap about the social aspects of the game.

Ushurak@adventures

There are people not talking but doing their job. Thats their way i accept. But in minimum i expect for longer absences a notification bit not for single missed days or points. Most diffucult are gamers exiting game without word. Happilly most of our retired members even go by themself when they feel to exit the game.

New gamers have less bonus. I kick them earlier. Older allince member have more bonus. We give all players free time but we can not held inactive one over month even not well earned. Most of them reduce the chat and participate rarely.

A difficult case are maxed players seldom log in make 30 points and disappear for two weeks. I had to release them but they are welcome to rejoin if WOA decide to bring feature they regain their passion.

Release of inactive players is for me necessary because all need free time. This places can not be reserved always by the same people and we have all important private things to do.

Our previous leader has a good feeling to handle all in a fair way. I try to keep his way furter.

My opinion is that you can not exchange every season half of the alliance if they are weakening. Until now it works and we get mythical every week.

Mourioche

I'm new at this game (lvl 8), not created alliance yet in this game ; perhaps i will do, but i lead in two others games.

I try to know regulars players; knowing for example if one is on hollyday, or has broken his phone; and ask to others if suddenly it stop playing. For some players i have a link by other mean than the chat in game (WhatsApp, know him in orher game, know an other player that know him IRL..).

I kick players who miss to 'team game' too often, but i adapt this to the player, and i'm very more 'cool' with old or known members.

I do not kick for revange or such reason, but for the other players who do not want to have their efforts in the game ruined by tourists.. For me, it is 'my job' to keep the group or team 'alive'.

Kick is also adapted with calendar: i know that summer hollyday is a period where some players can lose their connexion. Examens period for students too ...

Also, i try as possible to keep 'players groups'. In one game i know that there are players who know each other in real life. Group friends, or from the same family.

Last edited:

Stevenyoung

Our alliance has people join then just don't participate. We try to engage them in chat to help. I know they are playing as you can see their units advancing in level, troop count, and stars. And they sit at 0 points for alliance. A parasite looking for rewards with no effort. This week we left some to see if they would jump back in and help. Not a single point. Heck you can accidently score a few points just playing.

Kicking them out is only alternative at the moment. We need a way to apply rewards based on parcipation during quest week.

Anyone else see this happen? How do you handle it?
Kick with less then 540