New idea Alliance Leader Announcements

Arcturus

Within the current chat-function, in an alliance with a lot of chat going-on, it can be difficult for any alliance-wide announcements to be made by the alliance leader. A player in our alliance (not me) suggested that there should be a way for the Alliance Leader to leave a message that will automatically pop-up (literally, like the messages the Devs sometimes do) on all alliance members' games so they will for sure see it the next time they sign into the game. I don't know how difficult this would be for the Devs to add or how much other alliances would use it, but I know ours would. Anyone else think it would be worthwhile?

Valery

generally, the good idea is to highlight message of the leader.
But there is no sign of message when you enter the game(! sign). So some people ignores messages because they do not see it.
The second problem of the chat is that there are no option to copy messages or its part. And there is no option to chat with other people who has left or send dirrect message.

Tripszy

Would be great to have an internal noticeboard for each alliance. Saves us having to develop our own forums (which we did in our alliance). There we posted our alliance rules and people state when they are going to be away so they don’t get kicked if they don’t contribute 200 alliance points per week.

Just a simple noticeboard would do - no images so should save on server space.

Last edited:

Arcturus

Yeah, it's a pain using an outside app for communication, and you have try to get everyone to join which I imagine is also a pain. We are debating it but I don't know if it is even worth the hassle. If people don't try to communicate, read chat posts, or ask what is what every now and then... they probably won't bother joining an outside chat group either.

For those who have done so... is it working out well? Please let me know if you think it is worth trying to do, thanks.

Primer

WLI has several members who tried to start a Discord channel. The problem is most of us are not the live action “gamers” that would enjoy something like that.

WoA is a turn based strategy game. At least that is the search I used when finding it 3 years ago.

I won’t try to predict what the majority want, but I just want a game I can play on my own schedule, that offers some strategy or puzzle solving ability. I have no interest in an off-game forum.

Primer

But I will gladly read every single post in the game forum. And share whatever strategies and tactics we have figured out over the years.