1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

New idea Alliance suggestions & possible bugs

Discussion in 'Ideas & Suggestions' started by Victorash, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Victorash

Victorash Active Member

These are suggestions to improve what it already introduced. So I didn’t put suggestions like - give a big boss to fight together or organize tournaments between alliances

1 - After you applied for an alliance would be nice to see the pending sign somewhere. For now after you applied for an alliance you can reapply and reapply to the same alliance infinitely till I’ll be accepted. This doesn’t seem right. At least for the 24 hours period, till the application expires you should be able to keep applying for the same alliance

2 - If you are accepted into an alliance while you are not in the game you won’t automatically get the the acceptance message when you reenter the game. A message appears in the battle log and tou have to tap on it to see the message and the animation. Would be nice to get this automatically when you reenter the game. Mayne this is because of ghe refresh bug.

3 - Also it would be nice to see top 100 alliances leaderboars even if you are not part of an alliance. Because then you know what you can join before you join it - especially useful for alliances that require request and approval

4 - would be nice to have a bigger place in the alliance loby to write some rules, guidelines and standards for the Alliance

5 - option for chat history bigger than 30 messages. Probably useful also to mark the unread messages differently so that you would know from where you have to read again

6 - introuduce the option for group moderator to help the group admin. Useful for different timezones

7 - in the chat it appears the message that some players left but they are still listed in the Alliance. This could happen when a player actually didn’t left the alliance, but the message announce it or could be a lag between leaving and updating the new list. Would be nice to check what really happens.

8 - online/offline list of members - green dot for online and red dot for offline (inspired by @Marc Engle post)

9 - the possibility to open weblinks from within the alliance chat

10 - don’t know about what the admin features are and what can be improved. If they have kick, ban option and others

11 - make the option that the admin can invite a player to join the alliance from within the game (inspired by @Spiderman post)

Please tell me if you consider something a bug and if I have to repost it as a separate ticket. Point 1, 2 and 7 seem like small bugs from my point of view.

SaltyBigBeavis, Bruthor, Jin and 6 others like this.
  2. Zancudo

Zancudo Active Member

Thanks Victorash, my english is too bad to write a large text. There are many good ideas in your post.

3. SaltyBigBeavis

SaltyBigBeavis New Member

Great post Victorash. A lot of good ideas. I have a few to add.

12 - adding a co-leader, and/or a few (3-5 max) officers with admin privileges would be helpful. If using a co-leader system, both leaders could have equal admin privileges. Leader would be renamed “co-leader” as well. If using a multiple admin system, allow the leader the ability to designate the subordinates and only the leader the ability to transfer leadership.

13 - allow/enable the use of emojis in the chat. (Maybe it’s only on my device and they do work. Not sure.)

14 - add a saved message line to the chat room. The leader(s) of the Alliance would have access to this feature to post a topic, rule, etc for the group to read that would not get erased by the scrolling chat. This feature would be editable by those with admin privileges only. It would be a great addition to #4 above as well.

15 - customized avatars for Alliances. Probably won’t happen. This may be difficult as it requires the ability to upload photos by users to the game. Thought I’d throw it out there anyway.

Thanks for the read. ✌️

TR3CK3R, Jesper, Jin and 1 other person like this.
  4. Victorash

Victorash Active Member

@Jin - the idea of posting so many suggestions is for them to pick 1-2 that they like. I think that they know how to filter. I posted in the past a thread with many in game suggestions. From about 20 suggestions only 3 or 4 were implemented and that is ok.
    I don’t understand how you got the idea from my post that those would be urgent needed changes and also that there is no constructive criticism. In my post here was no criticism, only suggestions. Constructive criticism will come later after I come back from holyday, under the form of bug reports. I already have around 5 bug reports, but I need to upload screenshots.

5. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

I beg your pardon, @Victorash. I didn't imply in anyway that your or anyone else ideas and suggestions are urgent changes needed. What I'm saying is that we've to be patient to wait for those ideas and suggestions to 'filter' through to InnoGames naturally. I'm suggesting constructive criticism be given and NOT that you didn't give constructive criticism. Looks like I've put my big foot in my big mouth again.:D:D I did say that all the ideas and suggestions are fabulous and also liking your post.:D:D

6. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for pointing out the mistake of a senile old man.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    Anton Amby likes this.
  7. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

In the interest of not causing anymore confusion, I've deleted the offending post. Sorry if I caused anybody any grievance.

8. Victorash

Victorash Active Member

That’s ok. i just wanted to stress you :D

Guru and Jin like this.
  9. Victorash

Victorash Active Member

after a discussion at the WoA facebook page and considering the admin's idea I post here another suggestion - inspired by our WLI Alliance ingame discussion.
    So my suggestion is to add the possibility to trade/exchange items (armors, weapons, banners, shards, potions, upgrades) and resources (gold, war coins, diamonds) among ourselves (the alliance members)

Jesper, Jin and Zancudo like this.
  10. Hopps

Hopps Active Member

We have had the same discussion several times on our alliance chat.

What good is an alliance if you can't help each other out.

11. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Active Member

The trading would have to have some sort of limit though wouldn't it? I could see someone setting up an alliance of their own alts to accelerate the progression of their main account.

NoName likes this.
  12. Hopps

Hopps Active Member

Maybe trades of equal value only.

No gifting.

Limit number of trades.

13. Victorash

Victorash Active Member

there is always a limit between getting some help and ruining the game experience. Because if you get everything for free and no work, that's no fun in my opinion

NoName likes this.
  14. Hopps

Hopps Active Member

You are probably right about ruining the experience.

Maybe they can have a season calculation for each alliance, top 100 each month. Rank the alliances for each season.

15. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Active Member

It goes a bit deeper than that though. If it was possible to trade diamonds the first thing competitive players will do is setup an alliance of alts and farm trivial BI every day while gifting the diamonds to a main account which can then use those diamonds in PvP for RR. That's easily 10 free RR per day for a main account.

Even if you couldn't trade diamonds and you could trade other things that are worth gold you could then convert gold into diamonds. The only way I'd see trading be viable is if only upgrades/gear can be traded and once traded those things have zero sell value.

NoName and BlackAdder666 like this.
  16. Victorash

Victorash Active Member

it's quite hard to have multiple accounts. because you need multiple devices with different accounts than your main. For example I have an iphone and an ipad, but they synchronize with the same account (with game center). the same goes for Android users. You would need to get another device with a different account - like your brother's, your wife's etc. This is difficult and limited to 2-3 account maximum (if you use a PC emulator also, but I didn't try that) and the reward is not that much in the end. It's easier to use that time instead, make some money and buy the diamonds if you really want them

Jin and NoName like this.
  17. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Active Member

If it was personally rewarding enough to someone I'm sure they could do it. I have a few rough ideas on how I'd accomplish if I wanted to and it probably wouldn't be too much work. One thing I can guarantee you though is that if there's something like this possible and it's an online video game there will be people who will do it.

18. Victorash

Victorash Active Member

I've been playing another game lately (won't give the name here) - no, I'm not deserting WoA :) and I've seen some Guild features that I liked and I wanted to write them here, maybe will be some inspiration for future Alliance updates. Of course I'll modify the idea here according to the game feature, because in that game the battles were more or less auto and for some of them the results were calculated by the AI and you receive directly the reward

So
    1. The implementation of a big boss with huge amount of hit points. Everyone can challenge the Boss (usually a dragon) till the players lose all the 5 units in the party, but the damage is added and when the boss is dead everybody that participated gets a reward (can be according to the damage dealt or fixed). the boss will refresh its hit points every 24 hours, so you have to kill it in that time. After you kill it, you'll get next level boss. If you don't kill it, it will refresh back his life. You have only several tries per 24 hours. they also reset with the boss.

2. A simple version of the Boss is to have a Boss that can be killed in one battle by an alliance of 2-3 players. you have a lobby and invite other players. than you challenge the Boss. so you have to have bigger maps in order to be able to have 3x5 units and also the Boss. Players move in the order they decided in the lobby. At the end they get the loot, then to the next boss.

3. Battles between Guilds
    - after a certain total AP per Guild (lets say 500k) you are permitted as a Guild to participate to a Championship that is held once per week
    - the leader of the guild has to sign up for the event and then players from the alliance have to subscribe to the event - in this way only active players will participate
    - after the sign up period ends the battle will start - it will be for 3-5 days for example and players are matched to battle each other. if you win you get another match. if you lose the journey ends for you
    - you are able to choose your party before every battle, but you won't know the other player's formation
    - the matching is done according to your T5AP and you can get opponents in a range of +/- 1000 or 2000 AP so that will be no more than what you will get for a 4S normal PvP
    - then you have a period of a few hours to respond to your challenge, if not another matchings will be made
    - during the battle you also have limited time to respond like your total turn can not be more than 1-2 minutes
    - Disconnection = loss
    - with every win you get points for your Guild. The points you get raise with the difficulty of the battle – So if you encounter a 4S opponent you’ll get the biggest rewards
    - optionally a loss can take some points from the Guild
    - at the end of the Season all the points are added and the Guild that has the most points will win a rewards for all the participants. Of course we can have a Season Leaderboards – top 100 guilds

4. Special shop that can be accessed only in the Guild
    - for this you can introduce a 4th currency (for example Honor Coins) – and you’ll get that currency only if you participate to the Tournaments and the Guild related tasks.

5. Donate to the Alliance feature
    Every day every alliance member can pay a fee to the Alliance – that fee brings experience to raise some Guild features (per level) like:
    - add more players to the guild
    - daily resource income – you get a daily amount of gold from the guild
    - raise the discount for the special guild shop
    - reduce cool down timer for your units (during the guild battles or overall)
    - raise abilities to your units – for example +1-5% offense to your unit, or raise the Critical Hit
    - reduce the forge time
    And so on

BlackAdder666 and Zancudo like this.
  19. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

You come up with a lot of considered and well-reasoned posts as always, Victorash. I particularly like no. 2.

In response to your no. 3 suggestion that top warlords/alliances play top warlords/alliances (Matched up within certain T5AP perameters), I notice I prefer the possibility that any warlord can battle any warlord, based upon an army points system. Perhaps the AP level of warlords can be displayed so top Warlords can choose which challenges to accept, the rewards scaled to the power balance between them.

I guess that comes from the notion I have that, given an equally balanced army, I could give the top warlords a run for their money, for I’ll bet I’ve played longer and more than many in the top 100. I notice I’d like the chance to be able to try.

I could alter my approach to this game, following your focus on a high T5AP, but I don’t really want to...but my lower army And T5AP doesn’t necessarily mean I couldn’t kick top-brass ass.

Heh, feeling challenging today! And, as one psychotherapist to another, I’m noticing again a part of my make-up as the power-balancing crusader!

...think I should wear a mask and cape...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    BlackAdder666 likes this.
  20. Victorash

Victorash Active Member

I guess no 2 would be the most fun as you really could do a co-op mission
    Assembling an army based on fixed points and then fight, it was an idea discussed on the forum. It is a possibility for sure. It depends what the devs prefer.
    Here will be forever a discussion - who would have to win - a more strategic player, a player that played more and have better army or both? I guess everything counts and can be rewarded.
    For now the only inconvenient for real time PvP was stated to be the low number of players. But for me it doesn’t seem that low, so who know what the near future will bring

A psychotherapist, nice. Hard job, but with a lot of satisfaction seeing how people transform