Alliances becomes lame ducks

Ushurak@adventures

I have the impression that alliances are a kind of lame ducks. If i look at the forum i see that a lot of alliance have a lot of problems to hire people. It seems that no one is really keen to join a good alliance. But why is it like this? It should be that people wants to be in a good alliance and not the other way that alliances have to make handstands for days to get members.

What I have seen is that the communication went down. Only 10 percent are really using it. At the beginning it was very active. Now its more like this:

A: "Is there something new in WOA?"
B: "No. Not really"
A: "lets go back in our crypto sleep"

Why have quests not have something special you can only have in alliances. Like special maps. Special fights. Where you have to discuss together to get the solution. Something like the cracking nut of the day. Where perhaps you also can compare to other alliances. Special things you can only get there.

A possibility would be a map editor. You can use by players to give such cracking nuts for others to solve.

Benji

I believe high level players are happy where they are and dont switch alliances that often. And newbies probably dont visit forum at all so they dont see the ads.
Thats why I put the alliance to open, at least it attracts lower level players so we dont run empty

Primer

I can’t speak for other Alliances, but WLI has a lot of max level players who are completely bored at this point. Approximately 30 of our 50 members are 5 Star Level 23. Some of them are forging gear, but for the most part they are just waiting for new content.

Fortunately most of them do daily Quests in order to help the other members get the Mythical Ship rewards and earn those shards. I monitor participation, but do not set minimum requirements. As a result, we have missed Mythical several times recently.

I try to walk a fine line between keeping long time Vets around for the hope future content will make strong armies useful, and keeping enough participation to get Mythical most of the time. This takes an infusion of new blood once in a while. I definitely give more leeway to original WLI members than those who have joined after Quests started. I am concerned that not getting Mythical may cause newer players to choose to go to another Alliance, but I have communicated with other founding members of WLI and we have decided keeping our ranking in the Leaderboard is a bigger goal than Mythical every week. Only a 5 shard/200 gold difference between Mythical and Legendary ships which isn’t huge at this point.

Most of our openings have been due to players voluntarily stopping the game due to one reason or another (boredom being most frequent cause given).

Imam

Im agree with u @Ushurak@adventures. For me comunication in alliance chat is the most factor to keep me in that alliance. I have move several times in some alliance and its because no activity there (in chat and sometimes also in quest participation).

I like comunicating to each others around the world and for me that is the purpose to making the alliance. From some alliance i have visited its like low level aliance is more fun than the high level. And its because they still enthusiastic with their journey growth.

Im also have sugested several time in tactic and strategies to make alliance quest need to develop more with some various task or something else,to make the alliance will still alive.

Alliance is like family in game it will make us love the game and keep staying even if we has maxed out. But it needs triger to become like that. And the triger have been given by the devs atm seem not strong enough to make this alliance feature grow up

Eddie1977

I like our alliance and have a good group of core scorers. Say about 30ish all doing 1080, what is frightening and frustrating is the amount of players that do as little as possible. You can hammer the tasks in about 25mins so it's confusing they struggle for time

Ushurak@adventures

The reason why i wrote this is that i saw a cool down of chating and participation in my alliane, but according to the recruitment i saw similar problems at other alliances. As WLI we have maxed player but the time new chalanging new things came was long ago. I have made factions within a day except xhataka were we were blocked. To motivate me i set sone targets as really maxed. Dight every pvp for top ten with what i get.

As eddie said not all is worse. We have about 40 players really taking part for myrhical every week. Alliance should make tasks and gifts you can only get there. This is mostly to motivate addicted high level players from 30k to 60k to stay.

Omni

Devs should add and option to do more quests with diamonds for more points, for cover each other’s, many small alliances simply giving up without progress

Marcus Pitt

Our chat is fairly active and we don’t have many complaints, but then even our highest ranked players still need shards so we all have something to play for. We dropped 5 players last week, they all seemed to quit at the same time, and have only found 3 replacements so I agree that we seem to have reached saturation point now. Alliance for us though is a great thing, we get to share tips and tactics, provide encouragement and reap rewards. Interestingly after losing 5 members we had our earliest mythical level achieved in quite a while, the alliance members saw we were going to struggle and stepped up which was amazing.

Ushurak@adventures

Our high level players more than 50k are either full engaged or in cryphto sleep mode until something new released. The middle player atre overall active. But some of the low level players do not really contribute after a few weeks. Even if they need it most. We allow all free time but it has to be communicated.

Imam

My concern about alliance is more about the cooperation and comunication. For now alliance just functioning as the place to getting shard and the AP ranking only. It can be done without comunication at all. Just do ur daily task and it doesnt need tactics and cooperation with the others in alliance to finish that daily task.

The simply question in alliance chat usually is around "please do ur daily quest". Personaly, i want more activity than that in our chat. I want more passion from each players in our alliance. And for me the passion will coming from the competition.

I want players can be proud for being a member of some alliance. In the future i realy hope the ranking list of the alliance is not just about the number of AP, but based on the activity and competition. For me nothing so usefull from just AP list like now. What benefit we get from being alliance with highest AP ?

I also want players can be more passionate with the game when in an alliance with have some feature to help all member. Maybe some trading to the others in that alliance.

Last edited:

Ushurak@adventures

Hey Iman your now worthy to be a 5v6 opponent! 196 trophys, forgot to take the AP
Yes gives me now 192 3s fights instead of 191. No i let you now more pass my pvp's. Lol

@Imam. Yes you are right. Alliances should be used for communication about how to master certain difficulties and also they should have a competitive component to other alliances. I would have a lot of things to share on markets

Last edited:

Jin

Let's face it, main use and for some the ONLY use of Alliance is the Alliance Ship. "DO YOUR QUEST" is the most used phrase in alliances that I've visited in my second account (present alliance Jin2 in is excluded).

I remember joining an alliance and was "warned" that if I don't do my quest I'll be kick out even after I offer to share my experiences. Most are not interested in the mechanics of WoA but getting those 30 shards and yet I don't see how they make use of those 30 shards??!!

Another alliance I joined has all warlords with less than 1k AP. I said in chat: "Wow! Lots of WoA newbies to influence, where do I start?" The answer came back as: "Start with quest." I said to myself: "REALLY!!??. A warlord with 17k+ AP and 450k+ trophies joined your alliance and you are not the least bit curious how I manage that??!!"

The 30 shining shards have misled a lot of warlords into thinking that's the main game of WoA. After 10 Quest seasons, it finally dawned on them that Quest Battles are extremely boring. BI battles are static, it's the same set up every time. The first 6 levels of Domesticar are too easy because you can bring a weak regiment as "tag along". A lot of them will just leave because they don't know the main game is still PvP.

Both strongholds do have interesting battles but I do find them a bit static because of lack of regiments variety and map selection. I know that I've faced all 24 regiments in AI army combo in Jin2 PvP. That for me is the dynamic of PvP. I look forward to facing different combo on different maps and it's one of the reason I'm still warlording. I do feel that Quest Battles are "chores" I need to do. I've zero interest in them.

Last edited:

Ushurak@adventures

I find quest battles could be combined with pvp where you than have to use regiments you are not as used or which are hard to play. I made it yet several times and its a kind of enhanced exercise. Why not give +1 points for every used quest unit in pvp. Using less units could also give extra points to go to a skill based pvp

Last edited: