Ancient Maps Warlord maps from waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back

Anton Amby

Where are the maps from, who made them, why do they exist and why are they not part of the game? :D
They're really old (think they're from back before they decided on how the game should look - their date says 2014), they were made by a artist called Jurgen Miersch - I don't think he made anything else for the game.
Why they didn't include them in the final game is still a mystery to me, because they look pretty good (as someone who's studying 3D it's just even cooler) :D

I still wish we would get these in the game: https://forum.warlordsofaternum.com/index.php?threads/im-so-happy-that-this-game-is-being-worked-on-again-d.39/
But it seems like the devs have their own plans for the future (which sounds good too) :p

Gottspieler

Thanks for the link! I didn't know that so much cool stuff was planned for the game! I started playing when Innogames took over the game because from others of their games I know how much effort they put into them, especially into listening to their community and I really love this aspect of their work. I'm very excited to get to experience the future of this game :rolleyes:

Bruthor

Lead Community Manager
Staff member
This level of detail would completely break the game performance and would also exclude a lot of devices from running the game. These are high-res concepts from a long time ago. Maps are now generated with an editor using all available in-game assets. The game designers basically create them and can test them in real time as they do so.

Anton Amby

This level of detail would completely break the game performance and would also exclude a lot of devices from running the game. These are high-res concepts from a long time ago. Maps are now generated with an editor using all available in-game assets. The game designers basically create them and can test them in real time as they do so.
Well I guess that explains it (they do look cool though) :D
Just curious, what programs did you use for creating the game? (Sorry if it's secret, I'm studying 3D atm so I find stuff like that really fun) :p

Bruthor

Lead Community Manager
Staff member
I have no idea what Wooga used to create their 3D assets. We usually use 3ds Max and Maya.

Anton Amby

I have no idea what Wooga used to create their 3D assets. We usually use 3ds Max and Maya.
Ok thanks ^^
I'm currently learning 3ds Max so it's kind of cool to see what people are doing with it and what other programs they're using :p

Last edited: