1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Ancient Maps Warlord maps from waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Anton Amby, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Just thought I'd share them as I found the cool-looking:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jesper, Lesterio and BlackAdder666 like this.
  2. Gottspieler

Gottspieler Active Member

Woow, these maps look amazing!!:eek: What's the background?

BlackAdder666 likes this.
  3. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Yea, they really do. (some of the other old stuff that didn't make it or we just didn't see yet is really cool too) :) What background? :p

4. Gottspieler

Where are the maps from, who made them, why do they exist and why are they not part of the game? :D

5. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    They're really old (think they're from back before they decided on how the game should look - their date says 2014), they were made by a artist called Jurgen Miersch - I don't think he made anything else for the game.
    Why they didn't include them in the final game is still a mystery to me, because they look pretty good (as someone who's studying 3D it's just even cooler) :D

I still wish we would get these in the game: https://forum.warlordsofaternum.com...that-this-game-is-being-worked-on-again-d.39/
    But it seems like the devs have their own plans for the future (which sounds good too) :p

Jesper and Gottspieler like this.
  6. Gottspieler

Thanks for the link! I didn't know that so much cool stuff was planned for the game! I started playing when Innogames took over the game because from others of their games I know how much effort they put into them, especially into listening to their community and I really love this aspect of their work. I'm very excited to get to experience the future of this game :rolleyes:

7. Bruthor

Bruthor Lead Community Manager Staff Member

This level of detail would completely break the game performance and would also exclude a lot of devices from running the game. These are high-res concepts from a long time ago. Maps are now generated with an editor using all available in-game assets. The game designers basically create them and can test them in real time as they do so.

Jesper and Anton Amby like this.
  8. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Well I guess that explains it (they do look cool though) :D
    Just curious, what programs did you use for creating the game? (Sorry if it's secret, I'm studying 3D atm so I find stuff like that really fun) :p

9. Bruthor

Bruthor Lead Community Manager Staff Member

I have no idea what Wooga used to create their 3D assets. We usually use 3ds Max and Maya.

10. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Ok thanks ^^
    I'm currently learning 3ds Max so it's kind of cool to see what people are doing with it and what other programs they're using :p

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  11. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

Current maps look very good compared to other games...