Any chance for 5 mages?

neilftw

I love mages, I would like to try 5 mages combination. Great AoE, healing and ton of damage. Any chance for it?

IdiNaHer

I love mages, I would like to try 5 mages combination. Great AoE, healing and ton of damage. Any chance for it?
After several battles you'll get that it wasn't a good idea. More playable party is 4 mages with one guardian at least. Many roaster's have 1-2 archers. So they will be a big trouble for your mage party. Besides many maps are better for archers, other for Pike's etc. That's why 5mage party is not so useful as you think.

Anton Amby

I don't think that 5 mages sound like a very strong composition for several reasons:
1. Archers are very popular. Almost everyone are running one or two of them. (most common ones are probably CA/LA and GG who are all very powerful)
2. Most of the mages don't have simmilar gameplans - Dark Shamans is a control Mage (you wanna either use his tree for blocking or keep it alive in the middle of the enemy lines), Maiden's Faeries are sustain/healer mages who usually want to be paired with at least 1 tank and then drag the fight out, the starter mages (Savant Mages and Forbidden Mages) want to play defensive (either with tanks or a bunch of RoF's) until their big turn where they can blow several regiments up with their active ability, and Priests of the Eternal Sun are somewhere in the middle - they usually wanna be paired with ''midrange'' regiments that can both soak up and deal damage (think stuff like T'rut)
3. Your composition would be very squishy since Mages don't have a lot of health, and you would probably also run into problems against mounted regiments every now and again since they would have too much mobility for you to get the first move.

Imo 2 mage compositions can be very strong when used correctly and 3 could be optional (if you wanna do a burst comp) but I wouldn't go above that. :D
A good 2 mage composition would be MF + PES + TPB + TB + GG (although this is a bit expensive to build in terms of gold) - This composition would have a bunch of sustain in MF + PES, good range due to GG (who's also just a amazing regiment), strong damage with the 2 mages and a strong frontline in TPB + TB (and TPB + TB also works pretty nicely together since you can use TPB active to prepare TB's active for a almost certain kill)
The 3 mage composition would be FM + SM + PES + LA + CA - This composition is very powerful if it manages to keep itself alive with the RoF's for long enough to charge up the double Lightning Nova, but very weak if it ends up in close combat. (since it's rather squishy and would die very quickly) :p

neilftw

Good points, thanks!
I like your composition suggestion for MF+PES+TB+TPB+GG. How about change GG to LA for RoF? So I can have better control and I don’t need to much gold for it.

Last edited:

Anton Amby

Good points, thanks!
I like your composition suggestion for MF+PES+TB+TPB+GG. How about change GG to LA for RoF? So I can have better control and I don’t need to much gold for it.
That sounds reasonable - The starter Archers are also very good regiments and RoF is one of the best abilities in the game.
Once you're maxed out at 23 you would probably want to build your GG at some point anyway though - GG is imo the second best regiment in the game (I'd only put MF above her), but she is rather expensive so if you're already building a TPB and TB then cutting her out until you reach a stage where gold doesn't feel like a problem anymore is completely fine. :)

Last edited: