1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

ARMOR: Physical vs Magic

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jibberjabber, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Jibberjabber

Jibberjabber Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    Super
    What are oppinion on armor as I enter the middle levels.

I currently value physical > magical at a rough estimate of 3 to 1.

It seems like almost everything other than specifically shaman and mages are physical damage.

Am I correct in this or does it significantly change as I level up?

2. Spiderman

Spiderman Active Member

I'm not sure I understand the question. I *think* you're saying that only Mages and Shaman deal magic-type damage and that is largely true, with the addition of the Desecrated Pike unit (I think) that has a magic damage ability. But it's not available to players yet so you won't face him in PvP, just on the southern continent.

So if that's what you're saying, the answer is (kind of) it depends on who you face and who you can kill first. In PvP, there will almost always be some mage/shaman in the army at higher levels (23) but usually I target them first as they can do a massive amount of damage if they get through. But I can't always get all of them so they'll do some damage. You can gear swap from purely physical to a mix of physical/magical armor but for me, I don't have all of my gear forged for that so I just stick with what I have (the ones that give the highest AP as indicated in the Mythical Armor thread in General).

So if you don't face a lot of mages/shamans at your level, go for physical. If you do and don't kill the mages first, it's probably best to use a mix or stay out of their range.

And if i totally mis-understood what you were trying to say, you'll have to re-state it :)

3. Jibberjabber

Jibberjabber Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    Super
    Yeah that's exactly what I was talking about.

And you answered it. Magic is not as critical

4. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Member

I'm WL lvl 21. I stack physical armour over magical and it works well. That said, this week I hit some PVP facing lots of mages in one battle. I couldn't get past them. So I swapped for magic defense and cut through like butter. I then switched back to physical.

Hackuuna and Primer like this.