1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Battling nekkid

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by Loraykin, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

Here's a tip I haven't found yet in this forum, but I'm sure others employ this strategy... For stronghold battles, I prefer removing most of my regiment's armor (usually just wear green/uncommon, full physical), because it makes the battles shorter and easier.

This sounds a bit counter-intuitive at first, but is logical in the end: Removing armor lowers your army power and makes your stronghold opponents weaker by the same amount. The benefit from this maneuver is that you accentuate the "first strike" advantage you always have. Playing correctly, the human player always attacks first, on every map, because he has the first move and the AI is just not smart enough to stay back and not get into range. If most of your AP is concentrated on attack power rather than defense, the first attack makes even more of a difference, because it's sending a significantly larger percentage of opponents to orc heaven, giving you an even bigger head start. Because the opponent stacks are relatively smaller (as compared to when you turn up in full armor), but you still have the same attack strength, it takes less turns to win, and crushing victories are easier to achieve.

DannyT_79 and Primer like this.
  2. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Good advice for those wishing to maximize Stronghold battles and gold.

You probably get a little less gold each level as this seems based on the total HP of opponents, but on the long run you make up for it by fighting more battles.

Jin likes this.
  3. archie

archie Member

It needs to have some battle records for proving it. I did a lot of tests heavily playing strongholds between 18-22 lvl. I can say that found only one way to significantly decrease stronghold complexity - adding stars and levels into fighting regiments after new spawn. I did tests with undressing regiments, but i didnt notice a huge impact on battles, probably I didnt heavily forge items.

Dezytrius likes this.
  4. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

@archie Maybe you meant this, but the stronghold difficulty is adjusted after each stronghold battle, not only at spawn time.