1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Crit is a problem

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Saedorn, Nov 24, 2018.

1. archie

archie Member

Well, if you have a good guardian with a great armour, you can try to use 3 regiments for SH instead of 5. In this case all earned exps will be shared between those 3 regiments and you get 11M points much faster. I don’t know exact numbers, but it seems to me that 3 regiments earns in twice more than 5.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    Hai and Hackuuna like this.
  2. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Active Member

Unfortunately it has to be one of those SH maps with a choke and usually in those I'll bring along 2 regiments I need to level. By the way, SH maps have enemies with only max 1000 offense so a guard only needs 2000 defense to reduce damage to half. Even my 3* guard wearing level 1 mythical defense armor is a good tank!

archie likes this.
  3. archie

archie Member

I use Nightwatch Breastplates (886/591 for first level), but I cannot get 2000 defense for 3 stars. Probably there is something better, right?

4. Hai

Hai Active Member

"you never crit when i need it, and you always crit when it would have been died by normal attack as well".

it leads to force close app/restart
    which time consuming and stupid
    which led to me feel like a donkey wasting my time over here...

anyone has come to this conclusion? :))

BlackAdder666 and Dezytrius like this.
  5. archie

archie Member

You can organize a strike and convince players to stop using the All-God weapons, however, I am pretty much sure that you will see a lot of « Streikbrechers »:)

BlackAdder666, Dezytrius and Hai like this.
  6. Saedorn

Saedorn New Member

I’m interested in a dev reply. I’ve been watching this thread closely, and I’ve been quiet since all of my thoughts have been reflected by others in posts periodically. I sat out last PvP season because crit was so frustrating I found myself being agitated with the game more than enjoying it. I have a limited amount of time to play and spending that time forcing a restart because of crits is maddening. I’m at the point now where I literally laugh out loud when I see the near dead regiment one-shorting a full health regiment. I’m not opposed to crit, but a balance is in order.

I would like to reiterate someone’s (sorry I cant give credit - the thread is too long) frustration with killing your opponent too quick and missing a loot wagon or trying to heal at the end of a fight and getting wiped out by the Rambo character. There’s just no reason for this.

If this is the intended use of crit in this game, please let me know. I can’t enjoy that long term but I’ll leave happy with the experience I had. If crit is being re-worked I’ll absolutely stick around. I just want my strategy game to be strategic - not Russian Roulette.

Devs?

7. Waarthog

Waarthog Member

110% with you ... At the moment this fun strategie game has turned and it's just an AI critfest (at least it seems so to me ... AI seems to get twice as many crits they are more devastating than mine and I am getting sick and tired of this app closing s**t )
    Please tell us what you have in mind with this game so we can decide if it's worth the wait or if it's time to say goodbye

Dezytrius likes this.
  8. Owain

Owain Member

Agree. I have not spent any diamonds last two seasons for respawn or healing. Nor will I again. My frustration level is growing with this, and if the devs don't do something, I will be moving on.

BlackAdder666, Waarthog and Dezytrius like this.
  9. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

There has been a Dev reply (after we did our best to provoke one), but it is, as usual, utterly non-committal.

I don't feel like I have the right to complain too much about it, because I'm playing (used to play) this game for free, but it's still sad to see the state their community management is in. It could make such a difference if someone actually took the time to properly and regularly interact with players, if they gave some feedback for the hundreds of ideas that have been posted and committed to some for implementation, if they created some polls to help determine game policies, if they'd put some plans on the table to run them by players and get in-advance feedback, if they'd commit to dates for updates instead of always resorting to the by now infamous "soon". But I figure nothing of that is very likely to happen anytime soon.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    Waarthog and Dezytrius like this.
  10. Hai

Hai Active Member

I laugh out loud when I started a fight with 3/850 MF. and he killed enemy fully upgraded starter pike with single shot. (crit).

who the F needs fully healed units lol.

Dezytrius likes this.
  11. archie

archie Member

I am not sure that something will be changed. I guess the game itself generates not too much money. We see only cosmetic changes, and I think nobody will changing the game code for supporting « free2play» players. The game is a good one, that’s enough, right?

12. Waarthog

Waarthog Member

The game was great until crit removed tactics ... There are more fun "random factors" games out there

Not only is the crit frustrating but the spawns are extremely annoying this season ... getting many 1s and 2s even rerolling dosent change much ... Having to fight 2s sucks big time

13. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

Judging from my alliance, I think it actually generates quite a bit of money. I also don't think the devs are thinking "good is good enough" - I'd say it's more likely they have gotten bogged down in creating new content (which then takes us just a few measly days to play through) and view this as the more urgent goal to pursue. But it's hard to tell, because of the above mentioned taciturnity.

14. archie

archie Member

@Loraykin , I recommend to open Glassdoor and read what people write about InnoGames. I dont want to make quotations from those toxic reviews, but I hope that it might help to understand what’s going on with the company and what kind of changes we can expect for the game.

15. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

@archie I guess we're getting somewhat off topic here, but I read through the first page of those reviews and didn't think they were "toxic", more like average. Maybe you can quote, send me a pm?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  16. Owain

Owain Member

So our tactic to get change is simple. Stop spending diamonds, and post why.

Dezytrius and BlackAdder666 like this.
  17. alexbb

alexbb Active Member

Don't think they care about spending the diamonds, but buying diamonds with real $. I've only bought the 30 day package to support the game, but still haven't spent those yet. Really, there's not much to do with diamonds, just buy some time in-game and a good PvP spot. If you buy your way up the top AP armies, you're missing some fun in the middle. after lvl 23 its just grinding...

18. Hai

Hai Active Member

would you guys be happy if dev cut off one zero from kuro's weps? And its rather a 5second work, so we are not asking them to do big changes.

19. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Sorry, but this would not make any sense at all. Fully forged a Kuromokar Weapon is worth exactly 10 times as much damage as a Jerrika Weapon. Removing that last zero makes them equal in damage with Kuromokar having a 10% chance and Jerrika having a 30% chance to do the same damage.

That would make Kuromokar Weapons absolutely pointless.

Jin, BlackAdder666, NoName and 2 others like this.
  20. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

You're again using the same rhetorical tactic as you did with Waarthog some posts ago: Instead of discussing the core issue, you're honing in on some peripheral point, and in the process dismissing the whole statement or question. It's not even clear if Hai meant to keep Jerrikas the same (he probably didn't).

Of course, Jerrikas would have to be adjusted as well. Now the core of his question was: Do you think cutting mythical crit by a factor of 10 would be the right amount?

Hai and Dezytrius like this.