1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Crit is a problem

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Saedorn, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Saedorn

Saedorn New Member

It’s absolutely unfortunate that a developer couldn’t even chime in to say yes or no to crit being looked at. I notice when there’s a question of money (buying bundles, being double charged on a credit card) the moderator is right there. I just restarted the same fight five times in a row because my army was devastated by enemy crits. One: I don’t have time to do that. Two: it’s not fun.

I typically have no problem supporting a game I like by buying micro transactions. I haven’t with this game for the one reason — crit takes the strategy away from this game and makes it a luck based game.

No thanks. I appreciate this doesn’t bother other players but it has made the game unplayable (more frustrating than enjoyable) for me. I won’t speak for others, but I feel forced to vote on this issue with my dollars and attendance. Good luck warlords, I’m out. The frustration in this post is due to the time I just spent trying to get past the first round of a fight without being crit to death (bad LUCK) and the unwillingness for a moderator to update their stance of crit in the game. If crit ever gets reworked, I’ll be happy to join again.

BlackAdder666 likes this.
  2. Zancudo

Zancudo Active Member

I don't know if any veteran player have exposed this idea in this thread:

A player may or not like the critics, but people must think that when you are a veteran player, you have been maximizing your army accord to obtain the maximun AP, and to maximice your crits.

Personally I don't like too much the crits, but those are the rules of the game since years ago.

For old players, like me, it have been taken 2-3 years, millons of gold and thousands of diamonds to keep your gear to the max. It is impossible to change now the rules without affect that players. So, if the rules change according to the request of new users, this loss must be compensated in some way.

BlackAdder666 likes this.
  3. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Active Member

Hopefully they'd take the approach of the T'rut weapon change and compensate via some sort of equivalent item change if the item itself is changed. If new items are introduced it'd be cool if one item could be exchanged for another of the users choice (via some new vendor) assuming the crit ones are invalidated in some way.

I'm sure old timers would love to be able to convert to something of their choice assuming a wide range of viable choices are introduced.

Zancudo likes this.
  4. Arci

Arci Community Manager Staff Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Hey guys :)

I can't make any promises about changes on the crtit damage mechanic, but I can confirm that the topic is at the attention of our Game Design team and it will be analyzed and discussed.

As you may know, we're gonna release some new stuff reeeeally soon (actually in the next few days) and an Alliance update will follow next month, so don't expect crit damage changes anytime soon. Nonetheless, some updates may arrive in the future, even if I don't really have an ETA right now.

In short, we're taking care of your feedbacks, thank you so much for discussing and sharing your thoughts. Please keep doing it ;)

Inspirace, BlackAdder666 and Hai like this.
  5. LiefEric

LiefEric New Member

I'd think that adjusting the weapons so the damage is proportional to unit health would work well enough. What's interesting to me is that how bad it is seems to change. When I was 1* against 1* opponents, I thought crits were fine. They did very little. 2* against 2*, same opinion. 2* against 3* (purple/orange level) and now I'm seeing it's a problem. I can only imagine it gets worse at higher level and becomes more random whether you win. That seems unfortunate to me since one thing I liked about the game was it seemed like strategy (positioning, unit choice) made a big difference.

6. Hai

Hai Active Member

it will be much much worse in mythical :)
    any unit can one hit any other unit regardless its health... so yeah, this game value ranged units partially because of this.

im still laughing hard when my archer one hit enemy DG ( a tank !? ) where? - CA asks...