1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Crit is a problem

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Saedorn, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

It's ok. I have thick skin ability and dont take things personally. Unless you insult the Kraken.

BlackAdder666 likes this.
  2. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

To be fair you wouldn't even have to do anything if someone went that far - They would wake up with five 1-Skull PvP's the next day :D

BlackAdder666, Primer, NoName and 2 others like this.
  3. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Well, if the Kraken comments don’t give away your secret identity in the Alliance then I don’t know what will.

As far as Crit. I can live with or without it. It it wasn’t for the massive damage I would probably find a different weapon/banner combo. Sucks when it happens against you, but a lot of things in life suck. Definitely other changes I would want them to make before this one.

4. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

If they remove crit or make its impact smaller, I have 30+0 gear maxxed for almost all my regiments already, from the old days :D :D

5. Anton Amby

What I wish they would do isn't to just completely remove the Forge/Item system and crit alongside it - I think that would be a terrible idea. The Item system gives a good sense of progression throughout the game, which is pretty cool...
    But I don't think that any of the current items are very fun or exciting. (and crit just so happens to be the one that I - and some other players - find 'a bit' unfun)
    I would like to see them do is a revamp of the system, where they make each regiment more customizable so that we can choose between a bunch of different equipment. That way you could make your regiments your own instead of my RP being the exact same as 90% of other RP's I see in PvP.
    Like, imagine if we had a bunch of different item sets with their own theme's and you could either choose to equip a regiment with items of the same type or to use different items for Weapons, Armors and Banners. (so for example you could either go with a full Necromancer item set or you could have a regiment use Necromancer Weapon, Winged Armor and Speed Banner or something like that)

Dezytrius, BlueRuby, Jin and 3 others like this.
  6. Zancudo

Zancudo Active Member

Nooo pleeeeeease. :eek::eek::eek::eek:My (almost totality) weapons are 15%+10. If it happends destroy me! I have only a few 30%+0... and don't maximiced. I guess there are many people who loves critics and other don't. Personally I dont like it, but I've got used to it.

so, better dont change anything....praying to the Kraken....

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    BlackAdder666 and Primer like this.
  7. Anton Amby

If they actually ended up suddenly re-working the Item/Forge system or just made it weaker in general they would probably compensate players for the changes...
    Like if they did something along the lines of what I suggested in my post then we should get some of the new items too. :p

Dezytrius likes this.
  8. alexbb

alexbb Active Member

If I could change 1 thing, that would be the crit. I'll probably stop playing this game after I'll trash my phone because of it. I've never been so frustrated because of a game. I just had a pvp fight where I did all hits without taking any damage, enemy behind ROFs, and only 1 critical hit against an enemy that was very low on health. I had one archer shot, enemy was left with 3 units, one RR a LC and DG, all crippled. I chose to kill DG. Next turn, 2 crits from the enemy, my MF and CA both killed. Instantly killed the app, need to calm down and try again the fight later. I think if the kill-app 'bug' will be solved, I'll probably leave the game because of the crit hit. At level 23, it's just ridiculous and totally unbalanced.

Jin, Dezytrius, BlackAdder666 and 2 others like this.
  9. Zancudo

Zancudo Active Member

I guess there are many people who loves critics and other don't. Personally I dont like it, but I've got used to it and my gear is now.
    I'm agree Alex. If the kill-app bug will be solved, game must be rebalanbed, if not it would be converted to an impossible game. I have seen a reg with one just troop kill me a total helth reg with a critic (sure other player do). It is simply absurd. Anyway I have to say that the critic (with the bug), sometimes is funny and others don't.

Dezytrius likes this.
  10. Anton Amby

Being able to kill the app and restart the game obviously isn't even intended, (if it was they would just have had a 'restart' button in game instead) so I don't see how that in any way could justify the existence of crit... :p
    Having a entire regiment killed by a enemy army with 5 soldiers just isn't fun.

Dezytrius likes this.
  11. Zancudo

Zancudo Active Member

But it is fun when you do 3 or 4 crits in a row!:p

Jin and Anton Amby like this.
  12. Anton Amby

I personally don't find it all that fun (I'm just like ''eh, guess that happened''), but I can see how some players would find that fun. :p It's not very strategic though. :D

Dezytrius likes this.
  13. valdis

valdis New Member

I am personally voting for critical chance 50-100% and critical damage 500-1000%, like it was in diablo III :)))
    Will be funny

14. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Active Member

I'm in full agreement with @Anton Amby. I've stopped playing the game after reaching high end partially due to how influencing crits are. I suspect that if there was no way to reset a fight there would be a lot more feedback about either a) regiment cooldowns are too long or b) crits are not strategic or fun.

It's true that the game as it stands is played with crits in mind, which is precisely the reason I've stopped playing. Things that are not fun on my list:

1) Rolling/rerolling strongly influencing how people are ranked.
    2) Crits affecting gameplay to such a huge degree
    3) Regiment promotions being incredibly slow and statistically very significant

I still drop in to read what's going on (love how the new regiments add to the mix) but I don't have the real urge to play something with such wildly random outcomes.

archie, Aleatory, NoName and 3 others like this.
  15. NoName

NoName Active Member

I will never forget the first time I was on the negative end of the crits. I was a level 23 3* Army without the 10% weapons, but was spawning opponents with Kuromokar weapons, and I could quickly put the battle in my favor from 5v5 to 5v3, and on several occasions those 3 could eliminate my 5 with very little difficulty, because by my second attack turn the battle was 2v3. :eek:

After seeing that for the first time, I just restarted my Army, because I enjoyed early the game play, and freedom to discover the map in any direction I wanted (which in the middle of 2018 was made linear). Once I made it to Warlord level 23 the 2nd time, again I just deleted my account and started again only because I knew what was coming. This third time I'm doing my best to stick with it. If not for the warlords community, and alliance chat room I definitely would no longer be Warlording at the Mythical level.

Without the ability to restart the battle there is no way I would continue play this game. I do use the retreat flag as a reconnaissance, but may as well add a replay battle option. I have lost connection with the server, due to my own poor connection many times, so that's another reason I'm happy nothing is final until the battle is complete.

Currently, I exclusively use the Kuromokar weapons with 15% banners, in fact my entire top 12 is stacked this way, less x2 15% banners at 12%. Even with this depth of high chance potential, I have not yet seen my Army crit 3 times in one attack round. I keep waiting for the day when I can properly quote the man with no name.

In the movie the Good the Bad, and the Ugly...
    [Before a gunfight, to the undertaker.] Get three coffins ready.
    [After same gunfight, to the undertaker] My mistake: four coffins.
    ~The Man with No Name

Some day I may see this occur, until then it seems the crits are very common when a Reg (my own, or the opponent) is about to be destroyed. I am certainly one of the Warlords who would like to see crits revised in some way. Until then I have stayed with a deep roster Army, and most days can finish my PVP without an Ad Watch (trying to continue this as most days they don't work anyway). If the crits will in no way ever be revised, granting warlords 3 instant revives per day which can be rolled over to the next day for a max authorized amount of 5 would change my opinion, as I usually finish the day with 7 to 9 Regs on full timer of misery.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    Jin, Dezytrius, archie and 3 others like this.
  16. Dezytrius

Dezytrius Member

I am not a big dog. Only WL 17, and before now I have been just reading and taking this Crit conversation in. I was actually wondering how you guys knew it was the crit that killed your units since it all happens so fast on the screen with the flashing numbers.

Then this morning 6LA took out 200 SM in 2 shots, while I was healing after the battle was all but over. The LA was actually LVL 16 and SM lvl 17 not fully upgraded but solidly halfway upgraded. WTF!! That is not realistic. That is not better strategy or a need for me to improve my tactics. That's just bllnd luck OP and a system design flaw.

If this gets worse as I approach level 23 I am not sure how I will respond. I sincerely thought before this I was on the side of those who thought "up your game," "get over it," because battle is mayhem and a few better units might take out more lesser units. But 6 weaker guys killing 200 stronger/roughly equal guys in 2 shots is ridiculous. Especially when there are no special abilities involved other then class vs class extra damage.

Maybe Crit damage should not be boosted by class vs class modifiers. I am not sure it is, I am just assuming that because I can't imagine how else this could happen. I now think I understand the concern but I am open to further enlightenment, because I am genuinely put off by a combat system that creates these kinds of results. The only thing that makes this at all ok, is the fact a player can just close the program. That seems like a poor solution to me, even though I of course do it.

BTW, I love a tactical challenge, but I don't want to win by absurdities, and I certainly don't want to lose by absurdity.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018 at 4:52 PM
    BlackAdder666 and Anton Amby like this.
  17. Zancudo

Zancudo Active Member

Yeah... Just WoA Crits. One soldier Lvl 23 maximiced with Kuromakar weapon can defeat an entire lv 23 maximiced reg with one shit. I have seen it.

"One hit wonder" shot.

Jin, BlackAdder666 and Dezytrius like this.
  18. Anton Amby

Oh, you have not seen nothing yet.
    A Mage with 1 Soldier can 1-shot a undamaged Pike regiment with a crit if it attacks from uphill. It's completely ridiculous. :p

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018 at 7:32 PM
    Jin, BlackAdder666 and Dezytrius like this.
  19. Dezytrius

Dezytrius Member

That would piss me off to the point I would mentally have to shout at myself to not throw the tablet, "DONT throw the Tablet!" Because that is completely absurd and has nothing at all to do with tactics or strategy.

This is really a sad fact and poor game design the more I think this through regarding the gold spent and slots spent upgrading since gold is the only true limiting factor in this game, followed by Shards which seem statistically minor after 2* and abilities gained.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018 at 7:11 PM
  20. Loraykin

Loraykin Member

Dezytrius likes this.