1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Crit is a problem

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Saedorn, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Active Member

It's not even an exaggeration either. Fully upgraded lvl 23 regiments range in health between roughly 600k to 1million. A mage hitting a pike/guard/mount that has low magic defense (which is very common) is going to be crit (with 10CC weapon) for 980k * 1.5 =~ 1.5 million. That's on the crit damage alone.

Dezytrius, Waarthog and Anton Amby like this.
  2. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

I would be satisfied if only there was some way to increase the magic defense of my units when facing mages. Some sort of tactical decision I could make before starting the battle maybe. I would even be okay with having to choose between better magical defense, better physical defense, or some combination of a mix of the two. Maybe they can come up with a way I can make these choices.

3. Waarthog

Waarthog Member

It doesn't even matter if they attack a counter unit and getting bonus damage. I have seen archers knock out my tank in a hit even a few mages can take out and entire archer unit ... The tactical aspect of this game starts to shift into the background, it becomes more a game of who gets the crit first. You can play 2 good rounds doing everything right then bang the last 3 damaged enemy units all get crits and half your army is dead without you having made any major mistakes. So at the moment the only real counter to this game of crit is closing and restarting if you get hit like that ... I'd prefer not to do it but thats just how it is atm. I kinda have mixed feelings with the announcement of the defs that they want to stop the app closing "feature" ... It could turn out like the last update ... a bit of a letdown.

BlackAdder666, Dezytrius and Owain like this.
  4. Owain

Owain Member

Just removing the app close without rebalancing the game will be a defining point for the game.
    Ads for life, and crit all need to be balanced for everyone. I doubt it though. Removing the force close and adds for life, could be the plan, as it could lead people to spend diamonds to reduce cool down time for key units.

Dezytrius and Waarthog like this.
  5. Waarthog

Waarthog Member

Just forcing people to use diamonds cant be the answer, I want it to be f2p (I spent money about the amount a game would cost ... But I'm not prepared to spend money on a regular basis just to play the game what removing that would mean)
    Also has anyone noticed a change in AI crit recently I feel that they are throwing out far more crits thank I ever get ... Could be wrong though

Dezytrius likes this.
  6. Dezytrius

Dezytrius Member

I spent some money on the game with the idea that yes I like this game, and I sincerely believe people should be paid for their work. I dont want to live in an arcade though with a roll of quarters to keep playing my favorite game. Only have so many quarters, a movie to go to, and will want food and drink after. That's life.

If they prevent force close, and do not fix max timer times or fix this unrealistic luck based one shot kill crit with 5% health units, then, well thats the Devs choice. Just like it will be mine, and I suspect many silent others, to goto a different game.

Plenty o' fish in the sea.

I sincerely wish they would just scale crit damage to unit health. This is becoming more of an issue to me now, as I start fighting my first sets of 4Skull PvP battles.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    BlackAdder666 and Waarthog like this.
  7. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Active Member

I'm sure that's why everyone is so excited to roll a magic defense armor on drops and is almost continuously a massive disappointment when it happens! For the record, even maxed out mixed mythical pike/mount will still be one shot by a mage crit.

8. archie

archie Member

@Enodrevo, I think your problem is not a crit damage, but poor equipment. Please record some battles where you think the crit takes a crucial place and we take a look on it. I was WL19 level and didnt have any problem with crit damage.

9. archie

archie Member

Well, the current game meta is “strike first, strike hard, no mercy”. The game doesn’t have too much room for melee units. Add some archers/mages with max crit damage and your life becomes simple.

10. Owain

Owain Member

I am at WL 23 with maxed units and 25%crit gear. Crit is a problem. The frequency of damaged enemy units at minimal health (less than 5%), having a unit killing crit is ridiculous. Lately, I see regular multiple crit attacks in a round, which removes all elements of skill. These even occur when terrain is favourable to the defending unit.

I typically play with 2 archers, mf as my core units, but adapt based on availability and opponent. It makes no difference to this crit issue.

11. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

Critical damage has nothing to do with # of soldiers in regiment. The crit damage is the same whether the reg is full, or down to one soldier.
    The critical strike is delivered by the hero of the regiment, who wears mythical gear forged and worn by Kuromokar (who happens to be a God. The AllGod).

NoName likes this.
  12. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

I don't care about the lore behind it, it could have been made by a hot chick and I still wouldn't enjoy it. :p

13. Owain

Owain Member

That does not make any difference to the argument. 1 soldier cannot destroy an entire unit (outside of marvel comics). This is supposed to be a skill game , not a random luck game.

BlackAdder666 and Dezytrius like this.
  14. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

Says who? not the devs....there's plenty of non-skill factors in this game.

For instance, being the high bidder for The One has nothing to do with skill.

15. Hai

Hai Active Member

does dev read this or by any chance delivery this topic to them? what about those forum staffs?

this is a game killing feature.

Dezytrius likes this.
  16. Owain

Owain Member

WoA describes itself as a turn based strategy game. Although strategy does not directly link to skill, the broad meaning of strategy as a plan or game plan, does align with skill.
    As to the need to pay for respawn in PvP, that is another gripe. But covered in a separate thread.

Dezytrius likes this.
  17. Dezytrius

Dezytrius Member

The whole idea is to get the Devs attention so they change the system many of us feel could be better. To simply accept the system as is, is to be lazy and uncaring in light of the fact, the current system can be improved measured in strategy and tactics with less luck. Another viewpoint of improvement is improved realism

It's called an update!

evilt0m, Loraykin and Waarthog like this.
  18. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Without CS and the current AI algorithm, I've great doubt that the AI can partial damage many regiments let alone ko them as it stands now. The PvP will not be much of a challenge for nearly all warlords even at 5v7. 90% of my ko regiments came about through CS or as a result of CS on other regiments.

19. Dezytrius

Dezytrius Member

Not sure I follow. Nobody is advocating the removal of CS. Units do get wiped out in 1 shot, but 5 guys don't kill 250 in 1 shot. That just does not happen. There has to be better balance were the game is still a challenge, or perhaps, that's just some of our's assumption. Doesn't seem or sound right to me, but I'm not a Dev. It would sure be nice to get some straight shooting from them on the subject.

Owain and atata like this.
  20. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

As Mark Engle and the description of CS in WoA said that it's delivered by the commander of the regiment so it got nothing to do with the number of units left in a regiment.

Scaling the CS to the health of the regiment does not make sense then. It's the damage value of the CS that needs to change or the rate of CS.

PS: As to one man army, anyone seen Rambo or Commando? :D:D:p:p
    PPS: There are plenty of instances in history where a smaller army wipe out a bigger army.

NoName likes this.