1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Crit is a problem

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Saedorn, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

I'm glad we found some common ground. Devs, please take note of it?

Dezytrius and Waarthog like this.
  2. Waarthog

Waarthog Member

I had to giggle myself that some of you didn't get my slightly ironically post on the 4vs 5 starts ... Well one did and he said it all (thanks to you Loraykin)
    Also it isn't like some of the pro CS guys wanna put this discussion either you want to keep CS as it is now or you want to get rid of it ... Good to see that even Jin sees that it maybe should be reduced a bit ... That's all what I'm saying here I definitely don't want to get rid of crits. I want to keep this a game of tactics and not russian roulette.
    I finish 2/3 of my battles first try with hardly any losses (and if then I rarely use my 5 adds a day). But still there are some battles and especially on some maps were the AI gets VERY lucky on CS and you hardly get any were you would lose many units ... atm I just close add and start again (also trying new tactics with the new units roc and queen made me close the app more often than usual) ... Now if these featurfe are gone the learning curve for such battles plus the oh you just had bad luck will be significantly longer ... And that would really annoy me.

Dezytrius likes this.
  3. Dezytrius

Dezytrius Active Member

Ahem, isn't there a commander in the full health unit?....just sayin......

Seems like massive imbalance of offense vs defense....

4. Hai

Hai Active Member

im regretting reaching WL23... those kuromos are absolutely BS. i uad to redo one 4S 17 times...

frustration level=100

Dezytrius and Waarthog like this.
  5. Waarthog

Waarthog Member

The real fun begins when they are fully forged ;)

17 is a lot ... Guess you also had one of the pain in the a... Maps too

Edit: also something I noticed specially if a unit gets critted in your opening turn it seems like that the unit delivering the crit gets that crit again and again ... That's why if that happens I don't replay it exactly the same I try and vary my opening

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  6. NoName

NoName Well-Known Member

Hai, back on page 2 of this thread someone gave warning about transitioning to the Mythical Stage and how much the game changes. The old stratgey that most walords develop... i.e. carve the enemy up, and leave on low soldier Reg, so I can huddle around the ToH... just won't work anymore. You have posted many solid Stronghold strats, and know what you're doing, so I'm guessing you meant it took 17 attempts to win without any Regs lost?

7. NoName

NoName Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20190210-201014_Warlords.jpg
    Just to poke the bear, stir the coals, and keep the fire going in this thread:p

What's up with Jerrika?

That 1 Soldier can take out 200+ soldiers in one attack, and then she gets two attacks:eek:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  8. NoName

NoName Well-Known Member

Seriously though, the warlords who are seriously opposed to excessive damage, chance, or whatever... You're right it's not just frustrating, it just dumb, that you can lose a full soldier Reg to an attack by one soldier, just because the soldier has a super weapon, and all the opponents you face can have this weapon. So, how can you enjoy the game with only your few favorite Regs when 10 battles a day your faced with a strong chance of losing them in one shot... just play the Strongholds? Yeah right.., boring

Currently the only way I have found to play this game comfortably, is to maintain a deep roster (10-12+), so reinforcements are readily availiable.

Okay if you made it through the first statement, and you loathe the PVP crits, then I've got your attention and this is why I think it's dumb... IMO this hinders the game diversity, because if all of us continued to the AP max then all of our Army's would look the exact same & we would basically being playing ourselves in PVP. When I first downloaded this game, I thought this is too cool, I build my Army may way, and you build yours. We each play our own game, and face other players Army's ran by AI to see how we can match up. BUT, we cannot do that in the mature Mythical stage, because ads for life are an issue, without the restart runnng just 5-6 Regs is impossible, and the crits force us (well me at least) to develop more Regs. So, to me this is why the crits impact WoA in a bad way.

To diversify opponents the 'pool of 8' has been one of the best updates in this game. I wish is was a 'pool of 12'

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  9. Hai

Hai Active Member

yep, the big frustration came when i still just had legendary opposing kuromos opponent. now im mythical and have full kuromos and two 15% banner too, so i can give back the pain they gave me before.

i should just follow you because daily 35+25 stronghold really burns me out. and no fun.

the positive thing is i dont have gold issue and can continously forge, but man.. its getting boring. wasting my time also increasing level of frustration and burn out. i need to find the golden path just like you.

not to mention i need lucky crit sometimes in stronghold too. if no crit i redo until it crits.

i doubt its the intention of the ge developer from the beginning. i would just remove one zero from the dmg output of those weps. i dont think its such a big deal. but as of now its playing too big role. one crit equal to 3 normal hit dmg wise. which is absolutely BS.

Dezytrius likes this.
  10. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Well-Known Member

I can pretty much guarantee that when you max out your mythicals you're not going to have time to do that much SH a day unless you enjoy rerolling. You only really need to complete around 20 or so SH daily to be able to keep up with mythical upgrade costs anyway.

Hai likes this.
  11. alexbb

alexbb Active Member

To add a bit to this, I don't think this was the intended development of the critical hit. The difference compared to the lightning weapons is huge, and the non-PvP fights do not have this function. Even the frostblood troops that have the crit, have low damage with crit.

NoName likes this.
  12. Owain

Owain Member

Has something changed in the last update? I am receiving 2 or 3 unit destroying crits per round in PvP now.

The game has become unplayable at 4s as a result. Wondering if anyone else has the same problem.

13. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club, Owain. As crit is as it is, you can play perfectly and still lose 3-4 of your top regiments in a 4s or 3s pvp battle. Have not seen any increase in crits in last update, you may just be unlucky. If crits were increased you would never be able to win any 3s or 4s, in fact most battles would end with 4-6 enemy regs wiping out your last top reg every time. Restarting multiple times is the only way if you want to complete hard pvp. And the worst map is saved for last before bed, when it is ok to lose 4 regs to win.

And do not forget, your army some months ago (198 trophies) is the only time ever I could not beat no matter how many restarts/changed strategies/kamikaze runs. Had to reroll to get an easier fight. Got a 199 and came out with all 5 at full health. So some enemies on a hard map can be unbeatable due to crits. Crits can ruin the absolute perfect strategy. Now with the new regs I am sure I will encounter more unbeatable pvp, but to date it has only happened once, a 5vs6 vs Owain :D

Dezytrius, NoName, Waarthog and 2 others like this.
  14. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Never had an unbeatable foe, but twice had 204t battles at 5v7 (before Superstrut fixed) that took me more than 20 tries to just survive with one Regiment. I actually had to put on some full magic gear as mages were killing me and the map wouldn’t allow me to isolate or destroy them first turn.

That was a challenge. As frustrating as it was I enjoyed it. I felt a sense of accomplishment when I finally figured it out. And it wasn’t just rerolling until I got a lot of Crits. It was changing lineup, gear and tactics.

And absolutely saved for last fight of the night.

15. Owain

Owain Member

Looks like bad luck on my first 4 PvP games. Each one had 2 archers and GG, and they were wiping out 2-3 units a turn.
    Remaining games have had the usual mix of crit strikes both ways, so allowing an element of tactics in with random luck.

BlackAdder666 likes this.
  16. archie

archie Member

Come on, dude, you can just re-roll that battle, right? :) What’s the point to do so many attempts? :)

17. archie

archie Member

If you get 23 lvl, there is no point to do « 35+25 » except of being a rich guy:)

18. Hai

Hai Active Member

hello archie

crit is really fun when you have it, but not fun when you get hehe.

and just like lw loot, there can be long series where you dont crit at all, but opponent does.

IMO kuro's weapon should be rebalanced. other wep is okay.

to me stronghold is the key point of this game. i reached WL23 when my brigand island was 66. and strongholds played a big role in this.

stronghold gives
    1) you xp, or the possibilty to power level a lowbie
    2) i had no gold issue lvling TBP, GG and TB ( 3 giant class) at all
    3) i never was short on upgrade materials
    4) in avarage it drops me 1 mythical in every 60 fights. usually not the mythical i want, but still ok.
    5) downside is, its very time consuming... therr are fights where you need that crit, and if its not happening.. then restart the app.

19. archie

archie Member

Hello Hai,
    I know what SH gives to players perfectly and explained you how to use the DS tree, when you asked about SH tricks, if I am not mistaken.

However I cannot say that fully upgraded Kuromokar weapons are the main issue of the game and we need to rebalance it.

I have strong opinion that the game itself is heavily distorted by AI and has lack of strategy elements due to AI as well. We don’t fight between each other, we fight with very predictable AI. This is the main problem.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Dezytrius, Hai and Waarthog like this.
  20. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Well-Known Member

Totally agree! I wish SH was around when I started playing last year as it would have made the whole experience much smoother. I remember gaining XP was so difficult because of the lack of fights each day (roughly 30 total including LW, PvP, invasions). Now it's not hard to do 30+ alone from SH.

It's especially good once you reach high AP because each SH fight grants 10k XP starting at SH lvl1 and 50k XP at SH lvl20+. I've been getting roughly 1 million XP per day just bringing along regiments I need to level. Only 11 days to level a regiment from 1 to 23 without XP potions is pretty reasonable.

Although I agree that it would be awesome to be able to play against other players but if we could AND crit remained as it is folks would be far more enraged about crits than they are now.

Dezytrius likes this.