1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Crit is da shizzle...?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BlackAdder666, Oct 26, 2018.

?

10% + 15% crit

Poll closed Nov 2, 2018.
  1. I love it, enjoy killing regs with one single blow very much

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I hate it because of luck factor, but use it to raise my AP

50.0%
  3. I only use it for Trut, all my other regs have 30% + 0%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I never use it for any regs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I love it, but I hate when enemy regs have it and wipe out my own favourite regs

37.5%
  6. I think it is unrealistic and an abomination in the game

12.5%
  7. I am drunk at the moments and cannot choose an answer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

What do you think of 10% crit weapons together with 15% banners?

2. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Dislike crit, still use it though - Because there's not really another option.

3. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

Lower level gameplay is actually more tactical, because critical hits aren't as game-changing as they are with mythical crit weapons.

Critical damage on mythical weapons is skewed too high. Sure, landing a critical should do more damage...but one-shot kills happen too often, reducing the game to luck as opposed to tactics.

I don't think we'd see any complaints if crit damage on 10% mythical weapons was reduced by 50% .

Jin, BlackAdder666 and Anton Amby like this.
  4. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Would honestly prefer that they'd remove it and add something fun in it's place rather than making it weaker... It's not interesting and it doesn't add anything to the game.

5. Jesper

Jesper Well-Known Member

I too often accidentally killed the last enemy by a crit to not hate them. Of course receiving a crit like this (in PvP) is even more annoying.
    But due to AP requirements I’m changing my complete lineup of 0%+30% towards 15%+10%.

6. BlackAdder666

Yup, I went for 30+0 at the beginning as I liked even damage every time as opposed to a few lucky crits. But AP forced me to upgrade my crit gear for eventually all regiments.Started with Trut and it is a loooong way to max AP with crit for all regiments. At the moment I have 78 maxxed mythical gear. Will not need 21×3×2=126 to get to all crit and top AP armor, but close to it, because of my initial AP-unfriendly strategy. Gold and time, gold and time......

7. BlackAdder666

Only 6 votes sofar, and no drunkards....

8. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

Never believe the polls.:p

Dezytrius and BlackAdder666 like this.
  9. BlackAdder666

Most seem to use crit, but dislike it....

10. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    I mean, I just fail to see how crit adds anything interesting to the game that couldn't be made more fun by making other different mechanics for the weapons while removing the frustrating randomness of it.

Dezytrius likes this.
  11. BlackAdder666

Yeah, it is a random abomination to the game! The way AP is calculated forces us all to use it, even though we hate it and think it is unrealistic. Some players restart battles until they get those lucky crits, to win battle with few losses. I have many times gotten my strongest regs with full health, wiped out in a single hit by a reg with only 1-5 soldiers left. I am forced to play like a chicken, GG and 2 RoF is needed to avoid this. Real melee strategy is not possible with crits. My last battles before bed is the most fun all day, then I go kamikaze all in with mostly melee, try to win, and go to sleep with many full timers. Crit is NOT da shizzle!!! :D

Dezytrius and Jin like this.
  12. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

Oooh boy, so much to look forward to when leveling up :rolleyes:
    • Mythical weapon critical damage adds randomisation and subtracts tactical options
    • Increased PvP slog, with no substantial benefit except if you're in the top 100
    • No advantage gained over opponents by leveling up, as they are adjusted to your strength anyway
    • Promoting your top regiments fast means others are left in the dust (not a function of WL level, but does keep me from promoting and upgrading regiments)
    Could someone please give a pep talk with all the great advantages of being at level 23? The only thing that keeps me going at the moment is stats I want to complete.

At level 20 critical hits are only an annoyance (and a very unrealistic one, when some few soldiers wipe a hundred times their number). I would like to see random damage capped at about 50% of base damage.

Dezytrius and BlackAdder666 like this.
  13. BlackAdder666

The joy of getting a favourite reg fully upgraded, 5*, with 3 mythical gear at max is the biggest. Otherwise having fun playing the game while chasing shards, gold and diamonds is what it is all about... :D

Dezytrius likes this.