1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Delay 4* Promotion?

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by mad4plaps, Dec 31, 2018.

1. mad4plaps

mad4plaps New Member

Warlords.. I'm in a pickle. I'm 2 shards away from my first 4* regiment (GG) and wondering to myself.. would I be better off waiting until I can upgrade 3 or more at the same time?

Currently I can go through 20 or more levels of each stronghold per day and have no issues, but would the sudden AP increase be enough to tilt me into the 10ish SH hell I hear so many WL23 players talk about? Strongholds are the only thing I am worried about becoming too difficult to farm gold effectively..

Here is my roster. As you can see, other than MF and TPB I am miles away from another 4*.

[​IMG]

2. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Active Member

If SH is your favorite activity and you don't use GG a whole lot in the SH then you might want to hold off.

3. mad4plaps

mad4plaps New Member

I do use GG a lot, nearly a mainstay in every battle I do.

4. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Hello @mad4plaps. Welcome to the WoA Community Forum.

I hold the opinion that whenever you promote regiments one by one, there is an increase in the difficulty curve until you've 3/4 regiments at the same * level. However, I don't have concrete proof, it's an impression I get. There are warlords that don't believe in this difficulty curve.

Waarthog likes this.
  5. archie

archie Member

Well, it will take ages for getting 4 stars for all your 5 regiments. I am not sure that you will be able to wait so long. Your AP will increase approximately on ~ 300 units after promoting GG to 4 stars. I can say this is nothing in terms of PvP or SH.

6. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

If you don't like where the 4* promotion of GG puts you, you can always "undo" that move by weakening her gear...

While strongholds might get more challenging for higher WL (I'm pretty sure at the start of strongholds, I didn't get 4S already at lvl10 in Frostblood, but it's also possible the devs made it more difficult for all warlord levels), I don't think there is any big jump in difficulty. The only thing I always wanted to avoid is getting into the territory of PvP mythical crits, but that's a long way hence (for both your and my army).

Notwithstanding the above, there is an interesting approach proposed by the elusive warlord ____ (in-game: III). He keeps his complete army at 3*, because that way, switching gear has a bigger impact and allows you to more strongly influence the difficulty at which you fight your battles (gear down before spawn, gear back up for battle). I couldn't find the post anymore, he might have deleted it. Following this strategy lost me some warcoins and XP, but made me more time-efficient, and kept me away from the grind of restarting battles. I don't know how instrumental the 3* part is (you can still use the strategy with 5* regiments, of course).

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    BlackAdder666 likes this.
  7. archie

archie Member

I met III a few times in PvP battles (there is at least one video). He was always in rags and I guess he finished his game optimisation mechanics very banal, just stopped to play.

BlackAdder666 likes this.
  8. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

Yup, Mr III seems to have taken a break from forum and game.

9. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

I think stopping to play is how anyone stops playing a game ;)... The better question is if he enjoyed the way he was playing it, and if others could, too.