1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Frostite Mines PvP Discussion

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by Gottspieler, Feb 9, 2018.

?

From 1 to 7 how difficult do you find Frostite Mines?

1. 1 - Extremely easy

2. 2 - Quite easy

3. 3 - Slightly easy

4. 4 - Neither

5. 5 - Slightly difficult

6. 6 - Quite difficult

7. 7 - Extremely difficult

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Gottspieler

Gottspieler Active Member

Frostite Mines
    Frostite Mines.jpg

Tiles: 43
    Width: 9
    Height: 6
    Rounds for CV: 5
    Foe starting tiles: J2, J3, H1, H6, J7

A map with very unique features. The forests in E4, F4 and F5 can be a real problem on this map. I still have to come up with a real strategy for it but there has already been a discussion about it in maps and strategies by lesterio. You can find it in the spoiler.

Frostite Mines Gridded.jpg

I will collect useful Ideas from the discussion in this starting post for easier Navigation.
    • Open the post for some videos
    In this discussion you can post any Ideas, screenshots or Videos concerning Frostite Mines and find out how to master this map.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  2. Gottspieler

Gottspieler Active Member

Use MF

This map is a paradise for MF Mostly because of the Forest in E2. I really love using their flying ability to take this strategically important spot in the second round. My first two rounds normally look like this: (If there's a starter Archers regiment in foe's army)

Regiments: MF, and the rest according to the foe's army.

First round:
    MF on C2
    One regiment on C4
    One regiment on C6
    Two Regiments in Middle of B column

Second round:
    MF on E2, from there they can e.g. attack a melee regiment in F3 with downhill bonus or finish off a Starter riders regiment in D3 that was seize positioned out of E4 forest by starter pikes

Here are some videos in which I use this trick:

Against SM LA RP DG RR

Against SM LA FM RR CA

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  3. Spiderman

Spiderman Active Member

This is one of my troublesome maps. Especially if there's enemy Archers and Mages in the upper right. I'll have to look at and try some of the strategies here.

4. Spiderman

Spiderman Active Member

This map still gives me the most trouble (along with another one) at 3S. I need some strategy help :) But before I forget, in the game, this map seems to be called Little Alta (going by the bar on top). Made it a little difficult to find this thread :)

Anyway, I'm facing Zachariah who has DG in H1, KG in I2, LA in I3, RR in H6, and CA in I7. All are five star units.

I'm level 23. Of my units, RR and RT are five star, the other four starter units and "clones" and MF are four star and everyone else is three star. All of the starter units and clones (except KG), MF, FK, DS, and LC have all of their upgrades (I'm not mentioned where the others are at because I figure I should be able to win this with the above units. Hopefully). All of the starter units, clones, and MF have their weapon and banners at mythic lvl 7, archers and pikes have mythic armor lvl 7, and Dg has mythic armor lvl 4. All of the rest of various legendary armors at the highest level.

So what's the strategy? I tried 2 Archers, MF, RR, and I think DG and got slaughtered. I think on the first turn, I put ROFs on G4 and G5 and lost an Archer from LA counter attack. When it was all over, the enemy guard units were still standing. So I just need help in how to tackle this and win, don't care if four units end up on cooldown :)

5. Guru

Guru Active Member

Didn't have time to image exact enemies on the map, but I could suggest minimum 2 things. They help me a lot:
    1. Use RoF on the first round in the down right corner to lock two enemy regiments so they don't participate in next round (especially if there aren't any archers).
    2. As Gottspieler wrote put MF in up position so you can move it to the forest with flying ability).
    I ussualy use RP, two archers, mage and MF as these are my strongest units.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  6. Spiderman

Spiderman Active Member

He had two Archers, one down in the lower left :)

I tried it to make sure I retained a spot in the Top 100 before the season ended and managed to win with only one unit on full cooldown (my starter Mages). Now I can't remember what I did, but I think I went with MF, LA, RR, starter Mages, and starter Pikes. I think my first move was doing what you guys said and moving MF to the up position and spreading out my units so no two could be targeted by the enemy ROF. Once he moved his units on the plateau, I think my second turn was using the starter Pikes ability to exchange places with his RR, moving the MF to the top Forest to either finish him off or cripple it severely, use my RR to close in on one of his Archers, use my starter Mages to deal more damage to it (or the second Archer), and use my Archer's ROF to "trap" him in the plateau so he couldn't move out. I think on his second turn, his two Archers got my starter Mage, one of his Guards went for my MF, and the other Guard went for my starter Pikes. On my third turn, I think my MF returned fire on whatever Guards was attacking it, my RR followed up with finishing off an Archer, my starter Pikes moved to finish the other Archer, and my Archers also attacked an Archer (I think between the three attacks, I killed one and either killed the other or severely wounded it). My MF survived yet another hit from whatever Guards was attacking it (I think it was the non-retribution one, so I guess the KG) which was the main takeaway from the opponent's third turn, and after that it was just mop of of the two Guard units and the remaining Archer unit if it had survived my third turn.

So all in all, it went much better than I expected :)

7. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

After I faced Blackadder AI army combo and won, I was very confident that I'll do well against Marximus supposedly 'inferior' AI army combo using the same tactic on this map. 2 regiments ko and 1 on partial recovery attested to the foolishness of my confidence.:confused:

This time the fickle PvP God of Luck decided I don't need CC strikes to win.:eek:Same tactic, almost the same moves and yet the result is so different.:p

8. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

I've also considered this PvP against Warlord MikeyKhan AI army combo as my 11th PvP for Season 10 but I choose Warlord Blackadder PvP instead. I did managed to turn it into a 4S PvP by lowering my T5AP a bit.

Warlord MikeyKhan top 5 army combo has no archer yet and I took advantage of it by fielding 3 archers of my own and opening with twin RoF. My BIG tactical mistake was not pressing my advantage. I employed a very defensive tactic and paid the price of 3 regiments ko.:(:eek::confused:

I thought I could use TPB's battlefield control against the twin pikes and cavalry while my archers shoot at everything. I didn't count on AI SM not ko by LC. Not good at thinking on the run, that's one of my biggest tactical short fall.:(

LA & CA combined to ko AI MF in round 2. In round 3, after letting the AI regiments suffered more RoF damage, I should have moved TPB to hit AI RP followed by LC hitting AI SM with a crippling shot and then MF hitting AI RoT. Battle would have been over by round 4 or 5 with no regiments loss.:D:p Lesson learned and hope I don't forget.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Guru and Jesper like this.
  9. Guru

Guru Active Member

This looked like a very easy combo to fight against. I would recommend RoF just the bottom, so you have less regiments to worry about in the next 2 rounds, but the other 3 regiments you should of lured out of the woods, because damage dealt when enemies are in the forest is so much lower. 2nd round you gat high with MF to hit most likely pike or anyone that's reachable and shoot with archers at mage. If MF comes much closer shoot her as well. Keep cavalry pinned with RoF and crippling shot and you can evne heal everyone by having the ground in the forest just below the ledge, where you need just 2 hexagons to control.

10. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

These are top of the line 5* regiments with Mythical Armour and 25%CC combo weapon and banner. MF may not one shot some of these regiments even from height and the AI has the tendency to CC strike with high frequency. Letting them running loose is a bad idea as I've shown. You need to bottle them up and ko them with team effort especially when you reduced your own T5AP to get 25 extra WC by taking away your own high CC strike ability.

Kwartai likes this.
  11. Guru

Guru Active Member

Yeah, it's hard to comment not knowing all the ibforinform then ;)

12. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Comments are good. The tactic used at different AP level is slightly different. A tactic that work for a lower level AP may not work so well against an armed to the teeth army.;) For example, the reach of GG in a RoF field is 5 hex whereas an archer is only 4 hex. At 5* and equipped with high CC items it become a real threat to most regiments.

I believe if you look at MikeyKhan regiments on the video, you'll see that all 5×5* regiments are equipped with high CC items and that means every one of them can take out any of my regiment in one shot with CC strike.:eek::confused:

13. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

Tee hee....poor TPB. Hope you can find some mixed mythical armor for those guys.:p

MikeyKhan has some pretty stout melee regiments, which can be deadly if they get in close. Some maps, his army is a piece of cake....others can end up like this;)

Kwartai and Jin like this.
  14. Guru

Guru Active Member

Can't wait to get to the high AP level as you are so I can normally discuss these PvP battles :)

15. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

It's always good to have an opinion from another warlord with a lower AP. I find that I've to tune my tactic ever so slightly as my AP increases. Another thing that you'll notice is that at higher AP, the AI army combo has more variety because those warlords has lots more regiments to shuffle around to put in top 5.

16. Guru

Guru Active Member

Will always comment if i'll have something to share. Damn the forum is so active lately, it's amazing :)

Kwartai likes this.
  17. NoName

NoName Active Member

F628FE8D-9994-4812-AA74-9357305645AE.jpeg

When I get this opponent mix all 5* opponents (as my Army is all 4*) with archers split top & bottom I usually just RR. I captured this image & hit retreat. I just wanted to confirm my LA’s ROF placement is what most warlords are doing?

18. Waarthog

Waarthog Member

I place both my archers in the forest at the bottleneck in the middle GG ether S or N depending on which enemy is a greater threat ... I try to get the mages out first and squeeze my tank trough the enemy RoF in the next turns keeping my MF out of range but still healing tank or GG so when RoF fades I have my tank in there to go after the archer and MF for the melees ... This map is giving me much more trouble than it used to ...

19. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

3S 5v5 192T against ZenTheDucky. I've always expect to lose 2 or more regiments in this map whether it's 3S or 4S. Anything less than that, I'm ecstatic.

The All Mighty Goddess, Gorzura, decided I should have 5×CS from her with 4 of them consecutively. :):):) That's how I won this PvP with no regiments lost. Tactics and luck does play a part. Goblin Archer blocking off the access to MF is luck. AI SM didn't CS my LA from height is also luck. GG survived a CS from AI LA is also luck. :D

NoName likes this.