New idea Get gold for excess shards and potions

Cire

The Merchant sells shards for diamonds and sells potions for gold. We should be able to sell shards and potions back to the Merchant for gold. It doesn't even have to a lot of gold.

Potions could be given gold values roughly equivalent to common, uncommon, rare, and epic upgrade items.
Shards could also given some set of values relative to their character's worth in the game -- MF possibly with highest values (epic level) down to Grubak with lower (common) values.

It just makes sense that you could do something with shards and potions, as most players get to a point where they still need gold to forge but don't need shards and potions for promotions and upgrades. Of course, eventually, those players won't need the gold, either, but it would help to keep things moving ahead.

Cire

Just for reference, I've got 622 potions right now (and growing daily) with nothing to do with them:

LPoK - 182
PoK - 233
GPoK - 121
EPoK - 86

How many do others have? I'll bet some older players have 2,000 or more total.

Would you sell your LPoK for $30 in gold? PoK for $100? GPoK for $150? EPoK for $250?

Ushurak@adventures

I have 25 Mio potion and I'm waiting that Campa Beleem opens. Then I could level up immeadiately to lvl23 for two new units. Only the shards i would miss and max appropriate items. But I could play Xhatakan Faction to the end within a day. So please let me use my nowadays worthless things. By the way our maxed members of alliance get lethargic

Cire

In just one week since my original post, my total potion count has grown by 39 to 661. So I'm getting 5+ potions per day.

If I can't sell the potions, why does the game give them as rewards? Its not a reward if its useless...

Primer

Just for reference, I've got 622 potions right now (and growing daily) with nothing to do with them:

LPoK - 182
PoK - 233
GPoK - 121
EPoK - 86

How many do others have? I'll bet some older players have 2,000 or more total.

Would you sell your LPoK for $30 in gold? PoK for $100? GPoK for $150? EPoK for $250?
I would sell my potions for a rum and coke. All 48 million XP worth.

I have honestly decided not even to use them when the new unit is introduced. I want to see how long it takes to level up via fighting if I focus on it. Otherwise the new unit would be insta-max and just as boring as all the others. At least I would have a reason to look forward to playing.

AngelRipper

I have honestly decided not even to use them when the new unit is introduced. I want to see how long it takes to level up via fighting if I focus on it. Otherwise the new unit would be insta-max and just as boring as all the others. At least I would have a reason to look forward to playing.
If difficulty level of your battles is based on the average AP of your top 5 or top 7 units, than how would you expect to use the unit in such battles? New unit, not upgraded would be pretty much useless.

Cire

Good point, Primer.

All you would have to do is throw the new unit in as the 5th unit in lower level stronghold battles and get the XP to grow the new unit.

Primer

Good point, Primer.

All you would have to do is throw the new unit in as the 5th unit in lower level stronghold battles and get the XP to grow the new unit.
Exactly. New units can easily fight in my BI battles and low level Strongholds. And by fight I mean tag along and observe from the rear for first 15 or so levels.

New unit will also be collecting all LW’s as I try to accumulate shards. Sky arch in between LWs after low level Strongholds are done.

When PES was introduced I used potions to get to level 22 and then used LW to get from 22 to 23 (had enough potions but didn’t use them). This took about three weeks, then I was bored again. I figure not using potions might get me an extra 3 or 4 weeks of enjoyment.

Actually curious to see what will happen first- 5s or Level 23. Old system was definitely level, but there are just so many ways to get shards now I am not so sure.

Jin

8 shards per day from WH including the expensive one. Let say 4 from LW so that's 12 per day and 30 from AMS gives you 114 per week. You may get some from Smuggler Ship & Faction. 327 shards from 1* to 5* so I say 3 weeks max after regiment is unlocked.

It took me about a year to get RR to 5* when I first started.

Zancudo

I'm thinking to doing the same.. But I don't know if I will have patience enough:D

Cire

Three weeks since my last update, I'm at 791 total shards -- an increase of 130 or 43 per week.

Since we can't sell our shards, does anyone have any creative ideas what to do with them? Tiddly winks? Table football? Shards ("quarters" renamed)?

muw

Just curious, how much exp is earned by 199T PVP battle?

BlackAdder666

I have from small to big: 4686, 4643, 2500, 246. So 115 million xp in potions, enough to max out a lot of new regs. Speaking of new regs, are they coming SOOOOON?

Primer

Potions are almost too easy now. I have 82 million XP in potions this morning. That is 34 million more than I had on the Sept 4 post. Enough to level 3 full regs from zero to level 23 in only 5 weeks.

Think about that for a minute. 2.5 years to save 48 million. 5 weeks to add 34 million to that total.

Consistent with the Devs apparent plan to support people playing less often and still advance at faster and faster rates.

Combined with reduced frequency of high level upgrade drops, your armies will advance much faster than you can find and apply upgrades for them - creating a sense of urgency to buy upgrade packs or diamonds/gold in order to feel like you are “keeping up”.

I strongly recommend a more patient approach. While the journey is enjoyable (or at least used to be, I can’t speak to the current game design experience) the destination is still disappointing (all max army).

Enjoy the Journey and make it last. Otherwise you will get bored and look for another game as so many long time Warlords have chosen to do recently.

Jin

199T PvP are all 5v6. If you bring a non max XP regiment into the battle, I don't think that regiment will survive nor your chances of wining that battle is that good.

Jin

199T PvP are faught with regiments that have max XP so the victory screen don't show XP gain.

Just for you, @muw, the 199T I just finished gave 39k+ XP to each of my 5 regiments.

I hope this answer your question.;)

Primer

199T PvP are faught with regiments that have max XP so the victory screen don't show XP gain.

Just for you, @muw, the 199T I just finished gave 39k+ XP to each of my 5 regiments.

That sounds about right. There is no exact number because XP is based on total HitPoints of the opponent army.

Since armies consist of different regiment combos this will vary some. Typically you get more XP facing a Melee heavy army than a bunch of Mages/Archers.

muw

Ok thx