1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

New idea Gold from controlled provinces

Discussion in 'Ideas & Suggestions' started by KptKaszanek, Dec 20, 2018.

1. KptKaszanek

KptKaszanek New Member

Every province province controlled by player gives him for example 1 gold/hour.

Every PvP province controlled by player gives him 2 gold/hour.
    When somebody's army invades province, amount of gold from this province goes to owner of the invading army, until invasion is defeated.

Dezytrius and Noob like this.
  2. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    This idea is genial! I agree!!!

To earn gold for each territory and pvp money exchange to gold is not good...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  3. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

Ooh...what about the idea of factions, that each player can belong to?
    Maybe, once cleared of pve, the map could be split into 3 provinces, with a capital for each faction...
    Maybe the pvp battles warlords play contribute to how much land each faction owns, spreading out from each capital?.
    Maybe the more land owned, the more rewards for the controlling faction...
    Maybe there would be some form of competitive element, where factions contest land owned?
    Maybe this could operate, to be reset each pvp season?

This seems it could provide some kind of endgame scenario, where the more active and successful (in terms of battles won, rather than ap, so all players can contribute) the warlord, the more they make a difference, therefore the more rewards for their team? Perhaps alliances work as a whole, to help give a point to alliances, to team up with others in their faction, increasing cooperation and coordination between alliances and warlords?

I’m an old planetside (pc) gamer, so take inspiration from this, though it’s a pretty standard setup.
    This could be done with the battle dynamics as they are?
    Ikm sure some kind of balancing dynaimc could be implemented, where one faction proves stronger than another, if needed?

Just occured to me, so I could flesh out more, given time...or others could?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Dezytrius likes this.
  4. KptKaszanek

KptKaszanek New Member

I think factions are interesting, but not territorially. Factions as a method of diversing units are better.
    There could be faction of orcs, elves, dvarves etc. With completely different units for each faction. At one point player choses faction and since then gets specific units.
    This way, PvP Battles would be less monotonous. Im about 11-12 lvl and fighting the same 5-6 units in enemy army on the same maps again and again is BORING LIKE HELL.
    BORING LIKE HELL, do you copy, devs?
    ;)

5. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

Heh, that was 5am, spur of the moment stuff.
    But, the more I think of it, the more I like the idea of the potential for using pvp as a way of bringing warlords and alliances together, however that looks.

And yeah, I’m a bit hit-and-miss with pvp too, as it stands so far