1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Gold, We all want more

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dezytrius, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Dezytrius

Dezytrius Active Member

I have cleared everything up to the Isles after Drrakha and am constantly doing up to Lvl 12-15 in both Strongholds, BI, and the Raiding Brigands within minutes of them showing up usually. I never ever have close to enough gold, sometimes barely enough to purchase the Merchant wares that cycle. Yeah, I have items/upgrades to upgrade units, but no gold to do so. Screw the entire idea of using the forge. I have to ask, is this by design so we purchase it for cash? Or am I simply missing something else obvious?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    BlackAdder666 and archie like this.
  2. Jesper

Jesper Well-Known Member

I'm in the end game and I'm constantly using the forge to upgrade mythical items, i.e. the most expensive ones. At this stage of the game I can hold my gold balance if I do around 10+10 PvS battles per day. If I do less I lose money.

But this will be very different at the various power levels within the game. This is actually pretty hard to balance... I think the design's goal is for you to decide to grind in PvS (as you do) or to buy gold. Which I think is a fair tradeoff. Still balancing might be off in your case, sorry.

3. Hopps

Hopps Active Member

You are wasting your gold at the merchant, save it to pay for the use of your upgrades.

RasClart, Jin and Anton Amby like this.
  4. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

He says he needs gold.

I say "Welcome to Aternum!"

5. Dezytrius

Dezytrius Active Member

So do you not buy 100k Xp potions or upgrades you need? Seems unendingly hopeful that what you need will drop when you need it.

6. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

Hi dez,
    No, I would not advise buying these things at the merchant. They will drop eventually.
    In my early days here, I did buy loads there...and then wonder why I never had any gold.
    Now, I almost never buy anything.
    I might buy a long-awaited upgrade or shard to complete a set/achieve a promotion. But even then, farming the loot wagon works just as well.

I view potions just as a bonus. Certainly wouldn’t buy one

Apologies if this sounds condescending...but...this game does require patience by the bucketload

RasClart, Jin and Dezytrius like this.
  7. Dezytrius

Dezytrius Active Member

I see, thanks for the polite response BlueRuby. Much appreciated.

What is the Max XP level of Units at 23? I have like 10 100k Xp potions saved. All said, I have like 1.5million Xps in a bottle. Thought I would need them after 20th lvl.

My LW is totally broken. I take it with my fully upgraded 14th Lvl unit and get a green uncommon upgrade I don't need. I used to get shards once in awhile, but haven't in awhile.

8. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

Looking at my lvl 22 fairy unit, it tells me the max Xp it needs is a shade over 11.5 million Xp. The difference between the levels does ramp up as you progress.
    That’s a lot of potions...

Of course save them if you choose. I tended to use them as I received them, more or less. This helped provide me with a good sense of progress. Though I have good patience, I guess I’m also rather impulsive. I admire your long-game mindset, though I couldn’t adopt that with potions :)

I’d suggest LW is not broken; just takes a wee while to get one’s head around:

If the regiment collecting the LW is fully upgraded, you will receive a random bonus upgrade/item of equipment or a shard for the collecting unit. Being random, the upgrade can often be useless to us.

If the regiment collecting the LW has upgrades outstanding, they will receive an upgrade that is outstanding for that regiment. Or they may receive a useful item or shard for that unit.

So, if you wish to receive a specific upgrade, it is possible to ‘farm’ them. Make sure that all other upgrades have been applied for that regiment - other than the upgrade you require - then use that regiment to collect the loot wagon. You will then receive that upgrade, an item of equipment or a shard.

I currently use this method to ‘farm’ 4 volunteer upgrades. You could do the same for the 3’s. if you need lots, make sure you apply any gained to other regiments that need them, keeping open the missing slot you used before to do the same again next time.

Does this make sense?

9. Dezytrius

Dezytrius Active Member

Yes, it does make sense. I somehow thought for sure I would get shard if fully upgraded. Wishful selective reading I guess. Lol. Now I get it.

Regarding potions, it was easy for me to save them when I realized I didn't have gold to put in the upgrades even if I did use them. I just did an inventory count after purchasing 2 100k Xp potions for $13kG. I have just under 2mil Xp in bottles. It does sound like I will need them later so I am good stockpiling them

Seems like I am raising 10-20k Gold a day in SHs, so as long as I can maintain that I will get there. Just made it to the final island and I love the challenge of taking out 3* units with my 2* ones.

Superthanks BlueRuby

10. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Hello @Dezytrius.

Saved your gold to forge Mythical items. Level 1 cost 5500 gold up to 22k for level 13.

BlackAdder666, Dezytrius and RasClart like this.
  11. Spiderman

Spiderman Active Member

Just to give my perspective (and I'm level 23 with 9-10 units fully upgraded and having played for about two years), I'm trying to keep a 100K gold buffer for when the Imperial Roc but I only apply one upgrade at night. I do PvP and probably five 5 PvS fights a day which allows me to do that. And on Sunday, I sell any non-Mythical armor in excess of 1 and upgrades that I no longer need in excess of 20 which allows me to forge maybe two Mythical gears (at 20-22K). So it is incredibly slow going but I'm used to playing the long-term game in a lot of the games I play.

NoName, Jin and Dezytrius like this.
  12. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

Gold is something all players need and want. Constantly forging gear costs a fortune, and upgrading the new regs is as always costly. Strongholds have been made so much harder, that I cannot get much gold there either (if I get to 10 respective 7 it is a good days work, after that I see regs around 3K). So lately I have been forced to use hard earned wc to buy gold....

Dezytrius, Jin and NoName like this.
  13. Jesper

Jesper Well-Known Member

I'm a bit tired of the grinding so I have been using WC to buy gold since the beginning. But then again I don't really need shards - that is until the two new regiments appeared. But I'm constantly bound by lack of gold. Only massive grinding in strongholds could prevent that...
    (Above is the point of view of a WL23+ player - challenges are completely different for levels of course...)

BlackAdder666, Dezytrius and Jin like this.
  14. David

David New Member

Gold is obviously how the devs control progression in the game, and it's a bit better than last year, but there's still not nearly enough gold distributed given the fact that pretty much everything requires gold!

Dezytrius likes this.
  15. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

On the subject of gold, switched to all phys gear and managed a few more levels in strongholds. Cannot get past 14 on either, though. To be compared to my records of 19 and 24 which I managed with minimal effort on the first day strongholds were introduced. Very much harder now? Oh, yes...

Jin and Dezytrius like this.