1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Video GoldReaper vs others

Discussion in 'Epic Battles' started by GoldReaper, Aug 7, 2018.

1. GoldReaper

GoldReaper Active Member

Greetings Hai,

Thanks for the wonderful comment. I can surely provide you with the information you're requesting, please keep in mind that the percentages are based on the following:
    1. Opponent Regiment composition (40%)
      1. A large composition of opponent Archers, make me think twice of including even a single mage, similarly, lots of opponent mages, means I gotta have many archers. Is it 5v5 or 5v6? Sometimes a combination of different types of units makes all the difference.
    2. Map conditions (40%)
      1. We have many maps and the key is to understand, what benefits you can get from the map, regiment positioning, enticing the AI to get into swamps, whether there is a city in the map, using the map to your advantage is important, some maps are archer havens, a double RoF with GG in your arsenal can cripple the mightiest of opponents.
    3. Availability of my regiments
      1. If the unit I want in any particular battle isn't available (on the timer), then there is very little chance that I get them to join the battle, last thing you want to do is spend diamonds to recover them, watching ADs is a bonus we get from the dev team, so use it wisely (I think you get 3 or 4 every 24 hours)
    4. Personal comfort level (20%)
      1. While this may come as a surprise to many, I have a feel good and comfort factor with some regiments. I like to think of it as those heroes that rarely let me down, unless getting hit by a crit (some can even withstand crits)!
      2. Here's my favorite units, in order;
        1. MF (the flying goddess with healing powers, no words are worthy of her praise)
        2. CA/LA/GG (cripple your opponents and beat them down from a distance, especially mages)
        3. TPB (the tank who is no.1 in the game... for defense)
        4. TB (the most powerful pike, get ready for the devious strike, unleashed at your command)
        5. Starter Pikes (solid defense, with a classic position switch ability)
        6. DT (great defense, and the ability to devour/resurrect is phenomenal)
        7. Starter horsemen (very very good at chasing down Archers)
    A few other points to keep in mind:
    • When fighting 5v6 or a tough 4s battle, no warlord can guarantee all his/her units will get out alive
    • Sometimes you have to pick a sacrificial unit (this is my favorite ritual), and that's why we have 2 identical pikes, 2 identical horsemen, if they are geared up similarly, use them or rather sacrifice them and keep your must have regiments safe for the next battle.
    • Why bring a knife when you can use a gun? Ranged units are your best friends, just don't leave them out in the open, keep them in a forest or behind a melee.
    • My suggestions may not work for some players, as they could have a more defensive or offensive approach
    • Take down the opponent mages as soon as possible, in the following order
      • MF (her healing powers are fabulous, but only when she's on my side)
      • Necro (I take him down anyways, he seems to be more dangerous that starter mages)
      • FM/SM (they will try their best to prematurely use the lightning nova, unless 1 on 1)
      • DS (he will always use the ToC when possible, unless 1 on 1)
    I hope this is enough information to get you started with your journey!

NoName, Hai, Jimsom2 and 4 others like this.
  2. Hai

Hai Active Member

Thank you GoldReaper for the very detailed explanation.
    Yeppy, I'm on the right track, from 1.-7. the only difference is DT compare to you. I never thought of that active is that useful. Other regiments i didnt even unlock (because of WH purpose).

Thank you and Regards,
    Hai

GoldReaper likes this.
  3. GoldReaper

GoldReaper Active Member

Vs @Killrod 5v5 3s 191 TC.
    I requested him to have this line up. Unfortunately the Priestess went to the heavens before unleashing her magic.

Spiderman and NoName like this.
  4. Hai

Hai Active Member

holy mother, 5* priestess... convert to $$ how much is it? :)

5. Waarthog

Waarthog Member

I'm guessing 3750 diamonds and about 135000 WC ... If you managed to pile up so many recourses then you deserve to get her insta maxed.

I met Killrods setup twice now after a bit of trying RoF is quite effective against them ... The roc waists a turn getting rid of it (plus his own RoF) and if it's a map were they spawn close together she uses her heal right away to heal the RoF tick ... So 3 units waisted a turn ... And she is quite easily killed (kinda like MF).

6. Hai

Hai Active Member

AI is kinda stupid in this game :) they could have put a certain condition when to use a skill, and not always...

7. GoldReaper

GoldReaper Active Member

Vs @Jin 5v6
    I got too many crits

Jin, archie, Hai and 1 other person like this.
  8. GoldReaper

GoldReaper Active Member

Vs BobTheBuilder 5v6 198 TC

Bob has a fabulous army combo. This 4 archer and 2 mage combo would have his opponents think very carefully if trying to bring in a mage. The way I see fighting against an army like that is bring in at least 2 archers (to get rid of his mages), but there would be a very high chance that you'd expose your regiments to hits from all his 4 archers in the very first turn. Which also exposes you to 4 crits and that's pretty much what happened against me in the video below.

Jimsom2 and NoName like this.
  9. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Well-Known Member

Interestingly this was a low crit game. In the first 5 turns you and the AI combined for 28 attacks with only 3 crits (counting only attacks that can crit).

10. GoldReaper

GoldReaper Active Member

Vs @Owain

Tough opponent on a tough map. I thought I played too defensive. I made a huge mistake by placing LA in the marsh. Maybe I was hoping AI would move other units before IR cleared the RoF. I guess she got what she deserved. 4 of Owain's crits vs 2 of mine. I managed to survive with 2 regiments without a scratch.

A welcome present to Owain for joining WLI.

NoName and Hackuuna like this.
  11. GoldReaper

GoldReaper Active Member

Interesting statistic @Hackuuna . Thanks for bringing it forward. For Bob, the crits hit my units were deadly and I was pretty much crippled right from the start. I'm not a big fan of crits.

12. Owain

Owain Member

Nice. Shows the AI is not following player tactics, but selecting top AP units.

I would have had 2 archers, GG, MF and one of Trut, KG or a horse. But if I had 6 units, would definitely have gone for TB and horse on that map.

GoldReaper likes this.