1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Goodbye

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gottspieler, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Gottspieler

Gottspieler Active Member

Hey warlords community!
    I've decided to leave this game a couple of days ago but I wanted to say goodbye at least and leave some unfinished stuff just in case someone wants to finish it.

The reason I'm leaving is not the game. I didn't stop playing warlords because I wanted to play something else, this game is just amazing and if there was a game I would play in the future it would obviously be warlords again. It's rather because I'm also a psychology student and my life as such requires a lot of attention. During the 5 Months I played the game I probably spent more time playing WoA than doing stuff for my career but that was OK because I didn't feel like something was missing and I had a lot of fun and enjoyed playing the game and writing stuff on this forum.
    It's just that in the last couple of weeks I felt that being a dedicated student was making me way happier than playing this game so I decided to leave it and rather spend more time studying psychology and preparing all kinds of projects for the university. Again, I really love this game, it's very well done and still improving, the devs are amazing with great contact to their community and I appreciate every second I spent playing it and writing stuff on this forum, it's just that my career makes me even happier now so I decided change direction.

Since I did lots of stuff next to playing the game like documenting Items, weapons, regiment stats, creating the world map and collecting pretty much all there is to collect in this game, I don't want to just delete all that data. Instead, I want to share the files with you guys so if someone is interested, he can download them and keep filling in data or just do whatever you want with it :)

I have all files in a onedrive folder, there is all kinds of stuff so let me give a short explanation:
    • Interesting stuff just contains all kinds of pictures and texts I found interesting....
    • Battle maps project contains all files I needed to do the pvp maps threads and the coordinate grids on the different maps (I used GIMP to make these pictures so there are gimp project files too)
    • World map project contains most of the data I used to make the world map including also a gimp project file in case someone wants to keep the map up to date in the future
    • Daily Rewards contains my screenshots from daily rewards for that thread
    • Excel lists is probably the most interesting folder, there you find all the data I have accumulated over the time on all kinds of stuff like base stats but also 5 programmes that allow to calculate regiment stats, upgrades needed and more, excuse me that I don't want to explain every programme, they are written in VBA, you can open the editor with F11 in excel... There is also a sheet where you can calculate the power of your regiments...
    About the pvp map discussion threads, i'm sorry that I won't be able to update the first posts anymore, this will make them a lot less useful I guess, but if someone wants to keep organizing them, feel free to send me a message, I'm sure we can find a way then :)

I want to give thanks explicitly to @Candle, @Cesc259, @Anton Amby, @Lesterio, @Jesper and @Jin since all of them helped my in some kind of way and are great people who make this forum what it is.
    Also I want to thank the devs, especially @Bruthor and @Anec because they pay so much attention to their community and are a big part of the reason why this game is so amazing!
    And also @BlackAdder666 of course, I hope the army power leader bord will be fixed soon ;)
    And @____ Auch schön dass du trotz der vielen Enttäuschungen immer noch hier bist und so viel schreibst :)
    Did I forget @Primer? Shame on me :)

I will come back to this forum in a month to check if there are unanswered questions so feel free to message me. The link to the folder with all files will be up for about a month too before I'll delete all the data.

Here is the link:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmrGbt2QpOxCkGUGFMXrslO5CoQU

That's all for now, If there's something more, I'll edit this post.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Dezytrius, Bruthor, Jesper and 3 others like this.
  2. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

G'Day @Gottspieler.

On a day that the first new PvP season ended on a high note, what a sad, sad news to receive.:(:(:(

You've been such a "treasure" to the WoA community. Your contribution will be missed tremendously. I especially like the naming of PvP maps. I was looking forward to seeing your army on the PvP leaderboard and has a bit of discussion on tactic.
    On behalf of the WoA community, could I urge you to edit you thread title to "Till we meet AGAIN!!

I wish you ALL THE BEST in your studies. Very much hope to see you here on this forum in future.

3. Lesterio

Lesterio Active Member

Dear @Gottspieler,
    I want to join Jin with the very best wishes to you!
    Being a psychology student is a very exciting but tough journey and I hope you will keep enjoying it. Let me just share my personal experience that it is possible to combine PhD in psychology and active warlording (as I did) ;)
    So get quickly to the PhD and come back!
    My best and warmest wishes,
    Lesterio

BlackAdder666 and Gottspieler like this.
  4. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Best wishes Gottspieler! It has been a pleasure to have you as part of the community! With the work and effort you put into the site I was thinking you might get offered a spot on the development team.

Good luck in your studies and keep enjoying life!

Gottspieler likes this.
  5. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    A very sad day for the Warlord community. :(
    I feel like the forum is starting to become more active and and I feel like one of the reasons for that is all of the great content you've made!
    I hope that you will re-visit the game again some time when you're done studying psychology and you've gotten your PhD. :)

Good luck with everything in the future!!

BlackAdder666 and Gottspieler like this.
  6. alexbb

alexbb Active Member

Good luck with life (I think it has better graphics), and we'll wait for you to get back! :)

BlackAdder666 likes this.
  7. Victorash

Victorash Active Member

@Gottspieler - hey, good luck with your career. I'm already a psychotherapist with full office practice and I'm also training students to become future therapist - this is a lot of work. So I have limited time to play, but before getting to sleep and in some small breaks I have time to check the game. the thing here is not to try to get highly performant and play only for fun and I'm ok like this. it seems like you did too much and now you have to go in the other extreme to balance things (I also didn't play for a few months and since the last update I gave the game more time). Maybe at some point you'll find the apropiate balance for you, because you also need to relax somehow and sometimes after you do enough of other relaxing things like meeting friends, hiking, sports, listening to music and reading... the desire to relax with a game will be alive again :)

@ Lesterio - don't want to get off topic, but it's nice you have a Ph.D in Psychology. I plan to do it later. yes I think WoA and Ph.Ds work good together :)

8. Bonato

Bonato New Member

Schade dass Du komplett aufhörst zu spielen.:(
    Habe Deine hilfreichen Posts und Antworten immer gerne gelesen und sie haben mir, als Neuling (6 Wochen Spielzeit), sehr geholfen ins Spiel zu finden.

Wünsche Dir alles Gute und vielleicht lässt Du Dich trotzdem mal ab und zu blicken!:)

Translation:
    Too bad that you completely stop playing.:(
    I always liked to read your helpful posts and answers. And as a newbie (6 weeks playing time), they helped me a lot to get into the game.

Wish you all the best and maybe you will still drop by from time to time!:)

9. Jesper

Jesper Well-Known Member

Hey @Gottspieler , I can fully relate to your decision. Focusing much of your time can become to much for RL (real life). It’s important that you work out your own balance.

Thank you for all the work you invested in making this community a better one! And I wish you all the best for your future.

10. Narlyen

Narlyen New Member

Hey !
    A very sad departure! Good luck and thank you for everything you've done here. :(

11. Sotheryn

Sotheryn Member

Best of luck man!

12. Bruthor

Bruthor Lead Community Manager Staff Member

I just got back from vacation and it saddens me that you are leaving this amazing community. Players like you (and obviously others on this forum too) are the reason we are making games in the first place. It was an honor having you amongst us and if you ever wish to return to this community, you are most welcome :)

With that said, of course, I wish you all the best for your future goals and hope you will achieve them all. Knowing your dedication on a game like this makes me believe you will be an A-class student!

Jesper, Jin and Anton Amby like this.
  13. Handsdampf

Handsdampf New Member

Oh, ich habs auch erst jetzt gesehen. Werd dich vermissen, Gotti. :)
    Vielen Dank für deine Großartige Newbie-Hilfe und viel Erfolg im Studium. Kanns gut nachvollziehen (aktuel im Referendariat und während des Studiums WoW gespielt ^^).

*thumbsup*

14. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

15. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    You should read the post - The link was only usable for 1 month. :)

16. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

Yes. So has anyone saved his work?

17. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Don't think anyone has saved the whole thing, a lot of the information would probably be aged at this point too.

18. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Well-Known Member

Hi Victorash,
    Just looking at this thread and realise you’re a psychotherapist too.
    This game’s a nice counter to thinking and feeling hard, isn’t it?