1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Ice Stronghold discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Noob, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    In this topic we can exchange strategy for ice stronghold. I have one unliked map and cant solve without lose. Archers and mages in this map are a big problem. Mages can oneshot TPB and archer MF...

What would you do in this situation with mages?

Battle lvl 20 - S4

Screenshot_2019-03-30-22-05-38.jpg

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  2. NoName

NoName Active Member

@Noob, this is also one of my least favorite FBS maps. I often fly MF to the tower, and place a guard with battlefield control at the entrance & in your case that would be TPB. I work GG to where you have TPB, and if nothing is in range for her other than guards I will send a decoy goblin to the woods on the west side of the map, but in the image you shared she could attack the mage. I often lay down RoF on the west side as well denying the opposition access. And, finally I block the middle access point with a Reg like pike, guard, or rider.

This map sometimes really gives me fits when we start on the North West side of the map, then I use two guards & take the high ground leaving space to avoid the Slam.

Inspirace, Jin and Primer like this.
  3. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t bring any mage except MF to the fight. Use a pike in the bottom left corner, GG next to him and MF, CA and a tank in the other three. First turn use the pike to pull his mounted out of the forest (Swap). Use MF and tank to finish the Mounted off if needed. Then use GG to hit his Mage. Make sure all your units are left of the rocks and center a ROF below where his mage started. If done right the only thing he can hit on his first turn is your tank (with other mounted and archer) and maybe his weakened mage. This gives you an extra turn to weaken him further before engaging in real combat. I don’t use the Goblin as bait until second turn since his guard cannot attack anyone on first turn unless I put a Goblin on board.

If you mean you only have mages to use and haven’t developed the other units, then move battle to right side instead. Hit his archer with a mounted unit and fly MF into tower to hit archer also if needed. Move your other units to the right and lay down a ROF to force opponent to come through forest. Be careful not to put three units together so his guardian doesn’t use ability.

Jin, Noob, Hackuuna and 1 other person like this.
  4. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    I have solved battle but CA is died... (because 40 waiting for answer :rolleyes:)

I have shot ROF and placed units like in pic. MF deal damage to pike 772

History:
    - Rider 717 deal damage to TPB. Mages placed three beetwen CA and TPB. Pike 608 moved south
    - DS destory three. CA moved north. LA moved on CA last place because of pike. LA and CA shot to mage. MF moves in center and deal damage to rider + heal TPB.
    - Mage dont died and deal many damage to TPB, rider too. Pike move north.
    - Killed mages but didnt seen that rider 831 can kill CA...
    - I tried move all units to east side

- On second pic is final part.

2019-03-30 23.56.48.jpg
    2019-03-30 23.59.40.jpg

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  5. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Active Member

I personally run 3 mages (MF, DS, TSG), GG, and one pike (TB) on this map. I put three units into the middle forest and just tank out a slam since all three receive the 50% reduction. MF either goes into the forest, onto the tower, or next to the village depending on what else is on the map. I use DS tree to block just below the tower. GG usually stays in the village and job is to snipe out the mage or enemy tree.

TSG aura combined with forest also heavily reduces damage from enemy mage.

Inspirace, Jin, Primer and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

ATTENTION Warlords!!! That's how and why TSG is used by a warlord who knows his regiment inside out. :)

NoName likes this.
  7. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

Good to hear: just playing around with TSG now, trying to like him

8. Hai

Hai Active Member

this map i divide into three. LEFT , MID, RIGHT.
    units i use: TBP, MF, CA, LA, DS

(RIGHT) side: i use DS tree on tower and either leave tbp next to tower for first turn so enemy hit my tank rather than the tree, or if enemy has mounted unit and can run deeply into me in the forest thrn i just sacrifice my shaman at right side and leave tbp tank in forest(MID). (LEFT) side i usually run double RoF and MF stays in middle at beginning and then all shift to right side alowly as timr goes on. in the end ds tree is what deals tons of dmg. this stratrgy of mine proves to work at higher SH lvls where your tank dies in 1-2 hit. if this map contains ranged units then whole different strategy needed and usually that strategy will not work at higher SH lvls, due to the fact that enemy ranged just one hit any of your unit.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    Noob likes this.
  9. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    Another hard part. I think, this archer with 1064 can hit TBP painfully...
    I scare to lost all my important units...

Battle lvl 24 - S4

What you think - I will shot ROF in middle of map and place tree on north tower. All my units will move on north side. Good idea?

2019-04-02 16.32.21.jpg

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  10. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    Nobody had answered and I tried allone with my luck. I have used TBP, LA, CA, MF and DS.

On battle DS died and I must sacrifice MF tree for save units.... My new record in ice stronghold is level 24

First
    1.jpg

Moved TBP that archer can hit him because I want save DS tree. Something going dangerous and I need sacrifice MF tree to save TBP...

2.jpg

On last I have moved TBP to MF and she heal him. Luckely TBP survived with low health against tank and rider.... MF get hit by archer. Sometimes ork archer died by DS tree and LA, CA

3.jpg

Jin and Primer like this.
  11. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Your ROF and ToC are exactly where I always place them. Stay out of range of Archer on first turn. Second turn I have whichever archer cast ROF step into West Tower to get height/range bonuses. If it would help me take out a unit (especially opposing Archer) I have MF fly into South Tower. If not, she may hang back second turn also since nobody is wounded yet.

Against strong archers on high levels it is almost impossible not to lose at least one unit. I think you did very well.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    Noob and Jin like this.
  12. Hai

Hai Active Member

you ROF on 1205 unit that blocks all others to come from right to left
    and put DS tree on top tower.
    MF , archer or double mage can climb tower and pew pew while your tank and DS handles top.
    easy peasy :)
    if needed then double ROF (LA, CA) incase at higher lvls so u ensure they not go from right to left side fast, or only way is through the top where your dark tree is.
    In this map i usually have the luxury to get the 5th unit my "power level unit" who just sit and playing chess alone in the corner. with rest of 4 i can handle all.

13. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Active Member

It's interesting to see the different approaches. Typically I throw TSG, TB, MF into the forests above the northern tower and then use either RoF or a guard to block just below the northern tower and use DS on the tower while throwing the DS tree somewhere other than the tower itself.

TB is a beast when it comes to eliminating those archers in SH with the guaranteed 1-2 million damage at higher levels.

14. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    Now I have again this unliked map like at first post but with archer. I got lost DS again...

Battle lvl 14 - S4

GG shot to archer with 707 Hp. ROF on rider with 700 Hp
    Orc archer moved like in this picture and suprisely pike 698 moved too. I have made many restarts for this perfect situation...

1.jpg

Orc archer moved on ROF (near rider 729) and hited LA.
    Perfect situation to kill him. MF climb on tower and killed archer. But I have big problem - ROF will gone out. I tried move DS on right side and did mistake not placing tree on health place to cover himself...

The strategy would be better if I move TBP on GG place. GG move out.

2.jpg

Final part. Just shot

3.jpg

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  15. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    Another not favourite map. I cant imagine to pass this map on high level without lose any units...

Battle 12 - S4

1.jpg

I tried and here my solution. I thing, for high level need other strategy.

Have you better strategy to pass this map on high level?

I have moved TBP near tower. DS moved near TBP on north west side (forest) and placed tree on tower. MF stayed because guard can use his active.

History:
    Guard moved near tree and hit TBP. Pike moved on south side and hit TBP. Rider moved on north side.
    I tried kill pike (711) fast as I can. I have moved MF near TBP to heal him and deal damage to pike. DS moved like in picture to hit him and deal extra damage with his passive ability.

Unfortunely rider came to DS and hit him. I happy that DS survived....

2.jpg

Final part.

3.jpg

16. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

I put MF in front spot, GG in top left and CA/LA on the last spot. MF flies into tower and hits Guardian. GG moves into forest and hits rider (no Goblin). CA moves next to tower (northeast corner) and lays ROF centered on rider. AI cannot hit you first turn.

MF stays in tower and hits guardian again if still alive, otherwise pike (since he is not in forest and it will do more damage). CA moves somewhere on northeast side of tower and hits guardian again if still alive. Otherwise rider in forest or pike. Usually can stand in village to do this unless pike is only one left.

GG stays somewhere in forest and uses Goblin on this turn to create cannon fodder for any remaining AI. Sometimes I place the Goblin on an empty square rather than attack a unit if blocking that unit from reaching one of mine is more important than the damage I would do.

Like everything else, this only works to a certain point. Enemy Archers require different strategy. Also, when the enemy guardian is strong enough to survive two MF and one archer hit then I am pretty much done with Strongholds.

Inspirace, Jin and Noob like this.
  17. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    On high level I got again this map with 3vs3. The difference, the rider is on north and guard in mid position.

I beat this map without loses units.

Battle lvl17 - S4

I placed units like in picture. After many restarts pike moved surprisely on east side and that is very good situation (normaly he move on west side and can make many problem).

1.jpg

Next round changed position of MF and DS (no more than 1 units stand near TBP because of guard ork (815)).

2.jpg

Final part. I think, you know what to do next.

3.jpg

18. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    To me that maps level of difficulty mostly depends on wether or not they have ranged regiments, if they're all melee you can usually get away with stuffing MF in the tower, putting a guardian in front of her and then either putting down a Tree of Corruption with DS or casting RoF on them with Archers so they can't move and then outlive them with MF's passive healing up the guardian.
    Against ranged opponents it's usually a different story though. :p

19. Hai

Hai Active Member

i rather put ds tree on tower and MF and tank in forest. the goal to lure enemy around your ds tree.. even a cost of sacrificing DS or a tree of healing ( or i call as THE BAIT) hehe. i have this screenshot:

http://imgur.com/gallery/lne7tyl

see that DS tree being used as maximum potential muhahaha

ps. i have the luxury to level my DT. he is there for power level, he is alone playing chess with himself and not taking part in the fight. or aka a sacrifice pawn.

Inspirace and Noob like this.
  20. RasClart

RasClart Member

For that map, stick MF inthe tower & use 2 RoF, easy peasy
    Don’t think i can ever recall a ranged opponent on that map....??