1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Ice Stronghold discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Noob, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    Which map do you talk about? 3vs3? Please define.

2. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    This map looks easy, but in reality not. This guard 919 can run on west if you ROF on him... What would you do?

Battle lvl22 - S4

1.jpg

3. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

MF and DS (or your strongest mage) on top, Any tank, CA and LA on bottom.

DS steps into forest and hits front guard. MF flies into tower and hits front guard also if needed. Probably dead now, but one archer also hits if needed. Other archer lays ROF centered where front guard started. This blocks top path and forces Guardians south.

The important thing with these Guardians is don’t put three of your units together to avoid the Slam. Move Tank into forest below tree.

Opponent can only hit your tank with two of his Guardians and you are in a forest. You should be fine. After first full turn he has four Guardians and you have a slightly wounded tank. He can’t touch your MF without going through two ROF spots.

Now is the key setup. Move your DS behind TPB and strike the guardian that is NOT in the forest (does most damage). Strategically use archers and MF to kill that Guardian (archers to finish if he is almost dead, so MF magic can do more damage to another unit). Avoid hitting anything in the village unless that is the only one you can reach - it would just heal anyway. Better to start damaging the guardian in the forest slightly once the other one is dead.

Stay in this setup, ensuring only DS is next to Tank to avoid Slam. MF will heal tank from tower each turn. The most AI can bring any turn is two (as long as you keep killing the one not in forest). You should survive easily. Be sure to use second ROF when first about to expire.

On later levels where tanks are really tough your second ROF may expire as you face last tank. Just retreat everyone except tank and fly MF out of tower and behind tank while you slowly beat AI into submission.

I find this map very easy unless enemy has archers. Then this setup doesn’t work because MF gets killed too easy.

Noob likes this.
  4. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    Primer, I havent passed this map because to kill one guard 919 need 4-5 MF. Its hard because I havent good items (no legenday staff and legendary armor for TBP)...

Today with some lucks I have did new record - 27 levels. Now I stuck at hard level because rider able deal 80% damage to TBP and probably worsest map... What would you do?

Battle lvl28 - S4

1.jpg

5. Hai

Hai Active Member

at mythical, luck as known as crit will play big role. so you redo fights until you get those crits.

at this map MF fly to tower and hit the mounted enemy since its dealing the most dmg to your tank. tbp goes to tower entrance so MF safe.

DS you go right bottom and put tree next to camp, so that the tree hits 2 targets.

next tuen you either tey run into forest with tank and mf, ( need some calc if possible ). or you either stay and just pew pew if the tank can handle the gang.

Noob likes this.
  6. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    You are genius! :eek:
    But this didnt worked well because rider is to much strong. With crit rider had 650 health but he used his active ability to heal to 950...

I have used another strategy: I send DS to weaken rider and it worked. But in next turn he had hited MF (400), but she had survived and that is good.

2019-04-07 23.52.47.jpg

Now I on battle level 29 and I think, there is my limit :)
    Two riders are too powerful and guard can use slam... dangerous combination.

1.jpg

7. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    Something happens in this stronghold. I meet archers and mages more often that in old version. Did admins increase chance to meet these units?

For the map I found another way, but bit dangerous.

1.jpg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  8. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Here is a trick or bug exploitation if you are going to use DS and MF at same time.

MF is supposed to heal an adjacent ally at the end of your turn. But not normally at end of AI turn.

If there is a tree on the board the bug causes MF to heal an ally at the end of both player and AI turn. Double healing.

You can cast a ToC from DS where it is safe behind your lines to take advantage of this. Somewhere the enemy won’t destroy it right away. It won’t damage an enemy in this location, but it gives you the extra MF healing for the entire life of tree. I often do this first turn if DS cannot reach an enemy for normal damage. Then I can use MF Tree of Healing later if needed.

Jin and Noob like this.
  9. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    New unliked map. There are many strong riders. TPB can survive x2 hits by riders with 1000 health but cant survive against rider with 2000 health... he deal too much damage. What do you think, this strategy is good? I tried it, but it is hard as I thought. These riders are not unpredictable. They can suddenly move into forest and hit tree... or if any rider have low life, they will move into healing house. The rider with full life will move to TPB and hit him.

Battle 26lvl - S4

1.jpg

10. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

That is a strong set of opponents, so not sure if this will work at this level.

I always fight this map on the Southern part and use ROF at the top. I use LA, CA, MF, Tank and either strong Mage or GG (probably Mage on this one based on opponent makeup). Put your two archers near top and tank and mages near bottom.

Stay out of range of the Riders on first move and most of them will run to the Northern forest. You can cast ToC behind your lines to setup the double healing for MF. ToC will be killed early by riders if you cast it in front, so I find more value in using it to activate the MF healing bug than as a weapon.

On second turn have one archer center ROF to lock in the riders that went to Northern forest. Mages can take out at least one of the Southern Riders and your tank can go into village. If ROF is centered on the lower forest tile in the group of three this means all riders will have to pass next to your Guardian and stop. Archers are safe.

At most two riders can hit your tank. If they are powerful enough it is tough to survive. Putting MF behind him in village will help heal if he survives. Pick away at whatever riders come after your tank, cast a second ROF when needed and there will likely only be one rider left by the time the second ROF expires.

Good luck!

Noob likes this.
  11. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    I win this map :)
    I have analysed and found better way to solve. I needed ROF a bit more east, so that only 1 rider can reach TPB. I have killed these riders fast because DS have full life. Overall have killed 4 riders before all ROF gona out.

I stucked in map 30 because of strong mages... If you have interest to watch, I can post.

1.jpg

12. Candle

Candle Active Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    At maps with only single passage (including artificially created by RoF/trees) - best tank are T'rut, especially against riders - his passive ability effectively doubles his HP comparing to TPB/KG/DG (30% less damage vs 50% more damage).

Noob and Anton Amby like this.
  13. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    But I have weak Trut and planed upgrade later

Now I got tricky map with strong units! What would you do?

Battle lvl26 - S4

1.jpg

14. Val

Val New Member

On this map I usually try to occupy right upground forest with Rof to buy time, one slam is often inevitable. But here there are three big regs, so one slam and a hit from dogs may be enough for Tpb in the village) May be blocking central bridge with Tpb, five rounds Rof on the upper one and two attacking mages will work

15. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    Dangerous idea because you can waste ROF and TBP cant survive two attack by these regiments. It would very bad if guard use slam because 2 my units will definetely die and TBP will have 30-40% of life.

After 2 hours pause I tried win this map and won. Here is my solution and no one is died :)

That happen when rider hit him... TBP have 20% of life.
    Very good chance move MF near TBP because no slam.

1.jpg

My strategy is, that this this guard never use slam.
    2.jpg

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019 at 10:09 PM
  16. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Similar, but try putting your tank on the bridge instead of behind it. He can still only hit you once and no Slam is possible. You can have your two mages or mage/tree right behind him. They will both be able to attack whoever hits him. Archers will also have necessary range. You just hit one unit of his each round and be patient.

ROF to cover middle bridge is perfect.

17. Val

Val New Member

If you, Noob, dont mind :D
    What about this sh*t?

18. Val

Val New Member

Deal with it:cool:
    Tenth run maybe. I realized my 1* CA is too weak and swaped her for LC. In the end two cores survived, and nice job from others)