1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

I'm retired!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mark Engle, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

Yep, it's time.

I've put the game down for 3-4 days, and don't miss it.

I don't miss wrapping my life around the PvP clock, and watching the recovery timers. I don't miss the bugs. I don't miss the repetitive battles.

I've played this game a good long time now. I've hung around, waiting for the devs to add more aspects to Alliance play, and re-work PvP. But, all we've got is a few shires in the southern continent. The new regs aren't intriguing enough for me to develop.

The witty banter in my alliances has come to a standstill, because chat doesn't work much of the time!

So I found myself just playing out of obligation, grinding out shards for regs I wouldn't be using. Boring, snoring.

Yep, it's time.

Farewell, Warlords! It was good knowing some of you and your Warlord counterparts.

See you in another life!

Marximus

and Ratticus

2. Zancudo

Zancudo Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Very sorry to hear that Marx. Personally I will miss you a lot. Our fights for leaderboard places were epics. Always me close to you and you close to me. I understand you too, very things must be changed in this game to keep atention for old players.

Very thanks for your work in this forum too. I will wish you the best.

Good luck in your future projects!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Dezytrius, Jin and BlackAdder666 like this.
  3. Arci

Arci Community Manager Staff Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Hey @Mark Engle, that's really sad to see that one of our veteran Warlords is about to leave the community.

I can understand your thoughts, but let me add that it may be a good idea to take a little pause instead. I'm sure that by coming back you'll find even more interest and fun in the game, as one of the aspects that are making you leave will be improved soon.
    We're targeting early April to release something interesting about alliance cooperation and teamplay, you may like it.

Thanks for all your contribution and commitment for the Warlords community, it's a pleasure to have such players :)

See you soon!

4. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    A sad day for WoA. :( Wish you good luck with whatever game you may decide to play in the future. :)

5. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Best Wishes Mark! I mirror Arci’s hope that you merely take a pause and check things out in a few months to see if any changes made interest you.

I think many of us are feeling the grind. I know Jesper is taking a break also. We will definitely hold your spot in our Alliance to give you the opportunity should you wish to return.

Dezytrius, Jin, Zancudo and 2 others like this.
  6. Jimsom2

Jimsom2 Active Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Sorry to see you go, @Mark Engle. May the Kraken always be kind.

7. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    I think all of us are tbh... :p (I've basicly been on a big break for almost a year now where I barely play PvP outside of the fun battles) :p

Hackuuna likes this.
  8. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Well-Known Member

Fair enough, fella...sometimes we just need a break.

Hope to see you around again before too long...

9. alexbb

alexbb Active Member

Well, one less competitor in the top10 ranking :D.
    Just kidding, hope you're just enjoying some time without a screen in front of you, instead of replacing WoA with a different game. Good Luck, and hope to see you around from time to time, maybe just to test new features!!!

10. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Very sad to hear that you've retired but I certainly hope that you'll make come back when alliance new features are turned on.

11. Burgin

Burgin New Member

Definitely disappointing, but underandable. Hopefully the devs will make the changes and additions interesting enough to lure you back. You’ve helped me out a lot in the alliance and I have really appreciated your input throughout the past several months. Good luck and hope to see you active again soon!

Supercool6 likes this.
  12. jia28

jia28 New Member

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  13. Marcus Pitt

Marcus Pitt Member

Sad to see you go! Your starting over thread was really useful for me when I first played the game, and although I wasn’t an active poster at the time I really appreciated the effort a veteran of the game put into helping others. Enjoy your retirement and I hope you find a new game to suit you.