1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Imperial Roc any good?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Enodrevo, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Member

Hi all,

I'm WL 17. I have 8 units at 3*. Most of these are lvl 15-16.

I unlocked IR week or two ago. I have him up to 2* and lvl 14. At 2* I can at least use him to contribute to BI and LW battles. But I'm wondering if he's worth the investment? I like the passive skill of a melee attack. I don't use the primary skill much yet because it's often my own RoF on the ground. My main concern is that he's squishy like an archer but only has a range of 2.

For people at higher levels, how does he compare to other units?

2. Owain

Owain Member

Very rarely use him, for the reasons you mention. Occasionally if opponent has two archers, and I mainly have tanks and need to get them close.

3. Spiderman

Spiderman Active Member

I'm trying to get him up there to see if he's useful at 5* and upgraded :) Will take a long while though.

4. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    He's kind of situational tbh. His active is good against some teams and on certain maps, but useless on others.
    If you love restarting battles he's one of the most powerful regiments though, in theory you can just kill the app until you get his passive to proc multiple times each battle (bc coinflips are fun? o_O ) - Personally don't find that to be a very fun way to play though. (and it would be very time consuming)
    Edit: He actually has a very high AP so you can in theory use him to get slightly harder opponents in PvP I think.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  5. NickA

NickA Member

In advanced levels it's possible that you go up against 6 or 7 opponents in PvP. If they have 2 archers, it's indeed interesting to force them to use RoF immediately and then you can undo it in the beginning of your next turn.
    That being said, in those battles it's likely that you'll end up losing a regiment (depends on the map) and then this poor sod can be your cannon fodder too.

6. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Member

As I play IR more and play more Xatakan maps, I realize that of all the new skills there, clearing the map of trees and RoF is not the one I would want, and a range 2 archer is not the unit I would choose.

It would help RoC if his passive was when the first enemy unit came into contact with him, not when he attacked. That would make it more like mage passives and make him less squishy.

7. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Starter Mages passive doesn't actually make them less squishy though... The damage from it is applied after the attack, so the Mages still take the full damage.

8. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Member

True. Perhaps "less squishy" is the wrong term. If the bite was when an enemy came in contact it would make me less anxious about the IR being close to enemies. If the bite happened first that would actually make him less squishy. Either way, the passive could be better and the IR needs help.

Anton Amby likes this.
  9. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

I think IR is a valuable addition to your army, his active ability allows you to more easily play defensive on some maps (to me, most notably Wurm's Cemetery). He's also the number 1 regiment for army power in the game, and has a somewhat stronger defense than other archers. His attack could be better (second last to GG for archers), and obviously it's a clear disadvantage to have 4 moves but only 2 range, as opposed to 3/3 or even 2/4. I would say his passive ability is slightly above average, too. Bottom line, there are some situations where he comes in really handy (but you can say that about every regiment).

ComparisonArchers.JPG

10. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    I agree, IR may need a bit of help - currently he's not the worst regiment, but he's pretty situational. (he's strong on Wyrm's Cemetery which is one of the few maps that his active comes in handy on)
    Personally I actually think that they should just make his passive attack every time that he's next to an enemy regiment, but make it deal around 65-70% of IR's normal attack damage while being able to crit too.
    This way he would be more consistent which leads you to being able to strategize more around him, without it making him deal too much damage. - Right now it's often not a good idea to go into melee range with him since you could just miss the 50/50 and you would have put him in danger for no actual reason.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Enodrevo likes this.