1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Impossible PVE

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by alexbb, Nov 19, 2018.

?

What do you think about this PVE fight / map - army combination?

1. Impossible to win with today's troops

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. PVE fight not real, this is just a photoshop joke

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Easy fight, you're just too old for this game

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. alexbb

alexbb Active Member

You can call me old or nostalgic, but don't ask why! I still have a PVE available on my map, and it's in the desert, the famous Harpy Cliffs set-up. Here are 2 images = 2ooo words:

photo_2018-11-19_12-51-34.jpg photo_2018-11-19_12-51-40.jpg
    If you remember, at one point in time, we had a difficulty increase. At that time my map had max PvEs. I've rroled most of them to get challenging fights, without having to go through 15+ SH levels. This is the last of them.

Now I feel some pressure to get rid of it with zombies taking desert (or dessert?) over, so I may even re-roll it, and do it, to have my mind released from the nightmares. I say nightmares because I think I've tried this fight at least 50+ times. A lot of times with killing the app, lately I just do it when I know I'll not play for the next couple hours (at night), and don't care about loses. I've tried various strategies, but you can guess, they all failed. Few things as a hypothesis.
    1. RoF's from those archers do a ridiculous damage. If I go with MF full physical, the RoF from the full 2.4K archer can turn the flappy wings into ashes right away. So balanced mythical is a must.
    2. Any critical from DGs is often the last hit any of my troops will be able to take. Except another nutty DG hiding their buttocks in the woods (and some few others to be 100% honest).

The closest I was with a double RoF, SM, DG and MF. Cleared all archers and 1 DG, with ridiculous luck on crit hits. Otherwise, I'm just a squishy toy for this army. Is this impossible to do, or I am missing something?

2. Zancudo

Zancudo Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    I really think it is an impossible battle. Maybe if it was possible changing the intial position would be possible. Terrain position and regs on this map are on very huge advantage for IA.:confused:

PD. I like options question very much. You can put other option named: I had to hack the game to do it, but I'm still traying..:D:p

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    alexbb likes this.
  3. Noob

Noob Active Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    MIS
    As I remember, on arabasta is no orks more. There are only skeleton... can anyone explain what that is?

4. Val

Val Member

Warlord Level:
    i guess it is from the last year or even preceeding)

5. alexbb

alexbb Active Member

alexbb, Nov 19, 2018 ...