Keeping the chat alive

Benji

Any tips for keeping the chat alive? It used to be so active that after a good nights sleep u would have missed a whole page of conversation.
I monitor all members and congratulate them on reaching milestones in AP and before that would spark a long list of members saying Congrats in chorus, now it’s so empty I congratulated myself for reaching 43k and 16h! later got a ”good for you” in response.
At least 90% are still active daily and we get the mythical ship in quests but they just don’t give a s**t anymore
All input appreciated.

Benji

And these are not all old tired players, we take in 1-2 newbie players every week due to old leaving.

Jin

Most warlords join alliance to get the 30 shining shards and nothing else.

If none of them is interested in the mechanics of WoA & climbing the PvP leaderboard then chat/alliance offer them nothing.

In all the alliances I've visited, the ones that are active in chat are the ones that's interested in those topics.

There are no other alliance's feature that required them to use chat as a way to band together.

Finding like minded warlords is about the only way to keep chat fairly active.

Ushurak@adventures

I have seen that the most communicative once are the once actively searching on forum by candidacy or conversation. Jin has right there is seldom a question about tactics. If i look at the progress of members they still could get a lot of tips about tactics for pvp, ap.

In my opinion a section of the game with really hard battles would do it. The strongholds are such a kind of thing but i can not get a whole day of playing to reach the point i failed last time. As for faction would be good to start at lvl 30 where you failed last time. Perhaps also quest with special battles would do it where 50% of the members have to master it to get the point. Would also take out the pressure of several members needing a break. If this battles are a little tricky this would be discussed to master it

Primer

I have seen that the most communicative once are the once actively searching on forum by candidacy or conversation. Jin has right there is seldom a question about tactics. If i look at the progress of members they still could get a lot of tips about tactics for pvp, ap.

In my opinion a section of the game with really hard battles would do it. The strongholds are such a kind of thing but i can not get a whole day of playing to reach the point i failed last time. As for faction would be good to start at lvl 30 where you failed last time. Perhaps also quest with special battles would do it where 50% of the members have to master it to get the point. Would also take out the pressure of several members needing a break. If this battles are a little tricky this would be discussed to master it
Sums it up pretty well. Give us something to talk about in game and more people will talk. Nothing about “farming”’is challenging or will stimulate conversation.

Imam

Only good competition and new content can bring new life in chat...not only in ur alliance it happen,in other alliance i found the same think. New fresh players (not second id from old player) will not be able to find good aliance to get tips and trick. Cause they will not know the name ot alliance which are good to enter. It happen to me in my first journey. Especially if they not use this forum.

Jin

Hello @Benji.

You can always start asking questions of the newbie. For example, I like to know why they developed the army the way they do or why they have low trophy total after several seasons. Just a way to start something in chat if they are interested in answering.

Eddie1977

That is good, I advice to read jins thread and to look into tactics and strategies to help with some decisions. Helped me and managed to progress quicker

Imam

Maybe we should try to think the competition for newbie also. I think it will make them more interested about this game and not even run out before they grow. And if they are interested they will comunicate with each others. People like to be in the list and get known by the others.

Veronan

I'm alliance leader so it is my job to promote engagement in chat. Encourage input, let loose a rant (about game. personal not tolerated), ask questions, ideas, argue units, etc. I'm chatty to begin with so not an issue with me. Does weigh on me sometimes when you just get nothing. Such is the life of the head cheerleader...

Arcturus

Ditto! More in-game reasons for people to communicate are necessary. If you're lucky you will get people from many countries or parts of the world who are actually curious about things and people in distant regions. Asking where people are from is kind of a base to start from. But eventually chat will diminish over time if there is no real in-game reason to simply get people talking. Once people are talking about... anything really, chat can breed more chat.

Arcturus

:) Yeah, our leader has what we call 'Challenge Goals' as well. Trying to get our highest QP day ever, trying to eventually get the Mythical ship in just 5 days, etc. We know what our best day ever was for QP and he will compare our current score to that on any given day. Just little fun things. It doesn't necessarily cause much more chat than we normally have, but it's fun and people seem to enjoy it.

Arcturus

Awesome Veronan! The closest we came was 13 hours early I think. I know we do have some allies who kinda slack a bit now that we hit Mythical all the time. Been many weeks since missed Mythical (by 50 darn points!) so it's understandable that people get complacent. We try to keep that from happening too much, but what are ya gonna do? I have noticed that the chat has indeed dropped off a bit since hitting Mythical Ships has sorta come to be taken for granted. Really wish Devs would add some new aspect to the game that would add more real goals with real rewards. Particularly something that motivates the whole alliance to work together.

Veronan

Awesome Veronan! The closest we came was 13 hours early I think. I know we do have some allies who kinda slack a bit now that we hit Mythical all the time. Been many weeks since missed Mythical (by 50 darn points!) so it's understandable that people get complacent. We try to keep that from happening too much, but what are ya gonna do? I have noticed that the chat has indeed dropped off a bit since hitting Mythical Ships has sorta come to be taken for granted. Really wish Devs would add some new aspect to the game that would add more real goals with real rewards. Particularly something that motivates the whole alliance to work together.
We missed in June by 30 or 40pts. Oh that was painful to watch and not be able to do anything about it as it counted down. I am very sparing on challenge days since my team is pretty self motivated. 1 a month just to shake things up and maybe get the blood pumping.