1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Answered Lightning or Crit?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Ranulf, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Ranulf

Ranulf New Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    SWind
    As far as I can tell special weapons come in two flavour.
    Lightning, with what looks like a chance to give adjacent units a little additional damage, and
    Critical, which seems to be smallish chance to give the target unit a large amount of extra damage,

Which of these is more useful and why? And does it change for different units?

Ditto for armour which give physical protection versus physical and magical protection.
    Thanks!

2. Domitaro

Domitaro New Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    FotS
    Critical vs. Lightning:

Currently in the game as-is critical is better, mostly because lightning will also kill your summoned trees from time to time. Also once you get to mythical items the crit damage is significant and even 1-2 units can one hit a fully healthy regiment. In fact there are no mythical weapons that have lightning today.

Armour:

Balanced is the best for AP but in terms of physical vs. magical depends on the opponent and what troops they are using.

Good luck!

Mimi and Ranulf like this.
  3. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

I had a lightning bow I used for LA a long time while all my other regs had mythical weapons. Good to hit enemy trees if lucky, instead of using one regs attack on tree. Also hitting a tank with good physical armour with lightning weapons could really hurt. But when you get close to WL 23 and have mythical weapons for all regs there is not much use for lightning weapons. Early and middle of game it can be very useful, but watch out for killing own trees or accidentally killing last enemy before you collect loot wagon.....

Jin and Ranulf like this.