1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

New idea Make alliance usefull

Discussion in 'Ideas & Suggestions' started by Noob, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Noob

Noob Member

Each alliance can make a war against other alliance. I have two options :rolleyes::
    1. The leader and deputy decide to attack. They can attack any alliance with +/- 5% power of ranking.
    2. Alliance get random enemy alliance with +/- 5% power of ranking.

While war each teamplayer can attack enemy teamplayer with the same ranking as into alliance (your ranking 21, your enemy ranking 21). The player have only one chance to win. That mean, do no mistakes. Deadline is 24 hours. Winners and losers will shows into list with the color like green and red. If alliance not full, they cant play into this tournament.

The bonus depend on the number of winners. Bonus can be obtained after deadline (24h).

0-9 winner: Nothing
    10-19 winner: 1 CA regiment + 100-250 gold
    20-29 winner: 2 CA regiment + 250-500 gold
    30-39 winner: 3 CA regiment + 500-1000 gold + 1 skill update
    40-49 winner: 4 CA regiment + 1000-2500 gold + 2 skill update
    50 winner: 5 CA regiment + 5000-10000 gold + 2 skill update + one good item

(you can choose CA regiment like on pirate isle)

2. RasClart

RasClart Member

I have to say... despite agreeing completely with what u want to achieve i, i would totally disagree with everything u just suggested... i would hate to see those ideas implemented... i think they would stop me playing the game to be honest...

Anton Amby likes this.
  3. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Agree with this. While I think that making alliances be more than just a chatroom (and actually making players interact with eachother) should be at the top of the devs list, I don't think that this is the right way to be doing it.

4. Noob

Noob Member

It can make more easy expect for top players. Example only special maps - flat field. There are no forest, hills or swamps. This map is a battlefield.

Why you not like? Good reason earn more CI regiments and alliance have any sence

5. RasClart

RasClart Member

I don’t have time currently to write a full reply to u but a very general response to the whole idea of alliance wars i can do.

If u want to play alliance wars , go download clash of clans or dominations....

They already do that and it’s all broken...
    Alliances full of pay to play-ers with a bunch of abandoned beginner accounts as balancing sandbags dominate and frustrate any alliances trying to just play a normal fun game
    I could elaborate but ....
    honestly, if this game turned into those games, i’d quit.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  6. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

I prefer this game as cooperative, rather than competitive

Arci, Jin, RasClart and 1 other person like this.
  7. Noob

Noob Member

What about against bot orks? Winner is good teammates

8. Anton Amby

I've made some comments about this before since it's something that I spent some time thinking about; I don't think that making ''alliance wars'' or whatever you wanna call them where one alliance fights another one would be good for the game.
    It would most likely just result in everyone trying to get into the strongest alliance that they can find, instead of finding a place where you belong and where you can actually speak to people that are at the same point in the game as you are.
    Adding alliance wars would just result in having a couple 'super alliances' with all of the powerful players and then the rest wouldn't matter at all. (also there's the fact that WLI exists, so I don't know how much of a ''war'' it would end up being rather than just a massacre lol) :D

What I wish/think they should make for alliances would be more like a PvE-multiplayer mode where 1-4 members of a alliance team up against a group of monsters (orc's zombies whatever the theme of the month is) and fight against them.
    This would make it so that you could adjust the numbers according to how powerful the alliance actually is, so big alliances in the top 10 might end up having to kill 10 million orc's (just as an example) but some of the smaller ones may only have to kill 1 million or 100k orc's since that would fit better.
    Each month could have a theme (like I wrote above) and you would have to kill X-soldier amount of that type of enemies within a month with small checkpoints along the way that send out small rewards to everyone in the alliance. (for example you could have a checkpoint for every 10% giving some amount of shards, gold or other stuff out)
    This would bring players together (since they can play together to take on way larger armies of X-enemy) and they would constantly be trying to reach the next checkpoint together since they want the small rewards.
    Since this wouldn't be a competition between the alliances you also wouldn't end up with 'super allainces' forming, and players would instead look for people that they talk with or enjoy playing with rather than just trying to find someone with a high number in-game.
    This is ofc just a example of how it could be done, but I personally think that PvE-multiplayer is the best way to go. :)

Primer, Dezytrius, Jin and 3 others like this.
  9. RasClart

RasClart Member

Totally agree, Anton.
    Maybe it’s the old WoW player in me , but i enjoy that more ‘dungeon’ feel & ur plan there is not a bad outline of a way to deliver on that. Like the idea of 10% checkpoints, would love to see the final 10% be a ‘boss’ fight or something akin to it.

One of the main problems with those alliance wars games is even being in a strong alliance isn’t enough because u find yourself being out matched by stronger players who game the ranking system by having beginner accounts fill the bottom third of the alliance/war party which allows them to fight lower than they should. In orderto be able to play at all , u then have to kick a bunch of ur alliance, find noob accounts who don’t level or set them up urselves & then u in turn go find weaker alliances to massacre. This turns the alliance itself into a strategy tool.
    Completely unhealthy for the game.

Sorry for the rant, this game is great, would hate to see that happen to it.

Fully agree with Anton.

Dezytrius, Jin, Lundene and 1 other person like this.
  10. Anton Amby

When I orginally posted this idea (on FB) I actually had the idea that among the ranks of the normal soldiers you would be fighting against there could be 'commanders' (or something akin to that). These would be way more powerful than the normal regiment and add a large amount of 'kill points' to the event, but would only appear if you queue'd up as 3-4 players together since they would be too hard to take down otherwise.
    Could even make it so they drop shards or special equipment to encourage players to fight together in larger groups and coordinate with eachother.
    - Either way this whole thing is just a idea, I'm sure there's a bunch of other (better) ways to implement PvE-multiplayer stuff out there. :D

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    Dezytrius, Jin and Lundene like this.
  11. Lundene

Lundene New Member

Agree pve would be good(such as in wow) where alliance has a certain amount of time to clear a stronghold to get rewards (for example a loot table of different weapons etc) specific for that SH completion. Could for example have a weapon drop in one at end, armour in another, banner in another making 3 possible raids that the alliance can go for each week. Maybe even recode existing SH to have daily individual or weekly alliance encounter so use existing material.

One idea maybe to create a boss battle who’s health is based on AP of guild and can be eaten away by each member (I.e he will kill units and force downtime) and needs to be killed in a set time. This boss encourages team play but can be defeated by the active people only if they put extra effort. The key is the reward has to be worth it - for example it could drop mythical weapons but may have a 1% chance to drop a mythical weapon that is super maxed hlike 1 level higher than we can forge). At least this boss has an incentive for end game and provides a chance for the maker to make $$$ from the super active who could pay for a reset (apart from the weekly one etc), reviving units etc

Just some thoughts

12. Anton Amby

The problem with having a 'end boss' or something like this is that you would have to send your regiments into certain doom which (as you say) would force downtime. I can't speak for all players but I think that the majority of people would ignore a mode like this simply because of how long downtimers in the game are (sending 5 of your regiments to fight him to deal 1-2% of his health in damage and having them all go on 2 ½ hours of reset-time probably won't feel very good) :confused:
    It's also kind of hard to imagine how a battle against them would look like in WoA - like let's say that one of the 'end bosses' would be a dragon (makes sense it's big, often has a bunch of gold and it's hard to kill), how do you make that in-game? Unless it's a baby dragon (which wouldn't seem like a hard battle) it would probably be huge and wouldn't fit on the maps or even on our screen... :p
    Don't think the idea is horrible, but it's hard for me to imagine how it could be implemented into the game.

13. Lundene

Lundene New Member

The idea is that the end boss / commander has to be killed by the alliance as a whole so for example if there are 50 members then each person would be killing 2% each over the course of the week (with option to pay for a reset - would need to think how that can be done - through a guild contribution of diamonds?).

This way the free players can still achieve it but at a cost of downtime (so do before bed etc) and all else finished. We have to also have a way that the makers can earn $$$ to develop content and maintain the game - by having confirmed kills it gives the option of using ads for life (which is one way they get paid) or paying using diamonds for those that want to be super active.

Killing the boss provides chance for unique reward as well as gold to keep people wanting to do it. My main concern is how to make the fight challenging.... for example the boss could create a clone of your army that you have to defeat in order to reduce the health of it, or have a map setup for a particular challenge / army composition the following week. It may be that doing it this way means that you can skillfully avoid losing some units.

I think there is a lot of scope here but we have to acknowledge the makers have to be able to earn through any improvements either passively (ads) or through diamonds being bought for resets / life etc else the game will disappear. I am happy to pay from time to time to support the game.

14. Anton Amby

You only have 5 ads for life every day though, and if you clear high-level strongholds and PvP right now then you're most likely already using all of those.
    This means that the majority of players would only ever play this mode once every day before they go to sleep, and it would end up with the boss not actually dying within the set time - which then will make the players less willing to spend time on it again since they didn't gain anything from it. o_O
    When building features for a game your main concern shouldn't be how to make cash from it, it should be making the game as fun to play as possible and building a playerbase - In the long run a good game that players fall in love with will end up earning more money either way. :p
    I think it would be better if they keep the core gameplay of the game free (like it is now) and instead earn cash through ads, cosmetics and equipment for our regiments. - This way players that want to spend money on the game can still support it, but it won't hurt the free-players that make up the majority of the player base. (I would personally love if I could buy stuff like polished re-skins for the maps/regiments in the game etc)

Waarthog likes this.
  15. Lundene

Lundene New Member

I understand the appeal of making it free to play but we have to be balanced in our outlook. The pure maintenance costs of keeping the game online and fixing bugs means they have to generate revenue from sources like ads else they will be forced to close down.

For me it’s a question of choice for people who play, the alliance event would be on a weekly timer for example and the trick is to calculate how much needs to be done to kill the boss that is achievable if 80% of the alliance participated each day. The other difficulty would be to make it enough of a challenge so that regs may survive, that’s why a mirror army could be interesting (fighting ur self so even low AP can do it) or an ability by their commander to ruin the lineup you have chosen by substituting one reg at random with another from your army messing up your plans to a degree and encourages you to have balanced armies (could be that you enter the units you want to contribute and become eligible, min 5 max 10 units).

Another idea I just thought of would be that the alliance members all contribute units into an army pool, say 1 or 2 units each and you have to do 10 / 20 fights (with max AP for each fight / army composition) using those 50 / 100 units (once a unit is selected for a fight it can’t be used again). This can have 1-2 days recruitment period and 2 days fighting period where those units recruited aren’t available for your regular use so you have to seriously consider what to contribute etc.

I find that I hardly use my ads for life on pve or pvp due to ability to restart the fight so happy to have an encounter like this which is a team effort and also a challenge. We need challenges to keep interest going. It’s then a choice to prioritize what you want to do.

The idea is free to play can still participate and get rewards but also the pay to win can also have optio to progress faster. For example if the alliance event is weekly, free players can complete it in that timescale, or the pay to progress can reset at a cost up to say 3 times per week ( or escalate the cost).

I don’t want the game to die due to lack of income for them to 1) maintain game, 2) introduce and expand the universe.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  16. Lundene

Lundene New Member

Ps like the cosmetics / customization idea.

17. Noob

Noob Member

PvE is nice idea but is hard to realise. Admin said, that real PvP is not possible... besides we need know that many players play Warlord in different time. That mean, simultaneous participation of multiple players is rare.

That because I create idea that not PvE. I have some idea about orks boots, writte later

18. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

I am intrigued by the idea of the Boss battle where all members of the alliance would chip away during the week.

I wouldn’t sacrifice my top units on a regular basis, but I could see sending some of the others on suicide missions since I don’t use them anyway.

Or, tweak the game a little and allow my army to retreat while still getting credit for the one or two percent damage I did that battle. I would probably bring in MF, stay healed as long as possible and then retreat before my army was fully destroyed. Maybe even with only 3 minute cooldowns if I was lucky. If each Alliance member just does 1% damage a day then the Boss would be defeated in two days.

Or maybe rather than a Boss, just an endless stream of opponents coming through a portal or gate. Two or three new units enter each turn as you are fighting. You kill as many as you can before being forced to retreat or your army is destroyed. Again, if you retreat you do still get credit. Maybe you only kill 5 to 10 each time, but the Alliance gets the running total. Enemy difficulty weighted to your own army strength, so players of all levels could compete. Although I think they have to be 4skull battle level opponents otherwise it is too easy.

The only thing I am not sure of is what reward would entice people to compete and put their own units into extended cooldown. Gold and WCs are fairly easy to come by. Maybe Diamonds for each member of the Alliance with the most combined kills? Or Various rewards at different thresholds with bonuses for top Alliance totals at end of season. Heck, I would even like the reward of being able to place an order with the Merchant and have him offer me a specific item I need (either full price or at a discount). That way I could find that elusive piece of armor that I actually want to buy.

Just some thoughts. I am sure many other ideas would work also.

19. Anton Amby

The problem with the idea is that although the it works fine for the late game players, a lot of the newer players won't have 5 spare regiments that they can just throw away to deal the damage... And if you send in under-leveled/upgraded regiments then you will barely do any damage because of how much upgrades and stars mean in this game.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  20. RasClart

RasClart Member

Here’s an idea....

The alliance activity is ‘separate’ from the rest of the game....
    U send ur team in to do ur part, as they die in there, they’re dead, like BI it’s on a timer.... damn maybe u can bring ur entire roster in... good way to play the never-played....
    But there is no downtime on the ‘outside’... there’s no rezz on the inside
    So ur regular game proceeds as normal, unaffected.

Stross likes this.