1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

New idea Map editor

Discussion in 'Ideas & Suggestions' started by Laaag, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Laaag

Laaag New Member

Hey guys,

I've been playing this game for about a month now and find it kind of attractive for a mobile game.
    It is nice to be able to place your armies and actually decide where you want to move, attack etc.
    Of course, the game is not as big as a PC game, but I find it nice to spend some time during the day.

The one thing I find not so good is the map design.
    It feels like the maps repeat themselves over time and I was wondering if there is any plan to provide
    a Map editor for the community.

If you look at the map itself there isn't that much information for each field.
    Of course, there is a generic theme (which you would provide), but other than that, there are fields.
    Each field can be a starting point for the user or for the enemy.
    Each field has an elevation and a specific type (swamp, unpassable etc.).
    Each field can have boundaries or, in other words, entering and exit points (a bridge has two entering/exit points).

I think that the user would come up with some very unique and interesting playing fields.
    Like e.g. longer tube levels, or levels where you need to attack a stronghold etc.

I admit that I'm not far enough in the game to have seen everything, but I just think that it would be a fun idea
    for the community to include themselves and maybe give you some ideas for your maps.

These maps might even be playable in an alliance or in a specific area in the game.

Just an idea, maybe you already have something like that planned :D

Monstre, Hilose, Dezytrius and 3 others like this.
  2. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

Hi Laaag, welcome to the forums!

I think this is an excellent idea!

3. RasClart

RasClart Member

Wow!
    Fantastic idea!

4. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

I remember there being a time-limited thread where some players made maps and the devs put them into the game on the old forum long ago - Would be kind of cool to see more of that. :D

Monstre, Jin and Dezytrius like this.
  5. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

I believe some of the maps in WoA today came from that competition.

Anton Amby likes this.
  6. Monstre

Monstre New Member

This is a great idea—I’d love to be able to play around with map designs!