1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

New idea Market

Discussion in 'Ideas & Suggestions' started by archie, Nov 13, 2018.

1. archie

archie New Member

It would be great to have a market where players can buy and sell items for upgrades and weapons. I have been playing for 1.5 months, I have 15 Warlord level and I see that the main problem is items for upgrading regiments. For example I have 44 groups of volonteers 4 and no one of group 3! I am ready to exchange them. Another example - 2 weeks of really hard grinding bring only 1
    Blackthorn prickles! I clean every 24h both strongholds up to 13 level and have cleaned the mainland plus Drakhas island. I don’t have any problem with gold and crystalls, but I even cannot buy items which I really need.

RasClart and Dezytrius like this.
  2. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

Hi Archie,

Yes, a good idea. It’s been floated before a few times and devs have considered it. Maybe, sometime...

44 ‘4’ volunteer upgrades! Keep them! You’ll need them.
    I’m swimming in 3’s with no 4’s.

Maybe marketplace will be an alliance feature at some point?

archie, Dezytrius and RasClart like this.
  3. Dezytrius

Dezytrius Member

An alliance trade feature would be nice, since its not good for much else. Not many people really talk in Alliance chat and it would be nice to have an Alliance feature that stimulates talk. Those of us interested in talking now seem to use the Forum.

I also had a shortage of 3s. Noticed the same upgrade shortages and now make it a point to buy almost everything for gold from markets to stockpile and simply wait for enough gold to upgrade as a last priority,

It seems that as a result all I really use diamonds and war coins for is to save for high exchange rates into gold.

archie likes this.
  4. Loraykin

Loraykin Member

You can "farm" upgrade items that you need by picking up the loot wagon with the regiment which has the upgrade slot open. You will always get either a weapon/armor/banner, a shard, or one of upgrades your regiment needs. Fill all other upgrade slots in order to maximise the chance of getting what you want.

Dezytrius likes this.
  5. Hopps

Hopps Active Member

Dez

I disagree with everything you said.

I would reccommend that you join an active alliance that has plenty of chat, and people who help each other out.

The Celtica alliance is currently recruiting, they are ethusiastic and i am sure would have plenty to teach you about the game.

6. Dezytrius

Dezytrius Member

Thanks, but I am trying to build my Alliance the Angelic Host.

I'm sure Celtica is a fine Alliance with plenty of helpers and talkers. That is not the case with all Alliances and some people, especially newbs, can be shy. Also, saying you disagree with everything someone says, is not a very diplomatic way to recruit that person.

Not sure why you would be against a trade feature within an Alliance? Care to elaborate?

archie likes this.
  7. Hopps

Hopps Active Member

I think Alliances are the best place for chat.

I wouldn't waste my gold on the merchant.

I wouldn't waste my diamonds buying gold.

Trade can be abused by people playing two accounts.

8. archie

archie New Member

Never seen useful upgrades from LW . Sometimes I can pick 3 shards from LW or even legendary group 10, but I don’t need them atm.

Dezytrius likes this.
  9. Dezytrius

Dezytrius Member

I am happy you have a nice chat environment in your Alliance.

I guess we all waste our Gold and Diamonds differently. So you don't buy 100K Xp potions, or upgrades you need and don't have at the Merch? That seems shortsighted, and highly reliant on random drops. Do you have a way to rig drops and generally get what you need to upgrade in a timely manner?

I did read a post on how to rig the most expensive drop once a player maxes out? Are you maxed out? Im a few hundred Xp away from WL 15th Level and am further along then anyone else in my Alliance of newbs.

What do you spend your diamonds on and why is that superior to your mind?

As for abuse, all systems get abused, hardly a reason to punish "all" by denying such a basic team building tool. Team building as in each person advances their units up, and team building as in helping each other.

Tactically speaking, a person can only run one account at a time even if they had two tablets. Also, the person would really just be giving their stuff to themselves. So, not really abuse to my thinking as they would have to play to get the gold, diamonds, upgrades, or shards in the first place. Nevermind the fact that in this game you literally can pay to win faster if you have the money. The real reason I suspect we don't have a trade feature in this game.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    archie likes this.
  10. archie

archie New Member

I am not sure at that point, because amount of messages is limited and it’s easy to miss something, plus people come to play, not talk.

Dezytrius likes this.
  11. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

Hi Hopps, thanks for the alliance recommendation!

Hi Dez, you are right, there are many ways to approach this game; many ways to spend our currencies.
    If it helps, maybe I could illustrate how I use mine?

Gold, I spend almost exclusively on applying upgrades. I might occasionally buy a long-awaited upgrade Or item of equipment in the merchants if I’m feeling impatient. Usually, I will farm the loot wagon for them. Loraykin details above how this is done. This can be done anytime for an intended upgrade, not just at endgame.

Diamonds I almost always use to exchange for gold, as you do. I may buy a shard, again when feeling impatient, to complete a promotion for a regiment. I have saved for an imperial ship before: not quite convinced it was worth it, however. Some may well disagree. Some also advocate spending them on smuggler ships though I, again, remain unconvinced. Although...smuggler ships have improved greatly, recently, in useful upgrade drop chance...might be worth my reconsidering again...

Warcoins I almost always use to buy shards. In the early part of the game, it is less apparent how long it will take to accrue shards to promote your regiments. These probably take the longest to gain; to my mind, I preferred to start working on these early. I may occasionally buy an item of equipment (random nature of game means very few mage items coming my way, as yetn they need a little help).

Trade would be nice, even if in limited form. I don’t experience this game as pay to win; more ‘pay to advance sooner’. That’s fine by me, though I would love to see other ways to interact as an alliance, as you do..

Hope this helps?

Best wishes for growing and shaping your alliance

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  12. Dezytrius

Dezytrius Member

Super Thanks BlueRuby, Very helpful, very appreciated.

I agree with you about both ships. One is like buying a lottery card, and the other is like buying 10 lottery cards imo.

Its good to understand about shards being the late game limiting factor. I suspected that might be, but am just in the last 3 days encountering all 3* PvS units and seeing their effectiveness at same level as my units.

I have tried the LW example above but must be doing something wrong. Will have to reread and apply again next time..

Once again, thanks BlueRuby.

13. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

Pleased to help.

I’ve outlined farming the loot wagon in your off-topic gold thread. Hope that helps.
    Please feel free to ask for clarification if still unclear.
    I’ll help where I can and there are loads of very helpful people here who might be able to describe it better. :)

LORDofLORDS, RasClart and Dezytrius like this.
  14. Hopps

Hopps Active Member

Dez,

I apologize for my curt responses, i was time constrained.

I was amazed to see in the first post i responded to, that your views were 180 degrees different from mine.

I meant no aggression, i originally thought that you needed to get into an alliance, not knowing you started one. You should open a thread in the alliance forum.

We are definitely playing different games, i respect that.

I'm glad BlueRuby could help you some. I play different than him as well.

It is good that this game allows for so many approaches to the game.

Regards

15. Hopps

Hopps Active Member

The alliance chat i my experience is much more useful than the forum, being real time. Sure you may miss a conversation being global, time zones et al.

I have learned so much from alliances members, and members in our alliance disagree with each other on strategies, there are some debates.

I think we all benefit with alliance chat.

RasClart likes this.
  16. Dezytrius

Dezytrius Member

Hopps, I appreciate you taking the time to further clarify. Was wondering if you were trolling me last night or if I was just to tired reading into things. I do appreciate the extra time you took to clarify.

I like Alliance chat, but I hate repeating my self and Forum seems to be more permanent and its easy to direct others to. Plus you can quote and attach screen shots in Forum. That being said, Im glad we have Alliance Chat, the game is stronger for it.

RasClart likes this.
  17. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

There are alliances around where people talk ;)

LORDofLORDS likes this.