1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Necromancer any good?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Hai, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Hai

Hai Active Member

2. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

His attack/defense is almost identical (subtly lower) to the starter mages, while his army power is somewhat lower. But this should all be about abilities, and I think his active is very flexible. Creating a new unit on the field, with an ability themselves, can change a battle. You can plug up a map bottle necks, take one or even multiple attacks away, maybe even use a desecrated mage's ability. It's somewhat less strong than GG's active ability in the sense that you don't do damage at the same time, but stronger in the sense that you can choose which unit (with ability) you create by attacking the corresponding opponent unit. I find his passive ability hard to judge, but I think it's not that strong. Also, getting a fixed 5 damage per defeated regiment means the ability gets weaker as the game progresses: at full upgrade, NAC has a base damage of 728, which means you'd need 8 dead regiments to get over 5% additional damage.

Bottom line for me, he's not a huge gain over other mages, and I wouldn't prioritise him, but like all other regiments, he can be useful.

Hai and Dezytrius like this.
  3. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Member

Two things: I think you misunderstood the 5%. I read it to mean each defeated enemy boosts his damage 5%, so the second enemy that does he gets +10% damage over his base. Then when a third enemy dies he gets +15%.

Second: would you say he is better or not as good as Imperial Roc? (You replied to my thread on IR that IR is decent.)

Dezytrius likes this.
  4. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

That's correct, thanks for pointing it out. I only read the description in the army view, and that says "Gets 5 bonus damage for each defeated regiment", so that's definitely misleading. But once in battle, it says 5%, which I guess is a decent bonus.

I should also have mentioned the obvious disadvantage of the active ability only working close up, as compared to GG. That sometimes ties NAC too close to the battle front.

No, I think IR is slightly more useful than NAC, but we're talking nuances here. In my opinion, MF and GG aside, there are no regiments that are decisively better than others. It's so balanced you can play every regiment in your top 5 and you'll basically be alright (except you need to bring MF for hard battles in order to prevent timers, and keeping some balance, not all one regiment type). I've been switching regiments around a lot lately, I've also looked at all the numbers, and I feel the differences are pretty small. Wide line-up, adapt to the situation of the battle, works best for me.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  5. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Pretty much this, but I would include Starter Archers in the same category and maybe also T'rut at level 23 right below them. :p
    It's more of a player prefference than anything else.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Waarthog likes this.
  6. Owain

Owain Member

I use necromancer more often than IR. As my main style is to use RoF, then the primary for IR is self defeating. Whereas NEC. Is a swap for any injured mage, apart from MF.
    Found him useful end game against enemy tanks, as he packs that extra punch, and the push away can be useful.

7. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Member

I noticed in the boss battle in the Oasis that the big bad guy gets bonus damage for each regiment killed from either side! He got a bonus when my GG goblin died! Does the NEC we get have the same skill? That would be nice.

8. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    His passive reads ''Get 5% bonus damage for each defeated regiment''. :)

9. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

NAC was really weak in the beginning, as most new regs. But now at 5*, balanced armor and 10+15%, all maxed he can really do some heavy damage. If my GG and a few archers are on timers I bring him into battle and get amazed at what fun you can have....

10. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

Mine is only lvl 21 and 2* but I’m really starting to switch on to him...has real potential for me