1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

New Enemy Units OP?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Enodrevo, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Member

Hi all,

I'm WL 17 and exploring the new region. I'm sure the max level warlords steamrolled through these "shires," but for me the first 6 to 8 include some 2 skull battles. My highest tier units are 3 star and lvl 15-16.

I'm finding it hard to make it through even 2 skull fights vs the new units. Between the purge of RoF, units that bypass movement restrictions, units that have infinite archer range and guardians who have a skill that auto-kills units below 50% it's proving quite difficult. Are these new units OP? It doesn't seem like any single skill is too OP (except maybe the 50% kill) but the combination is brutal. I can't protect squishy units and they're dying at 50%.

Thoughts? And please take into account WL level here. I know if my units were lvl 23 this wouldn't be an issue, at least this early in the new region.

2. GoldReaper

GoldReaper Active Member

Hi @Enodrevo
    The new regiments which we unfortunately don't have in our own regiments seem to create problems for our squishy regiments for sure. The way I tackle this issue is bring into battle counter units. I review the map and place my regiments as close as possible without getting hit in the first round of enemy turn. They key once again is to bring in strong defensive units if they have a decent melee lineup. GG is a must have if they have mages. My strong melee units usually comprise of TPB, TB & RP. Move your units wisely placing them closer to their adversaries by carefully considering the map conditions. Whatever you do, do not try to take out their guardians in 1 turn by wasting multiple hits on them. Good luck.

3. Zancudo

Zancudo Active Member

For me, mount units are very useful against new ones cause of long move. Try to kill mages on first to avoid their ability. Anyway they are difficult ones, and as @GoldReaper said you must keep away from their hits as possible.

4. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

@Enodrevo

FWIW, those shires' difficulty scale to your WL level. So WL23 players faced maxed versions of these new enemies.

At first, it wasn't easy whatsoever. But, with practice, you will learn to adjust your tactics and playstyle to get CVs/wins.

Primer, Jin, Owain and 1 other person like this.
  5. Arioch

Arioch New Member

Bring melee units, and leave your archers and mages on the bench unless you need them to kill the mages.

Enodrevo and Owain like this.
  6. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Member

Thanks! Melee units have made a difference.