FEEDBACK New Item System

Bryfft

Community Manager
Staff member
Frequently Asked Questions

What happens to all my stuff when we change from the old system to the new one?

All unused items that are in your inventory will be converted into Ingots, Reforge Cores, and Gold of equivalent value. All equipped items will be transferred into new items of equivalent power.

Can I still find items in Chests from Ships, when visiting Merchants, or as battle rewards?
No. Items can no longer be equipped. You will now get Forge Materials instead.

How can I equip items to newly unlocked regiments in the new system?
You cannot. All newly unlocked regiments will start with their own set of predefined common level 1 items that can be reforged and upgraded up to Mythical level 60.

What happens to my carefully evolved army from the old system? I see all my favorite regiments are now weaker than other ones.
No, they are not. The power level difference between regiments (say Two-Skull's Gang as arguably the weakest regiment to Jerrika's Jackals as the strongest) has been significantly reduced. We have tried to find a sweet spot in order to make all regiments viable options in the game. Before we change to the new system, make sure to equip your best items to your favorite regiments to give them a little power boost after the change.

In the old system I was able to actively choose equipment for my regiments. Now I no longer have the option to choose. Why am I robbed of this option?
The aspect of choice has been removed, this is true. However, this choice was never really an active decision. Ultimately, you would equip your strongest regiments with the strongest items in the game. Items actually didn't matter too much before unless you have been competing in PvP. In PvP, experienced players have been frequently exploiting a design flaw to get battles rewarding them with 199 Trophies more easily by swapping equipment. This has been a very cumbersome game experience and was never designed this way.

But what about my Lightning Weapons or my choice of having items equipped that improved my regiment's crit chances and damage?
Lightning Damage has been removed from the game. There are now two fixed damage types in the game: physical and magical. These have been distributed as evenly as possible across all regiments. Now, other regiments will be able to deal magical damage without the need of Lightning Damage, and there are also Mages that can deal physical damage. Critical damage has been somewhat rebalanced in each regiment's stats to make it less overpowered. Keep in mind that balancing of all new item stats is an ongoing process. We are closely monitoring player behavior and feedback.

Will a level 13 Mythical 30% crit weapon be changed to a higher or lower new Mythical weapon than a level 13 Mythical 10% crit weapon?
The conversion of items only takes the rarity and the upgrade level into consideration. You don't have to look for specific stats on your items

What about NPC regiments like Orcs or the Desecrated Plague? How do they fit into the rebalancing part of the new Item System?
NPC regiments (Domesticar Orcs, Frostblood Orcs, Desecrated Plague, Bosses) are not part of the initial Item System release. Once we are confident with the player regiment roles, we will rebalance NPC regiments to be in line with this system.

Will the abilities of regiments change?
No. Abilities of regiments will remain as before.

Omni

Soooo there no more will be options for best gears? To get highest AP you only need to upgrade yours unique equipments (like a dump)? No more formulas? Hmm

Bryfft

Community Manager
Staff member
Where to get the Reforge Cores if the bosses are all killed? Add bosses to the game?
Nordvig Merchant and Smugglers Ship :).

Soooo there no more will be options for best gears? To get highest AP you only need to upgrade yours unique equipments
In a way. Each regiment will have a predefined set of items that cannot be exchanged. You can upgrade them, however.

Omni

In a way. Each regiment will have a predefined set of items that cannot be exchanged. You can upgrade them, however.
i mean you dont need to thınk about better item any more.... just upgrade what you have and be bad ass? hope there no options for upgrade or buy items whith diamonds or its just became pay to be best

Bryfft

Community Manager
Staff member
This New Item System will be available in v0.86 game, right?
It is not tied to the version. It will be released independently.

When is this happening so that we can make sure our units are equipped as we would like?
There will be an in-game announcement letting you know about it :).

hope there no options for upgrade or buy items whith diamonds or its just became pay to be best
No way to buy items, because exchanging items will not be possible any more.

AngelRipper

Here's a question. Say I already have a regiment with items fully upgraded to 13 level. Will it be converted to new item already maxed out (60 th level)? If yes, then for the maxed out players, nothing really changes...

Bryfft

Community Manager
Staff member
The in game announcement doesn't say when? Give us a date please
Can you do it after pvp season? I have no ambition this season but would be strange for the ones which have it.
It will be done after the current season. Please expect an in-game announcement :).

If I have mythical gear already equipped will I still need to get these new cores from the merchant or ships?
It will still be mythical (so cores not needed), but not the highest possible level.

GMiner

Can you give a little bit more information about the old-to-new exchange? For example, will a level 13 mythical 30% crit weapon be changed to a higher or lower new mythical weapon than a level 13 mythical 10% crit weapon? Similarly, armors and banners. This will help me pick the “real best” gears for the exchange.
Thanks.

Kerozard

Warlords Team
Staff member
Can you give a little bit more information about the old-to-new exchange? For example, will a level 13 mythical 30% crit weapon be changed to a higher or lower new mythical weapon than a level 13 mythical 10% crit weapon? Similarly, armors and banners. This will help me pick the “real best” gears for the exchange.
Thanks.
The conversion of items only takes the rarity and the upgrade level into consideration. The stats of the new items are then calculated individually for these regiments based on the achieved "level" of the old item. You don't have to look for specific stats on your items it is just about its progression.

SpacedMace

I like the upcoming changes but my only concern is that I now based on the numbers you’ve shown have to pick my gear and never can change it again if I made a mistake. As you’re skipping a pvp season to let us test the new settings isn’t it than not logical that I also can test which gear I prefer and then after those testing period remove all gear from inventory