1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Answered [newbie] does difficulties of territory expansion (PvE?) adjust to your strength (AP?),

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Inspirace, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Inspirace

Inspirace Member

Hello all,
    A newbie here, playing for two weeks now. I reached worlod level (WL?) 10 and have now rank 9 DG**, MF**, RP**, RR**, LA*, and SM*. Been enjoying so far, I think.

A couple of questions:

1. Now I find I am facing mostly 3s (skulls?) or 4s challenges for expanding my territories (please see screenshot below). And frankly speaking even the 3s ones are quite hard to win without loosing regiments (or win at all). This leads to limited gold (I bought the 100 diamond delivery option to support the game) and slows the progress.

My armies have mostly 85 soldiers (except for 166 in MF), while enemies I am facing have 100~200. One thing right now I can do is to use potions (I accumlated quite some) and boost a few of my top five to rank 10. I feel like I can win at least the 3s battle next to the "Stronghold" if I do that.

My question is, if I rank up my regiments using potions, will the enemies I meet during the territory expansion become also stronger? Than this will be just a cycle, rather than a progression? Using potions to upgrade my arimies, is it a good idea in general at this point?

2. I read the "Stronghold" is where you can get Au (gold) and other resources. How can I unlock the Stronghold? Do I need to liberate regions surrounding it? Or do I need to reach a certain WL?

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot, some time after losing the 3s battle next to the "Stronghold" :
    [​IMG]

2. Inspirace

Inspirace Member

worlod -> warlord. Please excuse me for typos, the board somehow does not allow me to edit,

3. Inspirace

Inspirace Member

Alright, I think I can answer it myself: I used potions to rank up the LA, and managed to clear the one next to the Stronghold. Then suddenly a series of two star regions appeared in the neighborhood and soon I was able to rank up 4 out of the top 5 to rank 10 and open up the Stronghold. I also start to see CA shards, so guess this is the place I am going to get her.

The territory expansion difficulty seems not affected by the army strength at this point.

Still, any piece of advice to a newbie at this stage would be appreciated :)

4. archie

archie Member

I see that you found all answers yourself:) The game doesn’t have too many secrets, but probably the best option would be to join to an alliance and ask experienced people there.
    Basically the most of advices are: kill the application if you cannot win a battle and start it again. Avoid forging items until reaching a decent Warlord Level. Figure out with Loot Wagon mechanics, it will allow to get needed upgrades and shards. Leave at very least one level of BL. Collect shards first for your main regiments. Don’t do too many microtransactions, the game is developing very slowly, so you have plenty of time to hit all your targets.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    Jin, Primer, Waarthog and 1 other person like this.
  5. Inspirace

Inspirace Member

Thanks a lot :)

About the "kill the application" part, I have been "retreating" when I made a mistake or found a better move during the battle. Is there a reason killing the app is better than using the "retreat" in-game option? Does the game record how often I retreat and lose?

EDIT: ah ... perhaps, the battle was just considered not happened and my damaged regiments will return in full health if I kill the app? :eek: wow didn't know that, if that is the case,

6. Rasputan

Rasputan New Member

You answered your own question

Inspirace likes this.