Not a bug No recruits for Free Knights

WarSmith

When I unlocked free knights they had no recruit rows in upgrades. Kings Guard unlocked less than 1 day later has 3 already filled and closed. Is this a bug or by intent to get me to waste all those other upgrades now not available for units with more that 19 soldiers.

Edit added. Went and looked at ruff riders, commoners enlist, birth of the cause, and drafting efforts. All missing on my Free Knights.

Last edited:

NoName

IMG_0270.jpg IMG_0271.jpg

@WarSmith do you mean you don't have the upgrade cards to apply them to your Free Knights, like you did with the King's Guard? That is normal, and finding these cards will come from winning battles, the Free Smuggler Ship, and what not.

Or, do you mean the Free Knight does not have the means to acquire as many Soldiers? Because, if that's the question... then yes it is by design the Free Knights have a max Reg occupancy of 255 Soldiers vs. the King's Guard of 425.

It is not a waste to apply those upgrades to a mere 19 Soldiers, because as you can see my 3* Free Kinghts has 768 Damage & 3457 Hitpoints vs. my 5* KG with 489 & 2445, so one Soldier added to the FK's Reg makes a much bigger improvement than with the KG.

Hope this was what you were asking.

WarSmith

When I unlocked free knights they had no recruit rows in upgrades. Kings Guard unlocked less than 1 day later has 3 already filled and closed. Is this a bug or by intent to get me to waste all those other upgrades now not available for units with more that 19 soldiers.

Edit added. Went and looked at ruff riders, commoners enlist, birth of the cause, and drafting efforts. All missing on my Free Knights.

WarSmith

I mean the entire row of upgrades is missing. I have 12 individual upgrades, just nowhere to apply them.
A unit with only 19 soldiers is a waste when everyone else is at 55+, one hit kills them however much better their individual numbers are over rough riders (75).

Attachments

Zarthas

Most of regiment are 425 soldiers at least but, several are more or less soldiers such, the damage, hitpoints is different.

Two Skull's Gang and Toom-Pah Bunch : 85 soldiers at least, ratio 1
Gozura's Gunners, T'rut's Birgade and Grubak Horde : 170 soldiers at least, ratio 2
Free Knights, Drraakha's Tribe and Imperial Roc : 255 soldiers at least, ratio 3
Maiden Faeries : 850 soldiers at least, ratio 10
Others regiments : 425 soldiers at least, ratio 5

HP, damage are adjusted by ratio approximatively thus, Free Knights are 40% less soldiers than King's Guard but also, 65-70% more damage/HP per soldier.

NoName

I mean the entire row of upgrades is missing. I have 12 individual upgrades, just nowhere to apply them.
A unit with only 19 soldiers is a waste when everyone else is at 55+, one hit kills them however much better their individual numbers are over rough riders (75).
All the Regs do not require the same upgrade cards, and the set bonuses for those have a few different names.

The first seven set bonus for FK should look like this...

201.jpg

Your RR feels better right now, because he is. They are probably not the same Rank & Promotion level with all set bonuses applied, what about the armor, is that the same too?

The Army Power difference amongst the Regs of WoA is very marginal. If you applied them with them same gear, same rank & promotion level, I'm 100% certain your FK can take hit much better than your RR. Although, the ponies are not really set up for that purpose.

WarSmith

Thank you. If they can't take a second hit (& they can't, I tested), they have no value at this time.
Close this out, sorry for the wasted time.