1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

New Noob lvl 15 questions...

Discussion in 'Questions' started by zate, Mar 8, 2019.

1. zate

zate New Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    Allia
    Greetings warlords,

I have looked at a lot of games and finally picked this one as my new game to play. I really enjoy the game so far and have been playing since the beginning of February. Warlords is basically 21st century chess and will help me develop critical thinking :)

Hoping a few of you might be able to help me answer a few questions.

1) I am at WL 15 but my top few toons can’t push next warlord level without spending gold on characters that are way behind. Should I spend gold on my low level characters or grind out exp and be patient?

2) I take it the strongholds are the best way to make gold? I have Frost-Blood 24 and Domesticar 17 as my best so far. I do good until archers spawn….. Feel I am a bit noob here and should be farther on these but I can’t progress. How far should I expect to make it on strongholds?

3) Should I upgrades weapons? Are there specific weapons I should upgrade to min/max? I feel it is a waste and I should hold my gold while I level but I could be wrong.

4) I hope to be warlord level 18 by end of march (2 months in) so can I expect to hit WL level 23 by June (5 months)? Any tips on hitting the last levels?

5) How do I make higher power pvp spawn? I get mostly 1 skull and just crush them (though there is no crushing in pvp... not sure why). I would like more of a challenge here and even the highest 3 skull I can typically win with a few restarts.

6) Any other tips to hit 23 as soon as possible?

7) Any other tips for a noob lvl 1x trying to work their way to the top???

Thanks all and happy crushing!

Zate

Note to the developers.... a "RESET FIGHT" button would be awesome instead of killing the app. Took me weeks to figure out I could just reset fights this way and it made the game much more enjoyable for me. Also can there be a crushing counter? The quick banner at the start of a turn I often miss and then am wondering should I heal or kill. A "crush counter" as a small number in the corner of the screen would be awesome.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  2. Noob

Noob Member

1) spend 5-8 units that you often use. Expensive skills give many XPs
    2) Yes. You are good!
    3) update legend or mystical waepons. This is for save gold
    5) reroll pvp. More highter WL more chance get 2-3 skull pvp.
    6) if you spend money into game
    7) farm stronghold, earn many gold as you can and update units.

3. zate

zate New Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    Allia
    I use 7 units I have fully upgraded for fighting (3 level 15, 4 level 14). I have 2 other units fully upgraded (level 13) I use them for Sky Arch. I am basically 1700 away from the next warlord level and have 60K gold. My debate is whether I should save the gold or blow it on upgrading a 10th character (was thinking TBP).

I can do this once a day but it usually gives me back even easier opponents. I don't want to use diamonds on re rolls either. Is there any other way to make it so I am not getting mostly 1 and 2 skull pvp opponents?

4. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

Hello Zate,

1. I would recommend going for a wider army: 12 should do it. Some will recommend less, others up to 16. I’m upgrading all equally. Upgrading more units will mean there will be no warlord level cap for you. Spreading your wealth around more will mean it takes longer to progress: in my opinion, just means the game stays fun for longer.

2. You’re doing well on Strongholds. 24 is my personal best. It will vary as you progress, depending upon current army strength. Currently, I’m pretty happy hitting lvl 10 in either.

3. Up to you ref forging weapons. Most say don’t until legendary at least. I second that (though is there as an option if you find you hit a wall anytime).

4. Be pateint. Sounds like you have a good attitude and are keen on learning as you go. It’s a long journey...enjoy and it’ll come together...

5. You can reroll, if needed. It may be the game wants to give you lower-level battles for mow. That will change as you progress. For the challenge, maybe work to win without rerolls? That’ll help develop your tactics for later on, when it gets tougher.

6. Yeah, spend money. Sounds like you’re playing a lot aleady. It’s a marathon...one step at a time...

7. Don’t restart the app. Take your losses. This will focus your mind on your tactics, which will pay dividends. You want the challenge.
    Have a wide-ish, balanced army you can call upon, to use depending upon map, enemy and cooldowns.
    Play your regiments to their strengths.
    Notice the AI patterns and exploit their usual tactics and weaknesses.
    Watch the vids in the tactics section to see how the veterans do it.
    It’s a marathon: relax into the journey...enjoy!

5. zate

zate New Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    Allia
    Thank you for all the responses they are very helpful. One follow up question concerning weapons.

Is legendary able to be equipped at WL 18? Legendary is orange and Purple is Epic? What are the final tier of weapons? At what WL level can you equip them. Also apologize if some of this info is posted I have read the forums some but don't see a definitive post describing the weapons, what level they change, what level you can equip which kind etc... Trying to figure out the optimal time to start upgrading.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  6. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Legendary is Orange and can be used when a regiment reaches level 18. Mythical is yellow and can be used at Level 23 (final level for now).

As you rank up your Top5 Regiments the battles will get harder. If you get too big a gap the units you are leaving behind will be come unplayable except for early stage Stronghold and LW battles.

The 1s/2s designation is really just a relative term for the AP of your top 5 units vs that of your opponent. Focus more on the Trophy Count value in PVP. This is based on the absolute AP of the opponent Regiments in the battle. As your army becomes stronger, you spawn stronger opponents which are worth more trophies - a 2s battle for a level 23 WL will be worth more than a 2s battle for a level 18 WL. Even once you reach level 23 you can improve AP further by forging gear.

I wouldn’t forge more than one set of Legendary Gear per class. You can move it from unit to unit as needed. Once mythical the forge should run continuously if gold permits.

For Strongholds, your battles will get harder as your units reach max strength. You won’t be able to do as many, but the gold return is related to enemy hit points - the stronger the enemy the more you get. This also explains why killing 2000 FB Guardians gets more Gold than killing 2000 FB Archers. You may fight fewer battles overall when stronger, but those battles earn as much if not more gold than more easy battles earn.

Trick - if you want more WC’s, those 1s/2s battles can be turned into 3s/4s two ways. Reroll for free (don’t waste diamonds). If still 1s/2s, simply put common gear items on your top 5 units instead of the good gear they normally wear. This reduces your AP and makes those fights 3s/4s. Same trophy count since opponent didn’t change, but you can get 75 WCs beating a 4s opponent rather than 50 WCs when that same opponent is 2s/3s. 1s is only 30 WCs. Those extra WCs add up to extra shards pretty fast.

7. zate

zate New Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    Allia
    @Primer Wow thanks that is super helpful. I see post about weapon power and all that but not about when you can equip or when you should upgrade.

I will keep grinding it out but this first post of mine has really been encouraging, this seems like a great community. A few other updates - I am starting to reset the lowest power pvp fight (ap?) which helps (went from 150 to 509). I also hit Frost-Blood 29 last night.. good to know that means I am doing it right.

I will admit I am a bit discouraged because it seems to be impossible (or to take forever) to grind out to the top PvP with F2P. I am having fun and love the game though.

Thanks again to those who answered I would say mark this one answered. I have some other questions but will probably make a new post for those.