1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

OUTDATED Regiment Tier List [Updated for 0.48] - Rise of Gozura

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Anton Amby, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uijo

Uijo New Member

I prefer dark shamans over the starter mages. The tree gives DS a +1 additional range, which means I use his ability more than SM since it can be immediately used. It can block your enemy's path to you, and potentially prevent the enemy from attacking you for a turn since the enemy unit spent their attack on the tree.

I have used the DS tree to defeat a boss that was one hitting all my units; the tree delivered pratically 100% of the damage and i had 2 units left alive at the end of the battle.

Also i think the DS gets the 5% GG bonus.

For these reasons, i think the DS should be on the same tier as SM.

I also had learned that you need maybe 10 units fully upgraded to rank up so there is room for error when selecting units. Since there are 10, it makes sense to be able to employ a variety of strategies, for example a group that has 3 mages, 3 archers or 3 horseman... It does make the tank more replaceable if you have 5 other units on standby to use as a makeshift tank.

Hai likes this.
  2. DrQuicksilver

DrQuicksilver New Member

@Anton Amby I really like your lists, will you be coming out with a new one that includes the new units?

3. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    I will, I were making a list right before the update was announced but ended up not finishing it since it wouldn't make sense to put it out right as Patch 0.57 is pushed live.
    May be a bit of time before it comes out though since I'm quite busy with real life now and the update seems like it still has more stuff to show us (we've only discovered a small bit of Xatakan this far after all)

4. Susumu_Terajima

Susumu_Terajima New Member

@Anton Amby in a nutshell, especially for new players, is this list still viable? Especially when you need to focus on 8-10 regiments now instead of 5... I know it depends on the player's style and it's all subjective but in the end, it needs to be efficient and cost effective

Thank you

5. AceMan26

AceMan26 Member

Yes, it is, but there are many fighting styles.
    Theist is relevant, but I work comment on 2 regiments: DT and DS. While both are low in the list, I see many players using them on their top 5.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  6. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    It is still viable to some extent, however it's like 4 months old if I remeber correctly so I would change some things on it. (for example I would rate TB, KG and DT slightly higher than what the current list says, Free Knights would be somewhere in the A-Tier and I would put RR/RT a bit below where they are right now)
    The top of the list is still pretty much the same thing though - I still think that MF is the best regiment in the game followed by Starter Archers and then GG.
    For a beginner I would recommend trying every regiment out for a bit (unless you already know which playstyle you like) and then chose 7 or 8 regiments that you will be upgrading at the start. - Personally I would always have MF and a Starter Archer included in those 7 or 8 regiments, but there are some madmen that chose not to use them. :D

Waarthog and Dezytrius like this.
  7. Hai

Hai Active Member

i just visited this page again, and i have to agree with above statements. DS should be > starter mage not the other way around. and the dark tree is a neutral unit that AI doesnt care to bother.

also DS active and passive skils are more viable in battle field. DS has really bad reputation to whoever created this thread :)

in generally all unit that can summon sm has bigger advantages, because you can use more variety of tricks. e.g block path, sacrifice, etc.

Mark Engle likes this.
  8. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    I think you might be underestimating how powerful the Starter Mages active ability is when it's built around and get's to charge up... The damage that a fully charged Lightining Nova can deal to a large amount of regiments is kind of insane. (especially if you're running 2 of them)
    DS is better in some armies if you don't want to build around specific regiments, but just want individual power instead.

It should be noted that this thread is quite old and that DS would be a bit higher up if I released a new Tier List today. (he would probably be somewhere near the bottom of B-Tier instead of being in C)

9. NoName

NoName Active Member

Gentlemen, 5 months ago when Anton Amby put this thread up there was no chance of a 5v6+ battle in PVP, the undead Army did not exist. We were all guessing what the new Regs could be, and how many. Even the Stronholds were new, or yet to be released I can't remember exactly. This game changes/updates frequently this thread was started at version .48, and now as of today we're at .58

Perhaps if there's a new undead stronghold, and we've all had some time to actually play that through a few times as well, we may find that TPB & GH are top Regs (I know that's a stretch, but you get the idea).

Anton, I'm looking forward to another Tier List, but I'm guessing your available time, and game pending release stuff are factors.

Your Army Combos, and Tier List helped me a great deal in my early stages or warlording.

10. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    The 5v6 and 5v7 battles actually changes A LOT, some regiments thrive in them - and others less so... :eek: For example Starter Mages (when you build around their active) become more powerfull since they can deal with a large amount of enemy regiments in just one turn using 2x charged up Lightining Nova. (Imagine you zone the entire enemy army off with RoF's and other control effects and then hit the best case scenario where you drop 2x charged Lightning Nova's hitting 7 enemies - In total damage that's like a Mage attacking 12.6 times in one big burst, and it could be even more if the opposing regiments are standing downhill)
    Sustain regiments also get a good boost in power simply due to fights being longer on average because you need to kill more stuff, making MF, DT and TB stronger. (yes TB counts as a sustain regiment since his passive helps keep him alive fairly long which leads to him dishing out more dmg)
    Guardians with the Crowd Control ability (KG and TPB, but also DG to some extent) also become more attractive as you need something meaty to soak up some of the enemy damage.
    Meanwhile single-target non-sustain regiments like starter riders or LP take a bit of a hit since there's just too many guys ganging up on them.
    0.49 introduced Strongholds so they didn't exist when this was made. (0.48 were the update that introduced alliances) :)
    It would have to be quite the Stronghold/whatever else thing they may introduce in order to make GH a top tier regiment, but yea as of right now anything could happen. (for all we know they could just suddenly add some kind of support regiment for TSG that would cover up for his weaknesses and make him a superpowered killing engine?) :p
    Yea, final exams for my education are coming up soon, so I'll be extra busy in the next bit of time. (also have to figure out what I'll be doing once I'm done, it's fairly likely that I will get pulled into the military and I'm not sure how much free time that will leave me with :confused:) - Once they've revealed all of Xatakan I will however try to make it asap.
    I'm glad to hear that at least some of it must have been helpful - comments like that is what motivates me to actually make them. :) (especially happy to hear that you looked at the one for Army Comb's since I weren't sure if people would actually find it interesting or helpful at all - due to how much playstyles tend to vary between players)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    Hai and Jin like this.
  11. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

In the Pre-Innogames version of this game, CV required to win one turn earlier than what we have now. In those days, two starter mages were commonly used to help attain that quick CV.

Currently, that isn't needed. CV is pretty easy to get, and in PvP there is no longer a CV.

With that being said, I'd put DS on the same level as starter mages. The DS is more 'tactical', whilst the starter mage is more 'pure damage'.

With my Ratticus account, I use MF and DS as my mages. Rarely do I use a starter mage. I love the options I have with DS.

Jin likes this.
  12. Hai

Hai Active Member

is there a logic when enemy kill the tree of corruption and when its ignore it? it looks totally random to me...

13. Jimsom2

Jimsom2 Active Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    The AI will prefer attacking a unit over a ToC but will attack the ToC if there are no units in range.

Hai likes this.
  14. Candle

Candle Active Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    AI prefer to attack targets it can insta-kill.
    Planting some tree or GG archers next to swamp at 1st round works as perfect honeypot for enemy riders and makes vital difference on some maps.
    At round 2-3 - these often save my regiments from 40min-1h resurrection.
    I'm use DS tree rather rarely and usually at 1st round, but hopely enough to confirm @Jimsom2 observation - ToC rather low priority target for AI if there are other options.

From my experience AI priorities are:
    - any x2+ regiments AI can hit by AoE specials - RoF/Nova/ToC guaranteed, if it affects 2 or more my regiments, but never used otherwise
    - anything(except ToC) AI can insta-kill
    - anything AI can hit by specials(mostly) - AI always use crossbows cripple and GG goblins, riders charge always used against regiments in forest/village, pikes seize you from forest/village, but not smart-enough to seize into swamp
    - anything AI can hit by normal attacks w/o chance to insta-kill
    - badly-damaged riders/pikes prefer to run to nearest village(if any) if they can't insta-kill something
    - ToC attacked by AI only if there are no other targets to hit

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    Hai, Lesterio, Jin and 2 others like this.
  15. Hai

Hai Active Member

ive watched couple of vids where DS included. his passive says 10% HP down from most injured enemy regs in end of your turn. i dont see any enemy reg gets damaged at all !? the 10% hp dmg is 10% of current hp or 10% of max hp ? im building my DS now, and start learning with him. MF, DS, TBP, GG, CA my new meta. thank you all for your replies.

16. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    His passive will only trigger on enemies standing next to him. And it deals 10% max hp dmg. (so it can kill regiments if they're low enough)

Hai likes this.
  17. Hai

Hai Active Member

sorry to spam in your thread Anton Amby, and thank you for answering all my question and doubt. You are very responsive :)

ive a question regarding 'Ads for Life'. afaik 5/day is given. but how it works exactly ?

e.g ive used up 5 ads for life but in different times of the day. next day do i get all 5 ready or ea Ads + 24hr invidually? does it resets in particular time of the day like 7am in morning or fixed 24hr window? thank you so much.

much appreciate.

18. Spiderman

Spiderman Active Member

Each ad is 24 hours individually from the time you use it.

Hai likes this.
  19. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    I need exact guide which regiments I should skill up. MF, FM, LA and RP are my main regiments that I often use in battle. On fifth regi I use RR or DG for any situation, but DG often because of tank.

Which tank is better, TPB or DG? For me TPB have lower health than DG and die faster...

20. Jimsom2

Jimsom2 Active Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    There's not a huge difference between guards, excluding GH who doesn't have battlefield control. DG is cheaper to upgrade so is probably a better choice if you want to save gold for other units.

Loraykin likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.