1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

OUTDATED Regiment Tier List [Updated for 0.48] - Rise of Gozura

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Anton Amby, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    It's hard to make a guide for exactly which regiments to max out first, since a lot of it comes down to player preference.
    For example I love using 2x starter Pike, 2x starter Mage and 1 sub regiment, but other players favor using 2x starter Archer, GG, and 2x of whichever Mage regiment they like instead and then there's also people that like using Guardians with Mages as a backline and so on.
    Imo the Crowd Control Guardian regiments strength order is TPB -> KG -> DG, although TPB/KG is argueable. - DG is fine too, but needs to be near-death to have his active be useful at all which means you'll need to wait for recovery times.
    You can't go wrong with MF or a Starter Archers (LA/CA) imo, but the rest is up to discussion. GG is also good if you feel like you can afford it.

Jin and Loraykin like this.
  2. Noob

Noob Active Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    SOS
    But TPB active is not usefull too because he deal damage all regis around him. He can damage MF... I never used DG active and not need it. I just use him for tank and blocking. DG and TPB have same passive (Control Guardian) also same effect. Why difference?

I play free and that because I need invest regiments with sence. I need better play without any mistake...

What is bothering me is healthpoints - example DG has 85 soldiers and 700hp = 85*700=59500hp TPB has no many soldiers 10*3000=30000hp.... can you calculate your army?

3. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Toom-Pah's Bunch's active is useful in certain situations where you move him before your other regiments (he can be used with TB for example so that he can use his active in the first turn you attack)
    KG is good for locking down 1 problematic regiment.
    DG is good if you want a tank that will go near-death or death every fight. (then you would probably have to reserve ads for life for him tho)
    I don't know about the lower levels but once you max the regiments out they will be almost the same. (actually think that TPB has slightly more hp if I remember correctly)

Loraykin likes this.
  4. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

@Noob
    There is never going to be an exact guide, just tendencies, opinion and playing style. As others have stated, the regiments are pretty close to each other in stats (within the same regiment type), and I think the best guide is to ask yourself which abilities you like best, if you decide between units of the same type. Stats-wise, TPB is actually slightly stronger in defense than DG, very similar in attack, and quite a bit more expensive to level up. I personally prefer TPB for his active ability, which is immediately useful instead of only when he's been damaged. There is also a thread here somewhere which talks about guardian preferences (including a poll, with a slight advantage for TPB), but I couldn't find it anymore.

Your calculation for hitpoints is not quite correct. Assuming fully upgraded through level 9, DG has 85*761=64685, and TPB has 19*4226=80294 total hitpoints.

Jin, Hai and Anton Amby like this.
  5. Hai

Hai Active Member

as a newbie i actually have reg preferences. and many thanks to Anton Amby because of his reg. list.

MF, TBP, GG, LA, CA, starter mage, DS, RR, and starter pike.

the first five/six is 90% suits against enemies and terrain.
    rest of 10% is when u need horse, pike because of enemy archers.

im lvling both TPB and GG two giant classes and its affordable. F2P here.

and why i think there should be a guide is because everyone wants to max out his daily income. in order to do that, you wont just pick any regiments but specific ones. otherwise you just take the longer path. everyday 10-20 stronghold only? thats not even half that i can do. which means my development speed is double!?

rgds
    H.

Anton Amby likes this.
  6. Jimsom2

Jimsom2 Active Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    I think this is the thread, @Loraykin:

https://forum.warlordsofaternum.com/index.php?threads/what-guard-should-i-upgrade.7684/

Loraykin likes this.
  7. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

I used DG most followed by KG for specific map or target. Whenever I used TPB, the AI regiments seems to gang up on him, whereas, AI regiments don't gang up on DG. I suspect it's the Retribution ability that somehow stop the AI from ganging up on DG so he can't use it if they don't ko him.

8. Jesper

Jesper Well-Known Member

In Order to use DG you better have a MF nearby. But then this is a really nice combo for some maps...

9. Waarthog

Waarthog Member

For me the KG ability Lock is the most powerful of all Tank skills. Especially if you use a lot of ranged like I do and the RoF fades you can lock down units who would otherwise get stuck into them. It's great against archers to force them to attack him making your mages free to engage more safely. It also great against a DG forcing him to use his special against the KG which they easily can soak. Also great for focus killing a enemy with strong defenses.
    TpB ability is nice but Id say I only use it every second battle while KG lock I always use. While starting the game I had problems using DG retribution properly it hardly made any damage (as Jin said AI seems to not touch the DG only when it has no other target available which makes the skill hard to use ... At least for me ... On the other hand DG is definitely a strong defence unit for PvP)

NoName likes this.
  10. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

I read through Anton's Unit Tier when I first came to this forum a few months ago, and it's still a really great write-up now, after I've played with all the regiments in serious battles (except for GH). There are very few things I'd disagree with in there, and I think MF and GG are the most indispensable units to have in your army. I would probably give DS a better rating, he can add a lot of flexibility, and in some stronghold battles, he's just a beast when that tree is placed efficiently.

What has changed for me though: When I first looked at the list I assumed I should not invest at all in the bottom ranked regiments, and that I should focus on the top of the list. This is through no fault of Antons, who I think suggests with using the term "tiers" that you can still use lower ranked units. But now, after I can get 22 of the 23 into my top 5 by switching some gear, I clearly enjoy this wide line-up style best, and would suggest to everyone to take as many regiments on board as you can, for the following reasons:
    • It gives you a lot of flexibility, because you can counter basically any line-up with the best answer to it. E.g. stronghold armies with all archers can be a real pain, but with a wide line-up you can just field 4 mounted regiments and IR, and it's suddenly a piece of cake.
    • Being able to experiment with all regiments makes for a more fun and less repetitive game-play
    • You can more easily allow regiments to suffer heavy losses or even die in battle, because there are enough replacements. Anything that reduces the times you need to use the relaunch cheat is a really good thing in my opinion.
    Having said that, here is the chart which I think statistical unit comparison mostly burns down to. Note that this does not include abilities though, which should be the most important factor when it comes to preferring one regiment over another.

ComparisonChart.JPG

If you download my excel spreadsheet (from this thread) , you can get the same output for other levels than 23 (although the differences between levels are surprisingly small).

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    Noob, Anton Amby and Jin like this.
  11. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Yea, this was pretty much what I were trying to say with the ''most regiments of the same class have stats similar to eachother'' part, but it felt a bit hard to explain. :D
    The Tiers are mostly just supposed to be "you're likely to use this regiment more or less amount of the time compared to other regiments" or something like that. (for example you're probably more likely to deploy a starter archer than LC, or at least more likely to find succes with doing so in your average army comb)
    Outside of MF (and maybe GG/a Starter Archer) there's not really any regiments that I would mark as "must upgrade" (maybe T'rut once you reach 23?) - It's just a player preference thing for the most part. :)

12. Owain

Owain Member

This has been a very useful tutorial. I am now advancing my last 5 units to lvl23. All at full shards. I agree with the general sentiment that you have a squad of 7 core units. Typically you use 4 of them , and depending on opponent another.
    But, if you are trying to place well on PvP, a strong squad is critical. You need multiple tanks, pikes, horses and even the crossbow.
    I find IR a tough opponent in 5v6, but does not work well within my 5. Just gets killed too easily.

Jin, Jesper and Anton Amby like this.
  13. Hai

Hai Active Member

Hello Owain

im curious how long it took you to reach lvl 23 with full regiments and shards ?

thank you and
    regards
    H.

14. Jibberjabber

Jibberjabber Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    Super
    As a NEW new player starting 2 weeks ago and only level 11 I am pretty interested in an update here. I have been a great fan of the DG but will replace them with the KG immediately because it's a good explanation. I'll still use town guard untill I get the fat belly oger.

Thanks a bunch

15. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    I am planning on putting out the new Regiment Tier List shortly after 0.65 (which is supposed to be released some time this month to my understanding)
    I'm already done making the majority of it, but I don't really want to put it out there and then have it be behind the update the day afterwards. :)

16. Noob

Noob Active Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    SOS
    I think, you understimate DS and DG... I hate DG in pvp because he is tanky and if he have 50% of HP, he deal extremaly many damage..

17. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    DS will be a good bit higher on the next tier list. (probably around low A-tier)
    DG I'm still not a huge fan of (not because he's directly bad, but just because KG and TPB are better in my opinion) but he will also be slightly higher. (he's a fine kamikaze regiment, but for the majority of the game you don't want a regiment that NEEDS to drop low during a fight to be of value)

18. Jibberjabber

Jibberjabber Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    Super
    Yea. I liked my DG because he was my first and strongest unit.

After reading the review I re-evaluated andand g my KG a ton of XP to just get him to match my DG and take over as main tank.

I can't agree on the pikes yet though. I just don't see any value in them (again I'm low level and the passive bonus may be huge)

19. Hai

Hai Active Member

mage wise I think top3 are : 1. MF, 2. PES, 3. DS
    double nuker was good in the past, but PES came and push them down from the throne.

20. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    The new Regiment Tier List has now been posted, and thus this thread is officially OUTDATED! :p

BlackAdder666 likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.