[OUTDATED] WoA Reboot (Newbies Guide)

mastader

@Jin So the best place to spend gems is actually merchant with 25% discount, got it :)
Unfortunately I don't really have much free time, so right now I'm just starting to slowly approaching Eastgate. Very useful tips however, I'll start to level up DG a bit from now on :D

I don't have MF though, only got 1 shard from a free ship lol

Jin

@mastader. Ahhh..., so you're at the start of your journey. Any chance of posting your battle line up?

Don't ignore PvP. The trophies you've collected will be converted into gold and WC at a ratio of 1:1 at end of season plus 50:1 for diamonds. Open up the PvP region ASAP.

Clear shire battles, BI & PvP using regiments that needed to complete Quest battles. Keeping a few easy levels of BU for Quest battles is an extremely effective strategy

Clearing Tree of Life will get you MF. If you decide to upgrade one of the Giant regiment, make sure you've reasonable reserve of gold.

mastader

@mastader. Ahhh..., so you're at the start of your journey. Any chance of posting your battle line up?

Don't ignore PvP. The trophies you've collected will be converted into gold and WC at a ratio of 1:1 at end of season plus 50:1 for diamonds. Open up the PvP region ASAP.

Clear shire battles, BI & PvP using regiments that needed to complete Quest battles. Keeping a few easy levels of BU for Quest battles is an extremely effective strategy

Clearing Tree of Life will get you MF. If you decide to upgrade one of the Giant regiment, make sure you've reasonable reserve of gold.
Um, I'm not sure what BU is haha, do you mean BI? Also I haven't encountered quest battles, only LW.
Not sure how to post a picture (error occured), but it's the starter 5 regiments and nothing else. RP and LA are at 1* others not yet even. RR RP are rank 4 others rank 3.
Do you recommend upgrading anyone as soon as it is available no matter who it is or waiting to upgrade a few particular regiments?

Jin

@mastader. Pic need to be reduced to 1Mb to be posted in this Forum. Yes, I did mean BI.

Ahhh..., you're not in an Alliance yet. A few alliances that can help you greatly if you can get in are Aim High, Celtica, Revolutionary Heroes, War Hammer, Sanguine Knight, Praetorian Guards, Bawbags & Wise Monkeys.

Which regiment you upgrade depends on your combat style. If you like to ko AI regiments from a distance then concentrate on archers and mages with a guard regiment as protector. If you like close quarter combat then you'll have 3 or 4 melee regiments with archer and/or mage in a support role.

I recommend a 8 regiments main army if you want variety in tactical choice. 5 of each class plus 3 to complement your combat style.

Having said all that, Warlord Primer said it best: "The only way to play WoA is the way you enjoy most." Just beware of pitfalls and walls along your journey.

Last edited:

mastader

@Jin Understood, thank you so much for the advice! I still can't join alliance yet but I'll make sure to look for an active one :D

Reactions: Jin

mastader

Hi again,
I now have got RP, RR, LA, SM to 1* and rank 4. Just got LP and started to send him into SA. Also I have got to WL5. However I am still having a lot problems dealing with battles; CV rate goes down instead of up (and I tend to retreat when I realize it's impossible to get CV), I can't beat GH lv4 (I don't go for CV here, simply just lost), and PvP battles did not open up (do I need to do all region battles in this season something area to unlock PvP?)
Am I pushing for CV too hard? I haven't forged anything yet, I saw that you didn't forge so I did the same but now I'm kinda stuck :/
I started to get a lot of uncommon upgrades but they just sit in my inventory without a spot to be used... What am I doing wrong here? Or am I on the right track I just need to be patient?
Thanks a lot in advance :)

btw I looked at the skills of DG and KG, I kinda prefer the skillset of KG. Will it be very long until I get him?

Jin

Hello @mastader.

Sorry for the late reply. Didn't have much free time yesterday.

For me, CV is something that I don't chase after because it can get your regiments sustain over 50% damaged or ko unnecessary. When you've a limited number of regiments, you need to look after them. Use villages to heal, use multiple regiments to ko one AI regiment at a time, use RoF so the AI regiments don't come at you all at once.

1S battles can get CV easily, 2S most of the times. 3S is very tough and 4S is nigh on impossible at this early stages of your journey.

You do require a lot of patience. Clear the Shire Battles that are 1S & 2S. Upgrade your regiments whenever you can. Forging items is not really a good move because you'll just get tougher opponent because the battle match up is tie to the T5AP.

South of SA is the War Gate. That's the entrance to the PvP region. From my fuzzy memory, WL5 is needed to enter the region. Try to clear the PvP Shire Battle during season so you can convert the trophies to WC & gold.

KG shards are located to the west of Nordvig so it'll be a while before you get KG. My advice is to promote DG to 2* and hold him there if you want KG to be your primary guard.

Hope this help.

Jin

Most of the strategies and tactics posted in this thread are no longer useful with the new V0.86 of WoA.

I would like to make a personal request that this thread be moved to "Off Topic" section as a footnote in the history of WoA.

Thank you.

Bryfft

Community Manager
Staff member
I have unpinned the thread from the top and amended its title.
It is not really offtopic, so I'd keep it in the section, unless you guys feel strongly about it.